Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Extreme Fan

TV Gal on Zap2it.com weighs in on her views so far. The link is here.

She, like most of us, has to keep reminding herself that these people are not real.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok, that i what i thought but just was checking.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Gilmore Guy's "Snob Mentality"

TV Guide.com
by Ben Katner
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Even before making his Gilmore Girls debut last week, Matt Czuchry knew very well how we would react to his character, Yale sophomore Logan. Not only does the smart-mouthed Ivy Leaguer push the buttons of America's sweetheart, Rory (Alexis Bledel), but his snobbery is rivaled only by that of her persnickety grandmother, Emily.

"I could tell people were going to hate me on sight," the baby-faced 27-year-old shares with TV Guide Online. "Logan is completely unapologetic. He'll go off in the summer and crash Daddy's yacht into a buoy, and his dad will fly him away in a helicopter so he won't have to deal with any of the consequences.

"Obviously, this guy is 180 degrees different from Rory and from her past boyfriends, so how could the audience not be kind of spun out when they see him come on? But," he adds with the snicker of a born pot-stirrer, "that's what we're going for."

To make matters worse for the newbie — or, on second thought, more interesting — his upper-crust counterpart seems hell-bent on coming between our heroine and Marty (Wayne Wilcox), the underdog who's been following her around like a puppy. "I don't think that's going to happen," Czuchry insists. "My understanding is that Dean (Jared Padalecki) is going to be in the picture, but so am I. So [fans] will be p---ed, but hopefully they'll also be like, 'Wow! Man, I hate this guy, but I kind of like him, too!' That's how Rory's feeling."

As if Logan's love of a great debate, resemblance to Chilton kissing-bandit Tristan (Chad Michael Murray) and obvious need for an attitude adjustment weren't enough to make him irresistible to Rory, he will also be able to introduce the small-town gal to some big-time intrigue. "She's not in Stars Hollow anymore!" Czuchry notes wryly. "one sentence clipped for spoiler. It's different from anything Rory's ever seen, so it's really opening her eyes to a whole new world. The audience is going to love it... and hate it." We believe him. After all, he's been right so far.
JMO: I don't hate him yet, but I don't like him, and I definitely don't love him.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Found this, classic ASP remarks; that's why I love that show; lipstick and Dickens

article
Old 10-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

So if Norman Mailer improvised 95% of his lines, does that mean that Lauren Graham and Melissa McCarthy had to improvise too? That would be really cool to see. I'd love to see Lauren Graham just go off the cuff. Can you imagine the outtakes? Ha!
Old 10-12-2004, 04:09 PM
New Fan

I know it's off subject but....

Where exactly is the post where I can see clips of that Gilmore Girls backstage thing on ABC family??????

pleez, I would reely love to know
i love gilmore girls!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Extreme Fan

The futon critic has an article that notes that One Tree Hill's last episode before hiatus will be on November 30th.

Artilce is here.

The WB usually pairs GG and OTH together. Has anyone heard the date for GG going into hiatus.

Note: November 30th would be episode 5.11, if it aired.

Last edited by Jet1945; 10-12-2004 at 07:58 PM
Old 10-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Cotton Candy

Thanks for all of the articles guys!

Old 10-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
On The WB, "Gilmore Girls" had a 3.9/6
I got this information from Zapzit . I think GG did pretty well last night considering there was a baseball game between the Yankees() and Red Sox.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Total Fan

I would think that if GG was on that same schedule the announcement would have included with the OTH one.

I hope GG stays on its normal schedule.

Who knows??!!
Old 10-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~ CherylS ~~
I hope GG stays on its normal schedule.
Ditto.

Old 10-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Ratings Info

From Broadcast and Cable News

Quote:
The WB continued on its hot streak (One Tree Hill and Gilmore Girls set some series and network demo records Monday), averaging a 2.3/7 Tuesday night, including a 2.5/7 for Gilmore Girls, edging out NBC's back-to-back repeats of Father of the Pride.
The complete article is here.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Cotton Candy

Thanks for the link Jet!

Old 10-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Backstage Special

Hey

I just downloaded the Backstage Special from the old thread. But is there more? I mean aren't there outtakes, bloopers,.. or something.. i expected a little more... And you can't even see the clips, so it's difficult to know wich scene they are talking about...

BUT like it anyway :-)

Great job! Keep them coming!! It's not fair!! I like to live in America (that sooo reminds me of lauren on conan o'brien in 2003) ! So i can see all the gilmore girls episodes on tv and i don't have to download them everytime!!

BYE!!!

(hehe, had some trouble posting it here but i think i have the hang off it now!)
Old 10-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Re: Backstage Special

Quote:
Originally posted by think_or_die
And you can't even see the clips, so it's difficult to know wich scene they are talking about...
I had the same problem, sometimes you can see a few seconds and guess what it is - so if anyone here would like to fill us in (I'm especially interested in the scenes which were shown when Kelly and Edward were there, one time Edward was saying he hadn't seen this and wanted to watch it again).
BTW did you too having trouble to download the clips in which the actors were presenting their favourite episodes - that didn't work for me.

Avi by Valerie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread