Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2021, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

Eh, I get that biologically she is Rory's half sister, but they aren't at all close for me to think of her like that. Actually, there was that episode where Rory is on a date and the guy asks her if she has any siblings and she says no. Plus, I hate that as soon as Gigi was born, Chris prioritised her over Rory. Once she is born, there are no phone calls to Rory, we don't see him again until Sherry leaves and he can't handle one day of looking after Gigi, so he has to call Lorelai for help. I know that isn't Gigi's fault, but again, it's what she represents.
Old 12-29-2021, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I kind of see her in the same way as Doula is Jess’s half-sister

but I like to think that maybe Rory and Gigi had a closer relationship post-S7
Old 12-29-2021, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

They can bond over how terrible their dad is.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Apparently Rory and Gigi had no connection later either, in AYITL she asks Chris how GiGi is doing and he says she is in Paris. If they had contact, Rory would surely know that. Rory was never really interested in GiGi either, at least it seemed that way. She never babysits or just visits her, even ignoring her at first when Lorelai and Chris eat at the inn and Rory is mad at Chris because of it.

@onebreath

I absolutely agree with what you said above.
BellaBellisario
Old 12-30-2021, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

was that inn scene in season 7? I don’t remember

also I could reason with Rory possibly not being on top of things with everyone given how both her professional and personal life was falling apart and dealing with the loss of her grandfather

she was going through a lot at the time
Old 12-30-2021, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

I got the impression that in the almost decade since the OS and AYITL, Rory never developed a relationship with Gigi.

The inn scene takes place in season 5.
Old 12-30-2021, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah idk it could’ve happened offscreen but it wasn’t completely clear

thanks for the reminder

I don’t remember events from seasons 5 and 7 that well
Old 12-30-2021, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperance (View Post)
Apparently Rory and Gigi had no connection later either, in AYITL she asks Chris how GiGi is doing and he says she is in Paris. If they had contact, Rory would surely know that. Rory was never really interested in GiGi either, at least it seemed that way. She never babysits or just visits her, even ignoring her at first when Lorelai and Chris eat at the inn and Rory is mad at Chris because of it.
Hmm. That's true. Never thought about that.
Old 12-31-2021, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think it’s cool how GG is such a pop culture phenom now. Bringing back this compilation vid from 3 months ago of every GG reference in other TV shows and/or film:

Old 12-31-2021, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah it’s cool

also given that GG is such a pop culture oriented show itself

I hadn’t seen the Robot Chicken one that was referenced on the Gilmore Guys Gabs episode with Milo and I really wanted to see it but didn’t know which episode it was on so I’m happy I finally got to see it

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 12-31-2021 at 12:46 PM
Old 01-01-2022, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Major kudos to that person who managed to scrounge up every reference out there! I knew of some of those references (loved the Younger one!) but there were a ton I didn't know about. LOL to the This Is Us one considering Milo is a main star.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'll have to watch that later when I have time. That's awesome that someone compiled that.
Old 01-10-2022, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

I remember some of those references from some shows, from before I was a GG fan.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

All of the ones pre-2010 would’ve flown right over my head. You should definitely check them out, Lindsay.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yes, I still need to do that. I'll try to remember to do that later after work. Or when I'm off tomorrow.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread