Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2020, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I'm all kinds of emotional right now, guys. This is my show. My happy place. My comfort. And to know how popular it still is 20 YEARS after it first aired just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Roswell, can we use your post as your testimonial and I can add it to our OP once we've gotten it up?
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I'm all kinds of emotional right now, guys. This is my show. My happy place. My comfort. And to know how popular it still is 20 YEARS after it first aired just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
I agree it does my heart good to know that 20 years later we are still crazy about Gilmore Girls. I love how it still is current.

So awesome I was posting and chatting about the 20th anniversary with friends and I found out my friend Amelie was actually an extra on the show when she lived in CA. She told me she filmed a scene when they filmed the college years. She said in the scene she was in a dance scene where they danced and sang in a circle and sang to some of the main cast at a soroiety party or something. She was telling me that it was her first acting job. She was so excited the show was a success!

I know the feeling of being happy the show is still talked about and popular. It's the same for me with Roswell we are celebrating 21 years today! I love how the show is stlll current and popular.

Quote:
Roswell, can we use your post as your testimonial and I can add it to our OP once we've gotten it up?
Of course you can! I would be honored!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

that’s really cool about your friend!

did she get to meet anyone from the cast?
Old 10-06-2020, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I know! I was freaking out and she loves Gilmore Girls so she was so happy the show was a huge success.

Yes she said she did meet some of the cast. In her scene she met Alexis and a few others. She said the whole cast was so nice and so down to earth. She can't remember what season it was. All she knows is that she was in a circle and danced and sang to them at a party she said she was either dressed as a cheerleader or wearing a blue shirt.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 10-06-2020, 09:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

that’s great that she had a good experience

maybe it was S7? where they had like a throwback party
Old 10-06-2020, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh maybe do you know what the name of the episode was?

I saw them film Knit People Knit when I was on the WB set tour it was awesome!
Old 10-06-2020, 09:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

I actually just looked it up right before I saw your question and it was season 7 episode 9 (oh wait that’s the episode that you said you saw being filmed) - 2002 themed throwback party

I want to do the WB Tour (was planning to go over Spring Break but then everything happened )

I’m in Northern California
Old 10-06-2020, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

No way maybe it was that scene. I need screen caps. That would be wild of I saw the set the same time she was filming the episode. We weren't even friends then.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

that would be crazy
Old 10-07-2020, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I'm emotional and I'm not even a mod on this board so I can't imagine how you must be feeling
It's still very much a big part of our lives and knowing this board is alive and strong, part of that is thanks to the mods here.

Congratulations
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Soooooo many thanks go to Summer Falls for the AWESOME OP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
I'm emotional and I'm not even a mod on this board so I can't imagine how you must be feeling
It's still very much a big part of our lives and knowing this board is alive and strong, part of that is thanks to the mods here.

Congratulations
Thank you so much! I'm still all weepy and I appreciate you popping in and joining our little celebration.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for updating the OP Jen

it looks amazing!

just a minor correction but can you add in “My relationship with” at the beginning of my testimonial? I think it maybe got cut off when it got copied

thanks!

and thank you Summer Falls for making all the art (banners and icons)

they are lovely
Old 10-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love all the anniversary stuff!

And thanks BlackSapphire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in stereo (View Post)
I just finished my rewatch last night. Perfect timing for this. Can't believe it's been 20 years.
I finished season 7 on Monday. It was totally unplanned when I started my rewatch. I was trying to watch all of the revival on Monday too, but I ended up only watching Winter and Spring. I watched Summer and Fall yesterday. My rewatch took me a little less than 6 weeks!

Thanks Summer Falls for our wonderful OP! I didn't realize it would be up today or I would have made sure our custom title went with it. I'll get on that and see if we can get them quickly.

Last edited by Lindsay; 10-07-2020 at 06:23 PM
Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Fixed it, Allison. My apologies I was rushing around trying to compile everyone's testimonials to send to Summer Falls and I guess I accidentally clipped that part off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I finished season 7 on Monday. It was totally unplanned when I started my rewatch. I was trying to watch all of the revival on Monday too, but I ended up only watching Winter and Spring. I watched Summer and Fall yesterday. My rewatch took me a little less than 6 weeks!
You're amazing! I unfortunately don't have that kind of time on my hands but I have an almost 3 week vacation coming up at the end of October and I will binge the series then.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

You are all.wecome guys happy 20th anniversary to GG one of the best shows