Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Doesn't matter how much he disappoints them, fails them... doesn't matter what crap he puts them through, they always forgive him and it's the one thing that has always bugged me about the Gilmore girls.
But that's how they are with people, with Chris, with Emily, with Richard... They may have anger towads them at one time, but their policy is always to put the past behind when it comes to that. Give people time to cool off, and move on to something else, or at least try to move. I say try because we all know that for Emily and Richard, Lorelai has always kept some anger towards, but she tries for them to be a family, whatever that means in the GG world.

Quote:
One was the way they just decided to make Chris into the victim.
IMO, it was a good way to end things, they were both responsible. No, they did not put all the guilt on Lorelai, no Chris was not THE victim. He admits his error: jumping on Lorelai at a time where she was vunerable, he realizes he should have known she did not enter the relationship willingly, but Lorelai admits it was her decision.Blaming it all on Chris would have assumed she's not capable of making her own decision, it would have implied that the only reason she dated Chris and married him was to get back at Luke. But no, it was only part of it, she actually thought she wanted to be with him. There's a part of her that really wanted the whole package. So, they're both responsible, like LL were both responsible for the situation they got themselves into. I agree with that.

As for Rory, she always sticks to her mother's sides. So yes, she likes seeing her parents together because it's a child's dream, but the main reason is that it's her mom's choice, so she respects it. And their break up being "gentle", her relationship with her father might continue positively, and maybe differently, since Chris will come back for her daughter and her mother whose a friend and not for a potential girlfriend/wife.

That's how I see things, hope I made myself clear enough!

Auré

"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence." Leopold Stokowski
gagasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

I'm sure you will all be glad to know that I made it through Chin-Chin's memorial without tearing up. I liked that there were all those dogs there.

Quote:
I think this was a great episode. Lorelai and Chris' split was handled well, particularly the last scene.
I wish one of them had at least suggested counseling. By the last scene it was clear that Chris knew there was no chance for them so it should have been done earlier, or Lorelai could have brought it up. She was still hanging on and trying to want him up until the end.

Quote:
The TA is good-looking, but... there's nothing really appealing about him yet.
I agree. I didn't see anything there. I did like the way Rory confessed her crush and to Logan it was not a big deal at all. He acted more maturely than I expected.

Quote:
Oh the thing that annoys me the most is that Logan is completely ok with this teacher thing even though Rory blantly came out and said she liked him but Marty (who had a girlfriend) is the guy he finds threatening?
Logan knows Marty liked Rory years ago, and Rory was being secretive about it. Not only is the TA Rory's teacher (and theoretically off-limits), Rory was upfront about her crush.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

So many great stuff, but there was one thing that I was totally not looking forward to and that was the scene where Rory would tell Logan about the TA thing, which turned out to be not so bad in the end if you ask me. Logan took it so well, and told her that he sometimes had the same thing about women, about finding them attractive, but that he never took action in doing stuff with them.. Total honesty is just one thing that I loved about that scene.. It so worked.. and that package that Logan send for Rory's last semester at Yale! So cute and sweet!!
Btw, TA totally looked like Chris in some shots.. That made me feel weird! lol

Michel and Chin chin.. So sad.. I knew that his dog would die but they totally made it work in this episode, because it reflected Lorelai's situation as well to some level if you ask me. And the scenes were quite funny, but you also felt sorry for Michel.. I loved that about those scenes..
I loved the scene where Lorelai and Sookie had no plans at all for the memorial thing.. Cute!
The memorial was sweet as well with the whole 'My heart will go on' tune.. Loved the focus on Lorelai at that moment, and Zach's reaction to playing that was great as well.

The waving scene between Luke and Lorelai.. Loved that!

Lorelai and chris.. I enjoyed their scenes.. Yes I admit, it may be because of their downfall but there is an understanding between them, and I didn't expect them when you just know that they'll end.. They both took blame for what happened between them and I think that was the most important thing of this whole marriage thing. That both Chris and Lorelai learned stuff.. and it was nice of Lorelai to admit that Chris has always been a possibility, because he has always been that for Lorelai, but she never honestly tried this possibility until now and it's not working.
I totally loved Sookie's question about if there wasn't a Luke in the picture, would Chris still be the guy?! Loved that!
Also the last scene totally worked, Chris and Lorelai did that scene very well.. In general I truly think that David Sutcliffe and Lauren Graham totally worked this episode and I'm glad that we got an explanation as to why Christopher never returned the calls. I'm glad it didn't end up in the whole 'What happened to that?' list that we already have of so many things Gilmore Girls concerned.

I also love Paris and her obsessions.. I love the whole planning thing, and bellydancing?! OMG! How I would love to see that! I also loved seeing Emily and Richard in the teaser, to see that Richard is doing a lot better.. And the hospital gossip was so funny to watch! LOL
I also loved all the Lorelai/Rory stuff.. It's nice that they're still honest, despite the fact that Chris is the subject. It shows how close they truly are. I liked that!

The promo for next week is also freakingly funny!! XD Can't wait!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
heartღaflutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennarose (View Post)
Logan knows Marty liked Rory years ago, and Rory was being secretive about it. Not only is the TA Rory's teacher (and theoretically off-limits), Rory was upfront about her crush.
If I remember correctly, he didn't know Marty had feelings for Rory, he knew he called her beautiful but that was it.

btw did anyone else notice Logan and Rory kissing sort of weird? They were kissing the cheek and not the lips.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_clo (View Post)
If I remember correctly, he didn't know Marty had feelings for Rory, he knew he called her beautiful but that was it.
Rory also told Logan that Marty liked her and still liked her. That's when she told him about the beautiful comment. Plus, I'm sure it was sort of obvious to Logan.

Quote:
See, Roxy, I didn't see this as a song for Lorelai remembering Luke...Maybe it's just me, but I didn't get that at all. Her realization at that point was that she was going to break the marriage up, and it was very obvious in the last scene that breaking up this marriage DID hurt her a lot. She's sad. And I think the "My Heart Will Go On" was more of a song signifying the end of C/L, rather than Lorelai's Luke issues (I think she made it clear that she had feelings for him with Sookie). It spoke as a eulogy almost...a sad Goodbye, My Pet, to Christopher and to Chin Chin. As for Christopher, I think MHWGO was a good choice...because it's an overplayed song that lost its meaning to me a long time ago. And surprisingly, it brought back a new meaning to me tonight with C/L's 'death'. Lorelai loves Christopher (and he loves her) but it's not enough...hence, this tribute. And it says..."I'll miss you, what we had (at some point..and 20+ years of fantasizing the dream) was special, and my heart will survive and go on"
That makes a lot more sense. I really didn't think the writers would want the audience to see Lorelai realizing she still has feelings for Luke during the song/funeral, and it didn't really make sense. Thanks. I have no idea why I didn't see that in the first place.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

So Sookie is my new favorite person!!!! lol. I'm so glad she said what she was feeling to Lorelai.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Absolute Fan

This episode was just so anticlimactic, to me anyway.

I've always imagined that when/if Lorelai ever actually got to buckle down and tie the knot, she would A) finally find her happy comfort zone and B) stick it out. Even through her regularly flimsy panic attacks and emotional turmoils. So, to me, this was not bittersweet--it was simply bitter. Just because I hated seeing Lorelai so despondent (again), seeing her so lost (again) and seeing her give up something really great (again). See a pattern?

Was he there for her in the ways that she professed to need someone? Yes. Did she love him? Yes. This is really all I need to weigh my options with who I think Lorelai should be with, Christopher or not. The writers really need to stop writing her charachter like some wishy washy, 16 year old floozy. They made her do the same thing with Luke during the last season's finale just with different context. They have a habit of always building her charachter up throughout most of/the whole season and then knocking it back down to this sad little nothing. Not only is it getting stale but it's begining to border on irritating. Luckily though, Lauren Graham is a bona fide gem and turns anything into pure awesome, so.

Rory and Logan? So far, really good. I like that Logan is acting so calm and mature about her "crush" and I like that Rory told him about any feelings she might be having straight away. Lorelai should take notes. Although I don't know about this TA person...

Michel and Suki? Still completely priceless.

Best part? The Chris/Lor swan song. Only because of --again, hello-- Lauren Graham. She owned that scene. And so did David. They both really ratched up thier acting chops and it was just magnificent to watch. Not hear.
mona.
IndieBoy<3Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Was he there for her in the ways that she professed to need someone? Yes.
Not to offend, but I'm pretty sure she said, more than once, that he wasn't there for her when she needed him in the hospital.

And even if she DIDN'T need him, let's say, to wake up to in the morning (ep 7.12), I'm pretty sure waking up in bed to nobody makes someone feel pretty ****ty about the person they just married. And I have a feeling she had to deal with that twice or three more times AFTER he showed up at the hospital-since he left abruptly to go wherever he went to 'get his space'...for two days-and ignoring her calls, again. I think I'd have a big issue with staying married to someone who was like that.
MickeyJr3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Passionate Fan

1) The Chris and Lorelai breakup has plenty of blame to throw around. And I guess you can say at least the breakup was clean. Especially since I don't see Lorelai being predatory enough to take a stab at his money.

But I'll lay most of it on Chris and his insecurities. The biggest issue was him pressing the matter and forcing things to a head. Whereas with time things could've blown over. But he's always been a "now now" person without patience.

Of course given that they exploded the marriage practically the moment it started still makes me wonder why they bothered with it in the first place. I can't help but feel they've needlessly wasted my time.

But hey. At least it opens the door for Lorelai to make up with and return to Digger.

2) The TA is a Ph'd? Wouldn't he at least be a guest lecturer? Possible he got his ph'd but still has a few graduate credits to finish up for his MA I guess.

3) Rory being honest and upfront with Logan seems very much out of the norm not only from her history but that of her mother. Perhaps she's learned something?

4) I don't think Rory is exactly taking sides. When her mom refused to tell Chris about the letter she saw the gigantic neon signs screaming "danger! danger!"

If pressed Rory would of course take her mothers side. But since she isn't she can at least take solace that the breakup thus far is civil.

We also of course have the problem that all Rory/Chris interaction happens off camera. Hell. I was shocked two episodes ago that Gigi even recognized Rory.

And you know who I would've loved to see again? Rory's other grandmother, Chris' mom.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:43 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Was he there for her in the ways that she professed to need someone? Yes.
Uh. No.
Not completely at least. She couldn’t count on him when she needed him the most. He had been missing from home for days just because of a fight. That’s pretty big to overcome.

Quote:
Did she love him?
Not enough. As Sookie made her realize he’s not The One. If there were no Luke in the picture he still wouldn’t be The One. Ironically enough if there were no Luke in her past or in the picture she probably wouldn’t be married to Chris right now.
I remember DRS saying in one of his interviews at the beginning of the season that what was going to happen between C/L was a reaction of Lorelai to what had happened with Luke. This seems exactly what has happened so far and it kind of leads me to believe that If Luke hadn’t made her doubt his feelings for her last year, she wouldn’t have ‘jumped’ (with Chris) at all ever. Chris became an option only because Luke wasn't anymore.
Lorelai has been answering ‘No’ to Chris for 20 years (as he wisely pointed out) and even when she finally said ‘Yes’ she was full of doubts and needed a push. There’s gotta be a reason for that. It wasn’t just a timing issue the reason why they’ve never been together before imo. I for once always got the impression that there was more to that than what it met the eyes. At least on Lorelai’s part. She always gave me the impression of not feeling that Chris was the one she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. Sure she loved/loves him as you love your first love, a childhood friend and the father of your daughter, but did she ever really love him as the man she wants to spend the rest of life with? As far as I remember Lorelai has always had doubts about her and Chris. She always considered him as a possibility for her, as a childhood fantasy that maybe one day could’ve become an adult reality, sure, but after she got together with Luke it seemed pretty clear to me where her heart really was. Who, among these two men, was just a possibility for her and Who was a certainty. She loves them both. Just in a different way. Chris is her first love, her childhood friend, Rory’s father. Luke is her adult grown up love. The One.
I for once fully expected this out-come.

Now about the song:

Quote:
It seemed like Lorelai finally realized she wasn't over Luke during "My Heart Will Go On."
Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't get that at all. Her realization at that point was that she was going to break the marriage up, and it was very obvious in the last scene that breaking up this marriage DID hurt her a lot. She's sad. And I think the "My Heart Will Go On" was more of a song signifying the end of C/L, rather than Lorelai's Luke issues (I think she made it clear that she had feelings for him with Sookie). It spoke as a eulogy almost...a sad Goodbye, My Pet, to Christopher and to Chin Chin. As for Christopher, I think MHWGO was a good choice...because it's an overplayed song that lost its meaning to me a long time ago. And surprisingly, it brought back a new meaning to me tonight with C/L's 'death'. Lorelai loves Christopher (and he loves her) but it's not enough...hence, this tribute. And it says..."I'll miss you, what we had (at some point..and 20+ years of fantasizing the dream) was special, and my heart will survive and go on"
I personally think that it was a mix of the both.
Yeah, Lorelai had already sort of admitted her feelings for Luke when she was with Sookie, but I think she was still dismissing their importance. She was still thinking that she could’ve cut Luke out of her life and saved her marriage with Chris. Everything changed after she saw Luke through the diner's window. You can see it in her eyes. While she’s listening to MHWGO it seems like she’s finally realizing that she can’t cut Luke out of her life. She doesn’t want to. She's realizing that Chris is right about her and Luke just as Sookie is right about her and Chris. He’s not The One and he wouldn’t be even if there was no Luke so she's got to end her marriage. The song was about all of that imo. The fact that her heart was still with Luke despite ‘the distance and the spaces between them’ as the song says; the fact that she had to say goodbye to Chris no matter how hard it was (just as Michel had to say goodbye to Chin Chin); the fact that her heart was ready to let go of the fantasy and move on.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:59 AM
Extreme Fan

I loved how the Chris/Lorelai relationship came to an end. She does want to want him. That's how it's always been. Part of her wants to have the perfect life her mother wanted her to have. Rich man, childhood friends, child together. But her heart wants Luke.

Also loved Sookie's "If there was no Luke, would it be Christopher?" And her face and heart said no.

Rory's TA - yum! Her crush was adorable.

I didn't like the marriage of C/L, but it was needed. If not, there always would have been that "What if I could have made it work with the father of my child?" question, not to mention Luke would have always wondered about it. She knows now. She tried, she wanted to, but she's just not in love with Christopher. There was no "Christopher is evil and mean and abuses Lorelai emotionally" or "Lorelai is a total bitch who cheats on her husband". They grew up, realized that they gave it a chance, it didn't work so you do what you do, you move on.

The song for me, represented that Lorelai knew her heart HADEN'T moved on. It was still Luke. She tried to make it with Chris (gotta give her that, the girl tried).

And I agree that Lorelai sleeping with and marrying Chris was in direct response to Luke. There was this guy, who despite his faults, was ready to jump at the chance of marrying her. She messed up, she made a mistake (which we saw already at the end of the wedding episode) and she tried to take the consequenses and responsibility, but it wasen't enough.

Loved this episode.

writer/muse soulmates
- Linn - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Linn -
If not, there always would have been that "What if I could have made it work with the father of my child?" question, not to mention Luke would have always wondered about it. She knows now. She tried, she wanted to, but she's just not in love with Christopher. There was no "Christopher is evil and mean and abuses Lorelai emotionally" or "Lorelai is a total bitch who cheats on her husband". They grew up, realized that they gave it a chance, it didn't work so you do what you do, you move on.
This, I kind of agree with. The only silver lining I'm seeing here is that now she'll stop being so doubtful and quit second guessing every relationship she's been in. She gave it a try (albeit not the best try) and struck out. If I hear her saying one more thing about wanting Christopher I'm going to have an aneurysm.

I do, however, still hold to the fact that Lorelai's character has been, more or less, somewhat childish throughout all her serious romantic ordeals. I stopped shipping Lorelai/anyone (I was a hardcore LL fan and I've never shipped CL) after the last season's finale. It made me stomp my legs and scream alot because this character just couldn’t get it together--even with the one person that seemed to be almost completely perfect. I just ship happy, grown up Lorelai now. I don’t even care if they pair her up with Taylor <shudders> is she finally there? Yeah? Well then, right-o.

Chris had his flaws and made his mistakes as did Luke, but when you're old enough and when you want something bad enough, you have to try and work through that stuff because there's a bigger picture in sight. Loreali seems to see the bigger picture and tries to battle it out through every relationship and then when it reaches it's climax, she falls short.

Lorelai isn’t some dazed and confused adolescent--yet, for some reason or another, she's always written this way. She should’ve known what she was doing when she agreed to marry someone. It wasn’t supposed to be like something you decide to do in Vegas over a dozen jello-shots. The same applies to LL's downfall. She took off, without a minute's notice, and slept with Christopher. Which is why I get her reason behind not being so mad about Chris leaving her that night so abruptly--Didn’t she do the same thing to Luke? At the very least, he didn’t break it off right then and there and he didn’t sleep with someone else at first whim.

I just no longer find the sensibly constipated, emotionally juvenile Lorelai amusing anymore. Really, it's like she's constantly jumping without expecting ground. By now it's just trite, trite, so trite I don’t know how to quantify it's triteness.
mona.
IndieBoy<3Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the ep also probably one of the best of the season but it took way too long to get to this point and now we have just 8 eps left in the season.

Lauren's acting was outstanding and she came trough I just hope we can move one and have a happy Lorelai again.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennarose (View Post)
I don't know if I can handle this. This episode breaks one of my rules. I do not read books or watch TV shows/movies where an animal dies. You would not believe the trouble I had with Cinnamon's Wake.
You don't read such books? How do you know if an animal dies in a book? So did you watch the ep? - Ok, just read you did. Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auré
I say try because we all know that for Emily and Richard, Lorelai has always kept some anger towards,

I think the episode was meh. I can't understand how they waste Kelly and Ed on such small appearances. I liked the teaser, but it wasn't enough. Why not one scene just for the two of them? DR really seems to have a problem with that.

The last scene was well acted, but I couldn't really feel for them, because of the 14 eps we needed to get through with that crap. Finally they said what we knew since the beginning. Lauren did a great job, but I was there sitting, thinking why can't she get such a scene with Emily? Why can't she tell her deep down she wants to please her, but knows she can't. At least that would be a topic GG was about all those years - their relationship and Kelly and Lauren would rock it.

Paris being concerned about Rory was nice.

Promo looks just great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja
I can't help but feel they've needlessly wasted my time.

Quote:
And you know who I would've loved to see again? Rory's other grandmother, Chris' mom.
Bringing back Francine would've been a great sl. As in did she really agree with Straub? Would she try to get to know Rory? Would that cause issues with Emily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorbaby
Ironically enough if there were no Luke in her past or in the picture she probably wouldn’t be married to Chris right now.
I remember DRS saying in one of his interviews at the beginning of the season that what was going to happen between C/L was a reaction of Lorelai to what had happened with Luke. This seems exactly what has happened so far and it kind of leads me to believe that If Luke hadn’t made her doubt his feelings for her last year, she wouldn’t have ‘jumped’ (with Chris) at all ever. Chris became an option only because Luke wasn't anymore.
Lorelai has been answering ‘No’ to Chris for 20 years (as he wisely pointed out) and even when she finally said ‘Yes’ she was full of doubts and needed a push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indieboy
She took off, without a minute's notice, and slept with Christopher. Which is why I get her reason behind not being so mad about Chris leaving her that night so abruptly--Didn’t she do the same thing to Luke? At the very least, he didn’t break it off right then and there and he didn’t sleep with someone else at first whim.
Well, Chris didn't ask her to marry him and she wouldn't say yes, but start talking lets say about Sherry. Believe me, I hated what Lorelai did in 622 and how hysteric she was and everything, but I don't think you can compare her walking away from Luke with Chris walking away from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer
it took way too long to get to this point and now we have just 8 eps left in the season.
I'll never understand that - and no, 13 couldn't end this way, they had to add one ep more to his already too long ep contract.

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:41 AM
Master Fan

I like the scene where lorelai was outside Luke's window and they saw each other... and when christopher and lorelai talked about their relationship. I really can't wait to watch the upcoming episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply   Post New Thread