Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2021, 01:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Anti-Emily Gilmore Thread #1

I'll probably make enemies, but Emily is my second hate character after Christopher. There are a few moments of Emily that I really like, and yes, she's often funny, but primarily she's selfish, manipulative, opinionated, and abusive towards her daughter. The more I watch GG, the worse I find Emily's behavior. She treats Lorelai like dirt and makes it clear to her again and again that she is worthless, it is so terribly sad to watch. Lorelai has her quirks, no question about it, but Emily doesn't deserve that Lorelai keeps approaching her and whenever it seems like they can finally have a relationship, Emily becomes nasty again and treats Lorelai like rubbish. She blames Lorelai for everything - if I were Lorelai, I would have broken off contact at the latest after Emily destroyed the relationship between Luke and Lorelai.
BellaBellisario
Semperance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Anti-Emily Gilmore Thread #1

Please feel free to post your grievances towards Emily Gilmore here.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 01:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the thread, just I think I'm the only one here who doesn't like Emily, otherwise there would have probably been an anti Emily thread in the past.
BellaBellisario
Old 12-30-2021, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

I have my ups and downs of disliking and liking Emily.

The thing I hate most about her, is how she always tried to shove Lorelai and Chris together, completely ignoring the fact he is a deadbeat dad and was never there for Rory and Lorelai. Meanwhile she treats Luke like crap. Luke who has always been there for Lorelai and Rory. And all for her class and the idea that the mother and father of a child needs to be together, because "it's the right thing to do."

Chris will never be half the person Luke is and I hate that Emily either didn't see that or did but chose to ignore it.

I also hate how she is obsessed with Logan. Like in the episode when she invites him to dinner. Barf. Again, it's the same as the Chris obsession. It's because of their class and the family they are from. So gross.
onebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:22 PM
Addicted Fan

@onebreath

Emily only has one point of view and that is her status and that is what makes her so obnoxious. She wants to impose her world on everyone in her environment, whether the others want it or not and that is the same with Logan, because he comes from her world, he is the perfect man for Rory, it was also horrible that she wanted so badly that Rory is marrying him. Same with Chris, he's from her world, so he's perfect for Lorelai, but she doesn't care what Lorelai feels. Worst of all, however, I still find the fact that she treats her own child so cruelly. I have 2 children of my own and have a very loving relationship with them, my parents were also very loving and supportive and therefore I probably have even less understanding for her way of dealing with her child. It is sad to see how Lorelai often suffers from her mother's words. By the way, I find the dinner you mention, where she invites Logan, terrible, I don't like this episode at all, because her behavior towards Lorelai is cruel and only because Lorelai refused to come to her after she broke up LL. Unfortunately, Emily doesn't see any mistakes either, she always says she only does this because it's best, but I don't believe her, because how often do other people have to tell her that this is not the best for them? And I can understand that Lorelai left then - if her life with Emily always looked like this, escaping was the only way. It's a shame that Emily never understood that, instead she blackmailed her child so that she could see it regularly.
BellaBellisario
Reply   Post New Thread