Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2006, 05:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I liked the episode very much.
For the whole "moving out" thing about Rory I didn't think Chris was crossing a line. When I moved out from my parents place I didn't take all of things with me since I didn't have room for it at my own place. But if my parents wanted to do something with my childhood bedroom then I would agree to let them change it. Since I'm not living with them anymore they can do whatever they want to the room. And because of that they shouldn't ask for my permission to do it.

I still visit them on a weekly basis and I still have a room where I can sleep if I want.
Linda_Hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:42 AM
New Fan

Hi All,

I liked the episode, I can feel it building up to something... But the first thing that stood out was Chris living with Lorelai. I mean I know its natural for them to live together since theyre married, but its totally wrong!!! Especially considering the fact that Luke was the one that fixed up the house for them to live in, and now Chris is there in his place .

BTW, Paul Anka is MIA...

I liked the interaction b/n Lorelai and Luke, it was sooooooo natural, I think they got it exactly right, he was so freaked out, he knew that the only person that could help him was Lorelai no matter what their personal situation was, and Lorelai of course helped, and made no big deal out of it, because April's health was the most important thing at the time. But the emotion was apparent in the hospital, and it was soooooo sad, because they were talking normally, then he had to see the ring

And I'm still trying to figure out the movie and its significance... I'm not sure what the message is, that she finally went through the marriage, just like she had originally planned to get married 2 years ago... or that she will eventually marry Luke as originally planned... I hope it is the latter, because I"m starting to hate Chris... even though I didnt mind their relationship that much before this epsode.

Here's to hope for bigger and better things to come!! (the only way is up, it has to be!!)
kouky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:01 AM
New Fan

I just read more of the thread, and now get the reference to the movie (havent seen the movie)... I'm sorry if i've just repeated what others have said...
kouky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouky (View Post)
And I'm still trying to figure out the movie and its significance... I'm not sure what the message is, that she finally went through the marriage, just like she had originally planned to get married 2 years ago... or that she will eventually marry Luke as originally planned... I hope it is the latter, because I"m starting to hate Chris... even though I didnt mind their relationship that much before this epsode.
Considering that Dexter (the lead man) of the movie was left by the love of his life (Tracy) because he didn't treat her right; considering that Tracy tried hard to move on with her life and got seriously involved with another man who loved her very much; considering that Dexter realized how wrong he had been and fought to get her back making her realize that she still loved him and not her current love interest, I believe the story was/is supposed to be an anvil.
Luke is Dexter (minus the rich part lol). He lost his love because of his neglecting behaviour. Now he finally realizes that. He realizes that it could've gone differently, that he still loves her and should prove her that.
That's how I saw it at least.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouky (View Post)
I liked the episode, I can feel it building up to something... But the first thing that stood out was Chris living with Lorelai. I mean I know its natural for them to live together since theyre married, but its totally wrong!!! Especially considering the fact that Luke was the one that fixed up the house for them to live in, and now Chris is there in his place .
It sucks for Luke, but they broke up. If Luke were a different person, he could try to sue to recoup some of the money from the renovations (assuming he invested a lot into it), but that's not going to happen.

There's not much for Chris and Lorelai to do. They could move, but last season we saw that Lorelai doesnt want to give up her house. I don't think that has suddenly changed just because she married Chris.

I think we'll see some challenges arise from Lorelai having to live with Chris. This is a huge adjustment. We saw a little bit of that in this episode, with Chris wanting to have plasmas and Lorelai wanting to keep things as they are.

Gooey- That's a good point about having to watch Lorelai and Chris raise a child together -- what she didn't get. But I think since, as you said, she's sort of accepted that Chris didn't have a huge role in her life, she'll accept Lorelai/Chris raising Gigi. It could hurt a little, but she's probably moved on from that after accepting that Chris wouldn't be there much in her life. It would be interesting if we saw Rory hurt from seeing that and seeing that explored. I kind of doubt we will though.

Quote:
Considering that Dexter (the lead man) of the movie was left by the love of his life (Tracy) because he didn't treat her right; considering that Tracy tried hard to move on with her life and got seriously involved with another man who loved her very much; considering that Dexter realized how wrong he had been and fought to get her back making her realize that she still loved him and not her current love interest, I believe the story was/is supposed to be an anvil.
Luke is Dexter (minus the rich part lol). He lost his love because of his neglecting behaviour. Now he finally realizes that. He realizes that it could've gone differently, that he still loves her and should prove her that.
That's how I saw it at least.
Thanks for explaining that. I didn't know what the movie was or what it was about but knew there had to be some sort of parallel for the show to focus on it for a minute. That explanation makes a lot of sense.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja (View Post)

11) Lorelai showing up for Luke was nice. Particularly since April was her almost step-daughter. But now that she's married she can't make a habit of it. She should've learned from when she was with Luke that spending too much time with the ex is a bad idea. At least if you value the relationship you are currently in.
thats cause seh doesn't value chris...he's just a reason to be married...if she really loved him or wanted him she would have married him ages ago...can you say plot contrivance
Old 11-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I loved the entire episode and really became a fan of DR writing style. Everything made sense and was perfect. Well, Luke calling April sweet was un-Luke, but also show us how his child is making him (as Rory said in season 1) "soft".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlueGirl7 (View Post)
Gooey- That's a good point about having to watch Lorelai and Chris raise a child together -- what she didn't get. But I think since, as you said, she's sort of accepted that Chris didn't have a huge role in her life, she'll accept Lorelai/Chris raising Gigi. It could hurt a little, but she's probably moved on from that after accepting that Chris wouldn't be there much in her life. It would be interesting if we saw Rory hurt from seeing that and seeing that explored. I kind of doubt we will though.
Hm, maybe Rory moved on from her past hurt by Christopher absence during her childhood, but shouldn't his parental instinct make him more tactful to not hurt her even more now?

I’m not a Christopher hater, and I get that LC need to make room for Gigi and also that Rory is a grown up person and that she has been living somewhere else. But if she spent the last summer there and still brings friends (like Olivia and Lucy in French Twist), that means Rory still feels the CS like her home. And it’s sad to see that, at least her father, is so blinded to her feelings and apparently doesn't value that much her presence in this new nuclear family.

And it's ok that he can't build a new room or buy a new house in 24 hours...though, isn't Gigi still in France for some time? So there wasn't need to rush to clean Rory's room either.

That said, I found really interesting how, in a subtle way, DR is showing us the bad consequences of Lorelai and Luke choices from last season: now Luke became like that lonely bear he saw at TV (before he changed to the movie) while Lorelai is married to the other guy. And Lorelai’s dream about “whole package” became true: she’s married to the father of her child, is living at the house she loves and where she and Chris can get a chance to raise a child together (Gigi), but ironically this same house (and by extension this whole family) doesn’t have a room for her own child.
gilmorebrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And Lorelai’s dream about “whole package” became true: she’s married to the father of her child, is living at the house she loves and where she and Chris can get a chance to raise a child together (Gigi), but ironically this same house (and by extension this whole family) doesn’t have a room for her own child.
Well said gilmorebrazil. And the sooner Lorelai cottons onto this the better. The fact that Lorelai will in all actuality be raising a child with Chris (a child that isn't her own) when he was AWOL for all of Rory's childhood does not sit well with me at all.
Gooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Finally I've time to comment that ep.

I'm really not sure what to think of this ep. I like R/L in fact I like Logan more and more (how sweet was he, saying Rory doesn't have to stay when she needs time to process) and I like that they're able to sort things out. And even though Rory decided she can't stay he accepted it. No big deal.

April/Luke - it disturbed me that their mouth barely moved when talking - at least the first scene - anyone else noticed this? Other than that it was ok.

I hate Chris. When he wanted to change Rory's room into Gigi's I so wanted Lorelai to put the lamp back in the end and was glad she did it. Only to be disappointed that she removed it in the end - WTF?!?! If my parents would change my room in my absence I'd hate it.

So Rory is glad? I don't know. Maybe she is, but that she forgets about Luke so fast sucks.

Why did noone bring E/R into play (other than that it's Chris fault E/L don't have a good relationship). Usually Rory would've commented it saying, when will you tell grandma. Remember Max?

LL - that scene was over way too fast. In fact I thought that a lot of scenes ended abruptly.
I think the LL scene was odd - even before he noticed the ring. And Luke was freaking out with April so it was ok for me that he called Lorelai - someone he knows raised a girl. And Lorelai jumping right in was ok for me too. I liked that she showed up at the hospital. She was there for him, like he was for her in F&S - of course it went downhill from there, with the ring.

Avi by Valerie
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top