Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2021, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

Superman & Lois Episode Discussion - 1x10: O Mother, Where Art Thou? [Airs June 15, 2021]

Superman & Lois
Episode Discussion
1x10: O Mother, Where Art Thou?

Air Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 @ 9:00 PM Eastern

Lana reaches out to Lois and Clark when Kyle starts behaving strangely;
Jonathan opens up to Jordan;
Sarah storms out after accusing her mum of always covering for her dad.

| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 06-13-2021, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Seems like the war is starting!
Old 06-16-2021, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This was a very great episode!

The backstory to Kal-el brother, Tal-Ro was very interesting and something I didn't expect. Unlike Clark, his upbringing was darkness and you can clearly see in the flashbacks why he became what he became.

I love Jonathan telling Sarah the truth since Sarah was clueless on everything and um... she can't be disrespecting her parents that way, I don't care how upset she is. Lana as a mother was way too calm for her daughter picking up the keys and leaving as well, I was like WHAT THE ******** is this??? lol So no...

I will say that it seems Jonathan is holding a lot of pain inside and I just hope it doesn't get unleashed at the wrong time.

I liked the Jordan and Sarah stuff in this episode and I actually liked Jordan... I notice I enjoy him more when we don't see his every day teen angst.

I love how direct Jonathan is to Sam Lane and how Sam does soften up to him as well. Great to watch.

It's so weird to see Superman without some type of voice device changer or something. lol I know in the past it's worked but it seems the audience is way more smarter now so Superman should have a voice changer for people he knows or something. I loved Lana reaction to seeing Superman for the first time!

Lara (Superman's mother)! Emmanuel did an amazing job portraying her. I loved everything with her that we watched. I loved Clark telling her that he had a great mother on earth who loved him, Martha.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea Lana did a great job at portraying superman's mother. I loved those scenes the best

I agree I like that Jonathan isnt scared to stand up to Sam and is very direct with him. im really enjoying that relationship.

so is everyone's minds' now erased from the time they had the x-k in their systems? I hope Lana doesnt know clark's secret now that she has Lara's memories in her head. or that Kyle tried to kill the clark family
Old 06-18-2021, 09:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
This was a very great episode!

The backstory to Kal-el brother, Tal-Ro was very interesting and something I didn't expect. Unlike Clark, his upbringing was darkness and you can clearly see in the flashbacks why he became what he became.

I love Jonathan telling Sarah the truth since Sarah was clueless on everything and um... she can't be disrespecting her parents that way, I don't care how upset she is. Lana as a mother was way too calm for her daughter picking up the keys and leaving as well, I was like WHAT THE ******** is this??? lol So no...

I will say that it seems Jonathan is holding a lot of pain inside and I just hope it doesn't get unleashed at the wrong time.

I liked the Jordan and Sarah stuff in this episode and I actually liked Jordan... I notice I enjoy him more when we don't see his every day teen angst.

I love how direct Jonathan is to Sam Lane and how Sam does soften up to him as well. Great to watch.

It's so weird to see Superman without some type of voice device changer or something. lol I know in the past it's worked but it seems the audience is way more smarter now so Superman should have a voice changer for people he knows or something. I loved Lana reaction to seeing Superman for the first time!

Lara (Superman's mother)! Emmanuel did an amazing job portraying her. I loved everything with her that we watched. I loved Clark telling her that he had a great mother on earth who loved him, Martha.
I wish the show would dial it back on the kids disrespecting their parents. They are pushing too close to my tolerance level. It's worked wonders with Jordan in the last few episodes. I'm not wholly for Jon's interactions with his grandfather. Sam may have been wrong for keeping his 7734 project but he wasn't wholly wrong for being prepared because look where they are right now. I understand Sam's position, he's problem was keeping Clark in the dark. I think Clark c/would have understood though Lois was never going to like the idea no matter what because she has a strained relationship with Sam.

They should have spent a few more minutes dealing with Jon's revelation of what he saw in that video. I don't like that it was buried underneath so much plot.

I love Clark talking with his mother but I hate that it happened the way it did, using Lana. That way to icky for me.

I have a feeling Tal Rho is going to be a one and done type of villain after S1 and honestly, I kind of want him to stick around to see Clark having to deal with a sibling. Clark and Kara can't really be on the show at the same time always as they are they are very similar being heroes in their own right so there's not a lot of dramatic narrative to be mined in that relationship but with a brother that was so very different to Clark, I want to see that dynamic but sadly Edge is likely going to be put down at the end of the season for his very extremest view of humans and diabolical plans for earth. It's such a missed opportunity but I might be in the minority here because people are so used to having Clark as an only child for nearly his entire history of existence except for a handful of comics from the silver age that toyed with giving Clark a brother for fun.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Tal-Ro's story is totally believable. What I don't get is how a mother would choose one son over another without as much as speaking to them
Old 06-18-2021, 02:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Tal-Ro's story is totally believable. What I don't get is how a mother would choose one son over another without as much as speaking to them
Yeah I can't imagine her doing that unless Zeta-Rho went through the birth process for Tal AFTER Lara left him for Jor-El. Maybe she didn't know she had another son running around somewhere with Kal being a natural birth from a love match. From her short scene with Clark, she didn't strike me as the kind of person to abandon her son. It's very possible Tal "Edge" knew about his mother and she had no inkling of his existence, which sounds terrible. I can see why someone (probably Zeta-Rho) stealing her sun stone from the El's before they could ship Kal off to earth.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

in that case, she just found out she has another son. Wouldn't she want to meet him? I would.
Old 06-28-2021, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I actually thought about that as well! If Tal was a surprise for her, she certainly didn't behave that way. I found it so weird that Clark never knew about that, and that his mother would do that.

Jonathan seems like he is going to blow up at some point. He seems so angry and frustrated all the time, and by telling Sarah the truth, he rebelled against everyone basically.
Old 06-29-2021, 11:31 AM
Extreme Fan

There's something fishy abaut Tal. I believe he truly believes he's the son of Lar Lor-Van but perhaps she didn't know he existed until Clark mentioned. Clark is Kryton's first natural birth in what's considered centuries of birthing matrices. Zeta-Rho could have created Tal with Lara's knowledge.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, Lara didn't struck me as a person who would abandon their child, no matter what is the method of the birth. I don't know much about the lore of how kryptonians are born though I could believe that she had no knowledge of Tal.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:36 AM
Extreme Fan

The SYFY show, Krypton gives you a pretty good idea of how Kryptonian babies are made. The Man of Steel movie is another. They are basically test tube babies born out of arranged marriages. Natural birth has long since been phased out of society. They determine the role each child will play in society to the furthering of Krypton society's excellence. Obviously there's down sides to this as it allowed them to become complacent. Normally Jor-El is the one that discovers that Krypton's doomed to destruction from its red sun dying and warns the government. They basically brand him a hack and disregard all of his warnings so they never evacuate the planet in time. He only manages to put his son in a prototype spaceship small enough to evade detection from the authorities who've made space travel illegal in some canon.

Lara's role varies significantly in history. Many times she's nothing more than just a "house wife", other times, she's been a commander in the security guild (Jor-El is always science guild) and on rare occasions she's also a scientist. This show is the most fleshed out she's ever been except maybe in N52 where she was in the security guild, if memory serves me correct. She doesn't really do much.

It's a problem of the era the stories were written, women didn't have a lot of commanding roles which makes Lois lane such an awesome character because she was breaking down these rather sexist ideals from the very beginning in 1938. She's still the same fiery, high moral-ed, career driven person conceived by Superman's creators way back when. It's earned her a lot of hate from some quarters for years (to the point of being written horrifically by some due to rampant misogyny) but I'm glad someone like her exists in fiction. She's survived the worst of the worst and has come out stronger in the 21st century.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Okay, thanks for that! Makes a lot of sense. I've actually been eyeing the Krypton series, whether to watch it or not. Sounds like a very practical planet, which necessarily isn't a good thing.

Well I am glad this show is doing a good job with Lara. I thought it was a great twist that she actually build the machine and was the only one who could help them.

Even with not being a super fan of Superman, I've always known Lois Lane. She is an icon!
Old 07-01-2021, 09:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Kal-El is all natural btw, conception and birth. The last one born on Krypton before its destruction.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:09 AM
Elite Fan

Interesting. Is that part of why he is so compassionate and loving? Because he was born out of love?