Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2021, 11:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Honestly, I hope not. I'm still weirded out by Clark's mom inside Clark maybe ex-girlfriend.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

It was a bit weird, but their relationship was a long time ago, and it was a way to show us what of strong and brave character Lana is.
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 07-01-2021, 06:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes, the relationship was over long ago, I don't think they even got past having crushes on one another because Clark left Smallville soon after learning about her and Kyle. Maybe I'm a little hung over from Smallville the show and that Clark wasn't in his early 40s like this one so everything seems very fresh in comparison.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Happy Lana is such a great thing to see! After all the hardship she has gone through this season, I loved seeing her happy with Kyle in her own kitchen
Old 07-23-2021, 03:23 AM
Extreme Fan

This show is doing the impossible, it's making me actually like Lana. I have struggled with her character in almost every live action adaptation for decades. This last episode, I was squarely on her side with that awful mayor. When she gave that speech to Lois about giving her life to Smallville, I understood that because it's how I see the (comic, not live action) character compared to Clark who chose to leave. I could sympathise with that disappointment after giving your whole life to something and have it ungratefully thrown back in your face. It is so not fair.

I hope she runs for mayor and wins. That man is horrible for this town, he needs to be ousted before Smallville falls even deeper into a depression. She's the perfect person to step in, her and Kyle's dedication to fixing this small town needs to be rewarded eventually. Edge was just a horrible mistake they got unwittingly caught up in during his world domination plot. They shouldn't be punished for it.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope she runs for mayor and wins. That man is horrible for this town, he needs to be ousted before Smallville falls even deeper into a depression. She's the perfect person to step in, her and Kyle's dedication to fixing this small town needs to be rewarded eventually. Edge was just a horrible mistake they got unwittingly caught up in during his world domination plot. They shouldn't be punished for it.
I haven't even thought about that! But it would be perfect! I would love to see Lana taking the mantle of mayor
Old 07-31-2021, 10:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really like the idea of Lana (possibly) becoming mayor! And I'm really appreciating the Lana and Lois friendship they've built so far. Very refreshing.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

I love their friendship! I am so sure that Lana will take on the town, and Lois will cheer her on and help her the best she can
Old 08-08-2021, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope so too
Old 08-09-2021, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

Lana would be so good for the city I am pretty sure there will be some big changes for the Cushings coming up.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I would love to see how close her friendship with Clark was in the past.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 08-15-2021, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

She is so beautiful! I loved the talk between her and Clark. I wish we would see more of their friendship. Clark did call her his best friend.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pempees (View Post)
She is so beautiful! I loved the talk between her and Clark. I wish we would see more of their friendship. Clark did call her his best friend.
I have to admit, I have a bit of a hard time fully buying into that "best friend" label at this point. "Oldest friend" I think would have made more sense for him to say. I suppose they may have spent time off-screen, but unfortunately there actually haven't been many Clark and Lana scenes that we've gotten to see, although I like the idea of them being close friends very much. I do hope we get some more scenes between them going forward, it's nice to see them being supportive of each other. It's pretty much the type of friendship I always wished Clark and Lana on the TV show Smallville could/would have developed (but didn't).
Old 08-16-2021, 02:27 AM
Extreme Fan

The show Smallville did these two a great disservice.

"Oldest" friend makes more sense if there's no offscreen scenes they've shared since Clark's return to Smallville, I agree. I think this is the second meaningful scene together since the second or third episode if we don't count Lana as Lara Lor-Van.