Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

their first kiss is going to be so cute with their height difference, unless they're sitting
Old 10-16-2021, 04:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
I always found the Colin of the books, as a playful jokester who likes to have fun and a good laugh. But is still a kind and loving person. I was disappointed that they didn't have more of the sibling closeness of Daphne and Colin in the first season.

You know from what I remember out of all the pairings in the books. I think Colin and Pen are the only ones (I could be wrong here) that grow together over several books. And not just their own story.
Agree. I started the series unspoiled and after watching it I was so Polin obsessed that I read the 6th books (I've heard that Gregory and Haycint are the best books but I feel unconnected with their story)

My key point with their story is:
1st. they are the only couple that are shown in every book, not as a lovers but mentioned anyway, and that makes you like them more book after book.
2nd. the thing I don't like about the books, but I kind of understand because they are easy and funny romantic novels which never pretend to be war and peace and Never take the story pretty serious, it's that the books are unrelated. I don't like it.i prefer the way the TV series works, all stories are developing, even though obviously there are a main story and secondaries
3rd. I am not sure what would be an spoiler and what would't, because I am not sure about what is commonly known and what's not.
4th. I don't know about how to write in spoilers and I don't want to spoil anyone so I want say my full theory.

So after all this, my point is: what I think is going to happen (as this is a tv series not unrelated books) is that the story is going to develop season by season, we'll probably gets other siblings love stories tips even though that doesn't happen in the books either, and maybe a Polin kiss, maybe Colin will know this season that she is LW (and maybe he'll even know the same way as the book), who knows, everything is an option at the writers desk, but I am almost 100% percent sure that they won't wait until season 4 to make something happen between them.

btw, I hope this is not an spoiler, but I am not fully happy with the way Penelope behaves at the books. and I like more Colin at the books in a way because he is smart funny nice and adorable, but at the same time, he is 21, in the books he is mainly portraits at 33, so we can see him grown (I don't know if I make my point clear lol )
Old 10-16-2021, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I definitely love we get to see them grow though the books and will get to see that on the show.

As a huge romance reader I will say it seems most romance books work like this in a series unless the same character remains main in all of them.

I think the books are fair game and not spoilers but not sure.

This is how you do the spoiler tag.
HTML Code:
[sp]Text goes here.[/sp]
I could see us getting more affection between them. Maybe even seeing Colin's feelings grow more romantic towards Penelope but not sure if they would get them together before their season but who knows.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

yeah they'll definitely show more of them on S2 and 3, but romantic stuff like a kiss i think they'll wait till their season

btw welcome to the thread! it's nice to meet other Polin shippers
Old 10-17-2021, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Carnela! Welcome Love your post!

I definitely think season 4 will be their season
Old 10-17-2021, 09:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
I definitely love we get to see them grow though the books and will get to see that on the show.

As a huge romance reader I will say it seems most romance books work like this in a series unless the same character remains main in all of them.

I think the books are fair game and not spoilers but not sure.

This is how you do the spoiler tag.
HTML Code:
[sp]Text goes here.[/sp]
I could see us getting more affection between them. Maybe even seeing Colin's feelings grow more romantic towards Penelope but not sure if they would get them together before their season but who knows.
I don’t think we’ll see them as a couple until season four. But i do think we’ll see the development of their relationship season by season. Shonda is smart enough to not waste such a chemistry during 2 years in a row. The same way i spect to meet benedict parnet at least at the last episode this season, and maybe more about eloise and Francesca love stories.

I guess one thing is a book series about 8 siblings, and a different thing is a tv series. The development will be different and the approach of the story won’t be the same.

I can even imagine he discovering she is LW this season the same way it happens in the books 11 years later and she rejecting him after it. As this is kind of a revision of the Regency era with more empowered women.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I see what you mean Yes, I totally agree there will be tension between P/C, especially from Pen. Colin will still see her as a friend until season 4.... but that's just my guess.
Old 10-17-2021, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmela_1986 (View Post)
I don’t think we’ll see them as a couple until season four. But i do think we’ll see the development of their relationship season by season. Shonda is smart enough to not waste such a chemistry during 2 years in a row. The same way i spect to meet benedict parnet at least at the last episode this season, and maybe more about eloise and Francesca love stories.

I guess one thing is a book series about 8 siblings, and a different thing is a tv series. The development will be different and the approach of the story won’t be the same.

I can even imagine he discovering she is LW this season the same way it happens in the books 11 years later and she rejecting him after it. As this is kind of a revision of the Regency era with more empowered women.
Oh ok then yeah I agree with that. And I do think they could fit Sophie and Michael into the show briefly in S2. Just to give us a glimpse of them.

Yeah true. Some thinks work better on paper than being shown and some work better the other way.

I see them waiting for that reveal with Colin for their season but again who knows.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I would love it if they showed hints of all the love stories before their season like they're doing with Polin
Old 10-20-2021, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah
Old 10-20-2021, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

it makes the love stories even better
Old 10-22-2021, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would be great if we could have that.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

x
Old 10-22-2021, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's such a cute scene.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...