Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2004, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

From Yahoo

Young Actors Get a 'Life' in ABC Drama
Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Rachel Blanchard (news), Jacob Pitts and Shiri Appleby (news) have been cast in "1/4life," a new ABC ensemble drama from the creators of "thirtysomething."

The drama, revolving around seven twentysomething friends who live under the same roof, examines the period of transition that comes after a person graduates from college and has to come to grips with life in the real world.

Blanchard, Pitts and Appleby, along with Merritt Wever and newcomer Regggie Austin, will play five of the seven friends.

Executive producers Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick wrote the script. Herskovitz is also on board to direct.

Blanchard co-starred on the WB Network's drama "7th Heaven" for two years and played the lead in "Clueless" the series. She was most recently in theaters with "Without a Paddle."

Pitt starred earlier this year in "Eurotrip." "Roswell" star Appleby appeared on Herskovitz and Zwick's "thirtysomething."

Wever worked on M. Night Shyamalan's "Signs." Austin, who appeared on NBC's reality series "The Next Action Star," was discovered while auditioning for an ABC showcase for finding and developing culturally and ethnically diverse talent.
So Emilie, Katherine & Shiri will all have a show on ABC. Go them.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's too funny!

It's so exciting that we'll get to see her on tv every week again.

Thanks for bringing that over, justsmile.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 10-25-2004, 02:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's great !!!
I'm so happy for Shiri. She's doing a lot of fantastic things =) I love it.

and it's also very funny that the 3 of them have shows on ABC. Who knows, maybe Majandra will get something in that channel too.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Cool, though I rather see Shiri on the big screen, but every week will be awesome. Herskovitz and Zwick are two amazing and critically acclaimed writer/producer/director, they created Once and Again, though short lived, an excellent show. Thanks justsmile.

Edited to add--That's funny, Shiri's credits are "Roswell," and "Thirtysomething," dude she's done a lot more then that!

Last edited by Negra Luna; 10-25-2004 at 05:08 AM
Old 10-25-2004, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

Great news! I will be so happy to see her on a weekly tv program again.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by justsmile
From Yahoo

Young Actors Get a 'Life' in ABC Drama

So Emilie, Katherine & Shiri will all have a show on ABC. Go them.

That is great news!
Is there any mention of a shooting local for this?
I'd sure hate to find it right under my nose in the middle of the second season again.

Also... I attended a test drive of the new Ford Hybrid Escape close to Vasquez Rocks and noted three films or shows being shot.
PIE and Domino were the Crew placards hung out for directions. Anyone with clues as to what they might have been?

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We should start a seperate thread for "1/4life" if the info turns out correct.

Icon - evangelin
Old 10-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

'Roswell,' '7th Heaven' Co-Stars Lead ABC's New 'Life'
(Monday, October 25 08:15 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Five attractive young twentysomethings are in line to lead the cast of "1/4life," an ABC drama pilot from "thirtysomething" creators Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick.
The pilot, which centers on seven twentysomethings living in the same home and dealing with the transition between college and the real world, is set to star Rachel Blanchard, Shiri Appleby, Jacob Pitts and Merritt Wever and Reggie Austin. Two remaining parts need to be cast.

Blanchard spent two years on The WB's "7th Heaven" playing Roxanne Richardson. The actress was a regular on Nickelodeon's "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" and starred in the ABC and UPN adaptation of "Clueless."

Appleby, like Blanchard, is a WB veteran having starred on the cult favorite "Roswell." Currently in theaters in the indie thriller "Undertow," Appleby is no stranger to Zwick and Herskovitz, having played the younger version of Mel Harris' Hope in a 1987 episode of "thirtysomething."

One of the stars of Showtime's recent take on "A Separate Peace," Pitts was also seen in the teen romp "Eurotrip." Wever has been seen in the features "Signs," "Series 7: The Contenders" and in the HBO film "Something the Lord Made." A semi-finalist on NBC's "Next Action Star," Austin got his break auditioning at an ABC diversity showcase, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Zwick and Herskovitz are writing the pilot together and will executive producer, while Herskovitz is set to direct the pilot.

From http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91405|1|,00.html
Old 10-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you!

Looks to be accurate.

Icon - evangelin
Old 10-26-2004, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the news. I hope it gets picked up
Old 10-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have internet only for one day and look what happened Shiri in the new TV show
Question is...When ?

Thanks for the info
Because the best is yet to come..."
Old 10-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda Leigh
Thank you!

Looks to be accurate.
Some of those I spoke with at the "Everything You Want" screening confirmed this story and were very excited for her.

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great news...I'll definitely be looking forward to that!!! Congrats Shiri!

Crystal