Fan Forum Star

Added

http://www.fanforum.com/f55/shiris-a.../#post61562857
Old 02-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPME (View Post)
Hi Pempees, GrhmLz, and angelface211 Thanks for the welcome
You are welcome. I hope to see you around - and please feel welcome to just call me Em
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 02-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added
http://www.fanforum.com/f55/off-topi.../#post61622228
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Hey you guys
I didn't know where to put this so I decided that maybe the Intro/guide thread would be best - maybe there can be a suggestion thread for ideas and input?

Anyway, I have been thinking and I really hope you guys don't feel like I'm stepping on any toes by giving a suggestion but have you thought of merging threads? I've been going through some pages (1-5) of the board and noticed that there seems to be a bit of clutter with some floater threads that only have a handful of posts. It comes off as clutter because these threads are opening for one time events or messages (appearances, holiday wishes, etc) and they are only used for a very short amount of time and then forgotten. It got me thinking that some of these threads would work best as single threads - Events/Appearances Thread, Holiday Thread, etc). Keeping these threads separate kind of makes it difficult to navigate through the board if you just want to browse through the pages instead of the board guide. I don't mean to put more work on you girls because I know you're both very busy with school and familly/RL, but it's just a suggestion to help tidy up the board and make it easier to navigate. I recently saw another board going through some thread mergers and thought it was a great idea especially for boards that have been around for a while and has a few stray, unused threads.

If it's something you think is a good ideas but find it to be too big of a project, I'd be willing to help . I don't have moderator controls to do the merging but I could help going through pages seeing what threads could be grouped and gather those links under categories Again, it's just a suggestion!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is a great suggestion Cristal. I have thought about that in the past that we shouldn't have separate threads for each event Shiri has done but never got around to doing something about it. I think it is a really good idea and it would reduce a lot of clutter on the board and make it easier to navigate. I am definitely willing to take on the project and hopefully Em will be too. I can try to get started on one of them after the weekend because I have to finish my finals first.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

That is actually a really good idea, Cristal! I am definitely willing to take this project on - also I have to admit, that a lot of the event threads have been opened before we even came mods, and I have few times thought as well, that how does this make sense But I don't know how to merge threads, since I haven't been mod that long and I haven't needed to use that before, but if someone tells me how to do and what to do, I am glad to do it
Old 05-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

It's okay Em, a lot of things from this board needed a lot of work before you guys were mods. Sheida did an amazing job cleaning a few things up and getting a board guide up and running, so it was a bit of a stepping stone. The fact that this board went neglected for so long is such a shame and it wouldn't have been so difficult to get things back in order. But if you girls need any help, let me know I need to remember how to merge threads The only thing about physically merging threads it that it'll goof up the posting order in original threads which won't be TOO bad for the Events Thread. I thiiiiiink, when you click on threads on the right, at the bottom you can merge them. I'd have to check my own board to practice or something
Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't really merged a lot of threads before but I think you just right click the box and then on the bottom under thread tools there should be a merge thread button. And ya it will mess up the post count order but I don't think it will be that big of a deal especially in the event thread because most of those events are so old anyway.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

I was just actually thinking that do we actually even need an event thread. Isn't that just basically what news thread is all about? And picture thread? Rarely people want to talk about an event she was ages ago.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is a good point, I can go back through and close up all those threads to make it look cleaner and then if anyone posts a new thread we can move it to the news thread. Maybe we can change the title to News and Events or something so people know where to post it.

What about for all the Holiday stuff do you still want to merge them?
Old 05-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

News and Events sounds alright to me. There isn't really even that much to talk about when she goes to an event

Yeah, I think those we could merge. But what should it be called?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya that's what I would think but when I went back through to close those threads some of them had like over 90 posts. Seemed weird to me. When I looked back the old news threads used to be called News and Media Events and yet they still posted separate threads for events and most times it was the mods doing it, didn't make sense to me.

Um I don't know we can just call it a Holiday thread where people can come in and wish each other happy holidays for whatever they want to
Old 05-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

Well, we should just do things the way we feel right. Just call it the news and events thread. Shiri was just in a new event and there wasn't nearly enough discussion for it to have its own thread I think.

Yeah, aren't most of them opened like for Shiri? Like 'come and wish shiri happy what-ever"? It's not the fans wishing each other, I think.. So confusing!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread