Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2022, 07:46 PM
Absolute Fan

LOL Rei always makes Usagi cry, they have a very tumultuous relationship, they always argue and tease each other and drive each other crazy, but deep down they really care about each other. Even though all the inner Sailor Senshis are close friends with Usagi and would risk their lives to protect her, but despite their constant bickering Rei is probably Usagi's closest friend or cares about her the most.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:56 PM
I am a basketball genius!

That is good to know. Glad that they still care about each other after so much arguing.

Old 04-06-2022, 07:34 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

The classic anime series is great in portraying the silly side and Rei/Usagi fights. they are teenagers after all.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:22 PM

Yes. They are teens still.
Old 04-08-2022, 06:26 AM
Absolute Fan

the 90s anime portrayed the Usagi & Rei relationship slightly differently compared to the original manga and Crystal, in the 90s anime their relationship was more tumultuous, like I said before they were always bickering and annoying each other usually over very trivial and silly things, they were very childish and petty with their constant arguing. While in the manga Usagi & Rei's relationship was less tumultuous, yes they still had disagreements sometimes, but it was never to the extent of constant petty childish bickering like it was in the 90s anime and it was much less frequent, their relationship in the manga was a lot more calmer and friendlier. All the the characters were a bit more mature in the manga compared to the 90s anime, even Usagi was, while she was still clumsy and a crybaby in the manga, but just to a lesser extent and was more mature. Same with Rei, she was a lot less b*tchy and arrogant and more mature and more intelligent in the manga. Even Usagi's occasional disagreements with Rei were less childish and often more serious and were related to their missions instead of trivial things. And since Crystal is a lot more faithful to the manga, the depiction of Usagi & Rei's relationship and the characters themselves were a lot more similar to the manga compared to the 90s anime.
Honestly I've always disliked Rei in the 90s anime, I think they made her too b*tchy and arrogant and childish in the 90s anime, I always found her to be very annoying. But I like Rei in the manga and Crystal because she's more mature, she's actually 1 of my favourite characters in the manga and Crystal. It's ironic that Rei is 1 of my most hated characters in the 90s anime yet she's 1 of my favourites in the manga and Crystal. Same with Chibiusa, I dislike her in the 90s anime and always found her annoying, but I like her alot more in the manga & Crystal.

Last edited by LindaL100; 04-08-2022 at 06:35 AM
Old 04-10-2022, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Writing-wise crystal is a lot better than the 90s anime. The 90s anime was more for kids so the characters ofte behaved accordingly. On the other hand the 90s anime is such a classic that I still love it.
Old 04-10-2022, 03:06 PM

Interesting. What about it makes it a classic to you?
Old 04-12-2022, 06:27 AM
Absolute Fan

I think it's because most fans grew up watching the 90s anime, so that's the version that many fans have loved for many years and view as a classic, nostalgia can be a very powerful feeling for some people. Whereas Crystal is still relatively new and a reboot anime that was only released several years ago and follows a lot closer to the manga, so it's still quite fresh and new and not really considered a "classic" to many people. And since a lot of things were changed in the 90s anime that were very different to the manga, many fans were surprised by the differences in the story-telling.
I love both the 90s anime and Crystal for different reasons and they both have their positives and flaws, since the 90s anime was much longer and had a lot of filler episodes, it had a lot more room for character development for the characters, so I've always felt that the 90s anime focused more on the character development for the characters compared to Crystal. While Crystal followed a lot closer to the manga and is much shorter with hardly any fillers, it's more focused on the storytelling and is very story-driven.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Fully agree with your analysis there.
Old 04-13-2022, 08:00 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

i agree with that as well
Old 04-15-2022, 01:20 PM

Oh. I like ''Sailor Moon Crystal'', but thanks for explaining that.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:43 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

anything u particularly like about Sailor Moon Crystal?
Old 04-19-2022, 09:26 PM

The heroines are more mature in it. I have not watched a lot of either yet though.
Old 04-20-2022, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
The heroines are more mature in it. I have not watched a lot of either yet though.
Yes same, they are more mature and less childish and usagi is cute without being too silly.
Old 04-22-2022, 03:27 PM

That's good. I'll check more of it out after I return to Hulu, since that's where I've been watching Sailor Moon Anime.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread