Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2021, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPerfectionist (View Post)
i'll watch the live-action as a stand alone show and try to enjoy it as it is. it'll never BE the anime. two different format, different storytelling.
Same here and that makes a lot of sense.

Wolf's Rain takes place in a post-apocalyptic future where a group of wolves that can also transform into human beings are serching for the paradise while being hunted by humans.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:48 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yeah. It used to air on Adult Swim as well.

John Cho Says After Torn ACL, ‘Cowboy Bebop’ Considered Using CGI to Avoid Production Pause

The actor also revealed that it took him about a year to recover from the on-set injury he experienced while filming the Netflix series.

stool and CGI were nearly brought in to avoid a production shutdown after John Cho tore his ACL while filming Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop.

The star of the live-action adaptation of the popular anime appeared on The Late Late Show on Wednesday night and revealed what the show had considered doing to avoid suspending filming.

“We were exploring other scenarios. They were talking about maybe doing The Irishman face thing,” Cho said, before confirming host James Corden’s comment that the production considered “putting [his] face on someone else’s body.”

Cho briefly noted that they considered the cost, which was apparently too much. Cho then revealed a more low-cost option that was broached. “We talked about maybe sitting on a stool while shooting me from the waist up, but they decided this is dangerous,” the actor laughed.

When the news of the production pause was initially reported in 2019, the nature of Cho’s injury was not clear, but the production went on a months-long hiatus while he recovered. In an August 2021 interview with Vulture, the Star Trek and Over the Moon star confirmed that he tore his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) while filming at night, with Cho reportedly taking a slight misstep before he “went down.”

While the actor said he still wasn’t sure what exactly happened to cause the injury, he had to undergo surgery and spent several months in physical therapy, where he continuously thought about his character. “I’m at home doing these knee exercises, coming off the drugs, and I was thinking about Cowboy Bebop. Every day,” Cho said. “I don’t think I’ve ever thought about a single role more.”

During his Late Late Show appearance, Cho told Corden that his recovery process ultimately took him a year. “I’m supposed to be done with [physical therapy],” he explained. “I’m supposed to be 100 percent — don’t test me. But, yeah, we finished out the season with the new knee, the surgically repaired knee, and so far, so good.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...se-1235049830/
Old 11-19-2021, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I saw the first episode, and it's really not bad actually. Sure the anime is better, but this is pretty decent too. At least episode one was very close to the anime.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:56 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis (View Post)
Same here and that makes a lot of sense.

Wolf's Rain takes place in a post-apocalyptic future where a group of wolves that can also transform into human beings are serching for the paradise while being hunted by humans.
sounds promising. i'll look it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis (View Post)
I saw the first episode, and it's really not bad actually. Sure the anime is better, but this is pretty decent too. At least episode one was very close to the anime.
first episode was good

the music, Spike's carefree attitude, the overall feel we like about the anime. i think they got the essential right so far.
Old 11-20-2021, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Keeping the og soundtrack certainly helped a lot, just as keeping everything looking like in the anime. I only read they added some backstory for vicious and that those scenes are pretty boring and slow (and quite unnecessary).
Old 11-20-2021, 11:15 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

the music really gave us the tone of the cowboy universe.

yeah in the second episode, scenes with Vicious. at that point in the story, he isn't what i want to focus on.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Same thoughts, they could've just made the episodes shorter and left out the vicious and julia stuff tbh, bc there is no necessity for it, it serves no purpose, aside from that it's a pretty failful and well done adaption of the anime tbh.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:28 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

yeah a lot of Vicious and Julia scenes.

in contrast, i'm 9 episodes in on my anime rewatch. Barely any Vicious.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I still haven't come further than episode 2 on the live action show.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I maybe have seen 3-4.ep of Cowboy bebop , with my limited knowledge of this anime, should I watch it to understand the live action
Old 11-26-2021, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Wel I guess you can also understand the live action without having seen the anime. But since it's a really good anime and not too long, you'd surely enjoy it too.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:56 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

i also agree that u can watch the live-action without watching the anime prior.
Old 11-27-2021, 04:28 PM

Yeah. It's probably better to do that to help prevent being disappointed.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:08 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

overall it was good. i wasn't disappointed. they really captured the tone of the anime. keeping the music was wise.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:51 PM

That's good. Some have liked it & others not as much if at all, but overall I think that most have enjoyed this version of ''Cowboy Bebop''.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread