Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Why is it, when Ed's in NYC, Leigh isn't and vice versa. When Ed's in LA, Leigh isn't and vice versa. It's as if they plan it.
Moozanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe they do. Maybe they are doing what CB tried to do in S4, have a contract that they can't be in the same place at the same time

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

THEY DESERVE ALL AWARDS!!

Quote:
"Yay for Jane the Virgin's Gina Rodriguez! Here are 18 Other CW Stars Who Deserve Golden Globe Nominations"

Leighton Meester, Gossip Girl: Before GG descended into ridiculousness, it was seriously good and the show that launched the CW. And Meester was its bleeding and bitchy heart. (We miss Blair Waldorf. A lot.)

Ed Westwick, Gossip Girl: Say what you will about the show towards the end of its run, but in seasons one and two, it was a pop culture phenomenon, and Chuck Bass was straight-up iconic, thanks mostly to Westwick's portrayal. He was Chuck Bass.

Read more here: eonli.ne/1Alc8vD

Old 12-13-2014, 05:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale decem (View Post)
Maybe they do. Maybe they are doing what CB tried to do in S4, have a contract that they can't be in the same place at the same time
LOL! Maybe they send a memo to each other informing when they are in and out of NYC/LA. Oh who knows. It's sad that we have not seen them together since Bangkok.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

ugh yes. Ed and Leight def deserved to be nominated and they still do.

yes, they don't want people to speculate it so they are like "we can't be seen together"

i love you. ♡
Old 12-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Ed, Leighton and a few other on that list actually do deserve to have at least gotten a nomination.

But at least the teens gave them recognition.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They got great praises in the recent interview too. They were ALL fans of Ed and Chuck particularly and they said Ed and Leighton were the reason that the show was good which I TOTALLY AGREE!

I hope we see them together soon. Miss them so much
Old 12-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
I hope we see them together soon. Miss them so much
I was saying the same thing recently. chances of it actually happening, at least in the near future, are slim but I do hope they eventfully end up in a project together. Maybe something similar to Penshoppe.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm starting to lose hope about them ever being in the same room together, which sucks. Maybe someone can like write a script and only want EL as the lead characters.

i love you. ♡
Old 12-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm sure they are purposely putting-off being in the same area for as long as possible. But I hope someday/one-day they will do something together. Not that I ship them, but it just would be nice to see. Leigh has pretty much re-met everyone on the cast since the show ended, except for Ed.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love them together and their friendship And I think they have a rare bond and chemistry and shouldn't be wasted They'd be great at period pieces in particular imo. They have a rare old hollywood glamour too

But I think they both try to distance themselves from GG and popularity of CB and their characters right now. Try to move on. But it is so hard because they created such iconic characters and a couple never to be forgotten (the best example to this is Robin Williams where he said people were still referring him as monk after 40 or so years and all that iconic characters and awards. But he said he was never resentful) Especially Leighton shows impatient attitude towards asks about GG and Blair. But someone should remind her that this shouldn't be her reaction imo, it would hurt her more. Ed now uses that power in his advantage and I think it is what Leighton should be doing as well. Everyday CB gains thousands of fans thanks to Netflix and it is ALL natural as it was before

I would love her to have a huge break out and she deserves more than anyone along with Ed imo but even then her reaction would as Robin imo. That's a great example I think
Old 12-15-2014, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

I think it's good to distance yourself from a popular role. Adam still gets asked about The OC and it's been a many years and it must get annoying. Plus GG was on the CW and not watched by too many people so I doubt it will help Lei get jobs. I think the popularity only really helps for that particular role. I don't follow many celebs but I know the Twilight cast were hot property for a while and I think that changed after the series ended so fanbase popularity doesn't last too long.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-15-2014 at 07:24 AM
ElenaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:58 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm glad most of Leigh's fans have moved on or are on the path to moving on. Wish the interviewers, press, etc. would move on too.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think that Ed minds being still affiliated with gossip girl or the cast. He's already commented about Leight getting married and now about Blake's pregnancy and he doesn't seem to mind it. I understand wanting to move away from GG and the relation to it but honestly I don't care about Leight not mentioning or mentioning GG or talking / not talking about it. I just want EL. And with that I don't mean them as something romantic but them doing another project together.

i love you. ♡
Old 12-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Leighton doesn't mind being affiliated with Gossip Girl. She always has nice things to say about the opportunities its given her and seems to be in touch with Jessica, Amanda, Norman, Zuzanna, Penn, Chace, Wallace, Nicole, Caroline, Margaret, etc.
"I hope that young women aren't looking at this and thinking, 'I should model my relationships after this,' because it was so dramatic and there was some domestic violence in there that I didn't necessarily love." -- Leighton Meester

Last edited by clair carlyle; 12-15-2014 at 10:25 AM
clair carlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread