Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2014, 01:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Dead (View Post)
Thank you! I just watched the video, and I too was surprised to learn that Gloria's HIV storyline originated in part from a friend of hers. And yes, Eriq's story about being chased into an alleyway with George was pretty damn hilarious.

I also did not know about Noah administering someone with an IV for real while they were shooting in the Congo.

The '22' gesture is something I think I heard/saw once before, but never in that much detail. Also, I am glad they touched on how the original cast would 'throw away' sentimental moments because they knew real doctors would never react in the Grey's Anatomy way (come on, Anthony & co. were clearly dissing it without naming names. )
Yeah, I forgot about the IV part. That's really kind of awesome (not that a person passed out, but that he knew enough to be able to help).

Oh, Grey's...haha. And there wouldn't be a reason to include them because they aren't doing anything groundbreaking or pioneering for medical dramas.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the link, I really enjoyed the interview about ER

I didn´t know George did that for Eriq to be on the magazine cover.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Chief Geek

^ I first heard that story when TVGuide did the "Women of ER" issue, the show I was watching made it out like it was a recent thing the George was mad that every ER cast member but Eriq was on the cover. I was thinking the story made no sense since it was about the Women of the show, not the whole show. Plus Ming and Michael were on the cover and there are two minorities right there. Putting it back in '97-'98 makes more sense now.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Elite Fan

1997 article from the time George called out TV Guide for neglecting Eriq: CLOONEY'S LETTER REHEATS 'ER' COVER FLAP WITH TV GUIDE - NY Daily News

I *swear* I once saw a photo of the letter George sent, which was signed by the entire cast.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:51 AM
New Fan

I saw this on Buzzfeed yesterday. It's the last cover: http://www.buzzfeed.com/annehelenpet...from-the-1990s

LOL. Poor Anthony.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

^ LMAO! That was a fun walk down memory lane.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Omg

Magical Hair & Perfect Smiles.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Awwww!!! I never saw that before!!! I love it hahaha!
Old 05-29-2014, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

"Also Anthony Edwards might be the nerdiest person to appear on the cover of People who was not charged with a crime."

Old 05-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh god!

There is a tumblr account who is planning to do something for the 20th anniversary. Each person can send a video or photo ( The ER 20th anniversary project )
I totally forgot about it until days ago when I saw the post again.

Maybe I´ll send a photo but I have ER stuff in both of my cities so I don´t know how to do it

I continue thinking that we should make something to persuade Warner Brother´s to make an special or a photoshoot
Old 05-30-2014, 02:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh wow! Oh my gosh, how could I possibly put all my ER feels into 1 photo or 60 second video?? Time to start brainstorming lol
Old 05-31-2014, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I continue thinking that we should make something to persuade Warner Brother´s to make an special or a photoshoot
If I wasn't job-hunting, that would be my current crusade. They gotta do SOMETHING!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:44 AM
Chief Geek

I would guess a magazine like Entertainment Weekly will do something considering it's ER and Friends 20th anniversary. Both shows changed TV.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Sadly ER is not on air in USA now.so i doubt it (
Old 05-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Sadly ER is not on air in USA now.so i doubt it (
Yeah, they replaced it with that "Supernatural" show on TNT years ago . I had wondered how some people are still watching "ER" now. I guess it's still on in some countries.