Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

...I'll just run off and vote again right now...
Jason Behr Obsessee #165 and damn proud of it!
Gareth David-Lloyd / Ianto Jones Obsessee No. 12 -- And I’m ready for it!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

I'm not sure how much posting I can do in the next couple of days. I'm having some start-up issues with my old trusty desktop computer, so I am running a very sophisticated diagnostic tool. It is supposed to test things in repeated passes, and works best if it makes at least 40 passes; it will do as many as 255 passes if I want. I started it before I went to bed last night about midnight, thinking it would run all night and maybe be done when I got up. When I got up I found that it had only completed 12 passes -- and the minimum is 40, so at this rate it's going to take all day as well-- and maybe longer.

I could use my partner's MAC but he has one of those "ergonimic" keyboards -- split in themiddle with both halves going in opposite directions - and I simply cannot type on it so, instead, I am using my iBook which at least has a normal keyboard. I have trouble adapting to the laptop keyboard and frequently miss the space-bar but at least it's a normal keyboard. Trouble is, my iBook is old and slow so I get frustrated (how spoiled I am ) so I can only spend so much time on it before I have to give my nerves a break...

I hope my desktop machine will be up and running again SOON!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

ooh, I hope so too...I just recently had a tech come out and clean up my desktop. Now I've got to call Dell cuz when I plug in something into the port, I get the Blue Screen of Death lol *sigh*

Anyway, I was updating my que on my blockbuster account (I have that total access thing with DVDs- LOVE it) and I saw that The Tattoist is available!!! Also for sale, but I wanted to make sure so it's #1 on my list and will be sending off the ones I have here at home to be exchanged. I should get it Sat or Monday in the mail if it's truly available I'll let you know
Old 06-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

That's GREAT!! I'm anxious to hear how good the movie looks. Also to learn if Jason has any nude scenes.

Do let us know...
Old 06-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Well I don't have to wait until this weekend...I took the movies in that I had and exchanged them at the store (another PLUS with this program) and they had The Tattooist!!! So I'll probably watch it late tonight or early in the morning...then I'll get some caps That way I can drool in private
Old 06-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait for some 'caps!

On another matter... The testing program ran for 40 straight hours and found absolutely nothing wrong... yet I'm still having startup problems
Old 06-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

That's odd, Alex *sigh* My desktop won't allow any devices to be hooked into the front USB ports. I've got to call Dell and get it fixed.

I've got caps!!! Just been busy and haven't been able to resize them yet (they came out huge and would distort the forums). The movie is so-so. Lots of plot holes and left me with a lot of unexplained questions. It's classified in the horror genre, but think The Grudge. More PG13 horror.

As for the nude scene...there's one at the very beginning, but it's really dark and then the title covers his butt. I have that screen cap too. But that's about it *sigh* Jason did a great job, but he's really got to get out of these foreign/independent films and into HOLLYWOOD! Such great talent and looks going to waste

Anyway, my husband's Aunt and Uncle were here most of the day yesterday and today my son, daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters (6mo & 2 yrs) are visiting until late tomorrow. So I doubt I"ll have much time to mess with them until Monday. I'll be lucky to grab a few minutes to post

Everyone have a great weekend
Old 06-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Earlier in the week I got an invitation to a reception at a local art gallery to celebrate a show by my neighbor, who is a wonderful sculptor. I read it and decided it would be nice to go so I planned Friday evening around it.

We had an early dinner then got dressed-up, got in the car and headed for the gallery. I got out the invitation again to check on the address of the gallery and only then did I realize that I hadn't paid careful enough attention to reading it. The reception is next month!

There we were, all dressed-up with nowhere to go... so we did the grocery shopping.
To top it all off, the day of the actual reception I'll be in Penna. at the family farm, and won't be able to go to the gallery.

I'll be waiting anxiously for your screencap posts, Magik!
Old 06-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

I've got half of them done. It's amazing how much time a 6 month old and a two year old occupies your time. They didn't leave until later this evening, then there was dinner and clean up *sigh* I'm just exhausted. I'm hoping to finish them tomorrow. Right now, I'm off to bed and get my first night of peaceful sleep since Friday
Old 07-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

I think I mentioned here that I was having some problems with my desktop iMac. I've run all kinds of repair programs and they all say that everything is OK and yet when I try to boot I have to re-boot 30 times before it boots.

This has been going on for a month now, and it's not so bad if I just leave the computer "on" all the time -- you can do that with a MAC because you don't have to re-start 4 times a day like you do with PCs, but if I need to update or install software, or I don't want to leave it on for some reason, then I have the problem.

This got me thinking about the fact that the machine is more than 5 years old and the OS has been upgraded as far as it can (OSX.4.11) and the machine will not support the newest MAC OS. I stewed about it for several days and then started shopping. I shopped all the on-line outlets as well as the Apple Store. I finally ended up buying a factory-refurbished machine direct from Apple. It comes with a brand-new warranty and is eligible for the extended AppleCare (which I sprung for). I figure this machine actually has a better chance at being perfect than one right off the line, because a tech has actually gone thru the whole machine to make sure...

By buying a refurbished machine direct from Apple I saved about $500 over the same machine from the factory list. It still cost a bundle, but I am sure it's going to be worth it in the long-run.

I bought a 24" screen (It's Humongous!) 2.8Ghz processor, 2GB Ram, with a 500GB Hard Drive, a superdrive, Airport, and all the bells & whistles that come with MAC including the latest OS.

It arrived via FedEx today, so I have been playing all day.
It took about an hour to set-up, but most of that was transferring all my files from my old iMac via FireWire. I haven't decided what to do with the old one yet...

Anyhow -- I expect smooth sailing from here on!

Here are some pix... (EDIT: Actually, I noticed today that the pix I downloaded were of the 20" model --mine is considerably wider -- imagine another two inches wider at either side of the keyboard in the picture and you get the idea )

Last edited by maxkyleshpr; 07-02-2008 at 10:07 AM
Old 07-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, what an awesome new computer!! I just have my little laptop. *g*

And hello! *waves* Miss me? Hee.

Lol, I didn't even realize it's been so long since I last posted!! I swear I've been around more often. *scratches head*

Most of my free time I'm either vegging or writing my Heroes fics.

I hope everyone is well.

Beyond the Realm of Fiction
Icon based on the banner made by Fehrbaby.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

We've missed you! I assumed you were working yourself to the bone...

I'm really enjoying the new computer -- everything is just so terrifically fast -- even
Old 07-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Ooooh, pretty new computer , Alex. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun on that thing.

Well, it's official. My husband is now promoted! And we'll be moving *sigh* I'm not sure on an exact date, as we've got to wait for the other person to move out before we can take over. So, I'm sure I'll be without net for a short time (becuz you know I can't live long without the net ). Needless to say, I'll start packing the house on Sunday. But I'll keep you all informed as I get the details.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Well congratulations. Now at least you know for sure that you are going to move soon and you'll be able to plan accordingly.I'm sure you wont be without internet-service for long.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!