Old 06-27-2022, 05:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Tom Swift 1x05 Episode Discussion: "...And the Crashed Cotillion" {6/28/22}

1x05 - "...And the Crashed Cotillion"
Episode Discussion

Tom (Tian Richards), Zenzi (Ashleigh Murray) and Isaac (Marquise Vilsón) are on capsule piece rescue mission #3,
and are determined that this time no detours, kidnappings or rogue dates will stop them,
that is until Tom receives harsh news from Claire (guest star Brittany Ishibashi).
Meanwhile, Lorraine (April Parker Jones) works on finalizing the Tubman Group Cotillion.
Lastly, Lino (guest star Donovin Miller) drops a bomb on Isaac.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

A couple:

Old 06-27-2022, 06:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Every one looks good in the stills.
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 06:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

They do! They all look very pretty!
Old 06-27-2022, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe this is halfway through the season? Everyone looks great though!
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I think so...but no one will actually come out and say how many episodes for some strange reason.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
I think so...but no one will actually come out and say how many episodes for some strange reason.
I'm sticking with the numbers. On August 16th. Devils S2 is taking its time slot. May 31st to August 9th is 10 weeks. The import has eight S2 episodes.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

You're probably right...but I don't understand why no one has actually said anything?! Is it some big secret?!
Old 06-28-2022, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I'm still watching this show, it's getting better. Hopefully it'll really find itself soon

everyone in this cast is gorgeous
Old 06-28-2022, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Well it seems like things are getting serious with the Road Back now. They'd kind of been ignoring them as a threat but kidnapping Tom isn't something that they can take lightly.

I thought this was a good episode for Tom. He had a nice moment with his mom and I think being temporarily demoted and seeing his role in the company and all the work other people there do is really good for him. Hopefully he keeps growing.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

The first part of the episode was insanely boring, but it really picked up during the second half.

During the episode, I theorized that Lino's mom was experimented on after she was institutionalized for with her mental illness, and it seems like I was right. She told Lino he was also an experiment, but does that mean he was ALSO experimented on as a young child or was he like that since birth because of his mom? And why does this matter to the overall plot? TRB connection?

The subplot where Zenzi and Issac "became" Tom reminded me of the Polyjuice potion shenanigans in Harry Potter. I also thought it was pretty funny that Isaac made fun of Tom constantly being hit on.

I'm glad Zenzi called Tom out again for being selfish, but I'm also glad they made up at the end.

This was a great episode for Tom and Lorraine. Also, Lorraine's dress was beautiful.

NGL, before Tom was kidnapped (The Road Back I'm guessing?), I thought he was going to hook up with someone (originally thought the bartender or maybe another waiter?)

Justice for Isaac! Who was just trying to help! I wonder if he'll get back in Lorraine's good graces by saving Tom next week?

I still don't understand why this show has ZERO ND references when it's supposed to be a spin-off. Not even a TINY Easter Egg. It's very frustrating!

Next week actually looks like things are getting serious for Tom. I hope he watched Squid Game!
Old 06-29-2022, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
During the episode, I theorized that Lino's mom was experimented on after she was institutionalized for with her mental illness, and it seems like I was right. She told Lino he was also an experiment, but does that mean he was ALSO experimented on as a young child or was he like that since birth because of his mom?
Yeah I was thinking this too! Slight Stranger Things vibes from the "government experiment causing problems" plot. It's really sad to think of someone experimenting on a kid but who knows

Quote:
This was a great episode for Tom and Lorraine. Also, Lorraine's dress was beautiful.
Yeah I think this was my favorite part of the episode

Yeah it looks like things are going to start getting serious with The Road Back (who I'm guessing kidnapped Tom?)
Old 06-29-2022, 07:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Slight Stranger Things vibes from the "government experiment causing problems" plot.
Yup! It's very, very sad...but 100% tropey.

Quote:
Yeah it looks like things are going to start getting serious with The Road Back (who I'm guessing kidnapped Tom?)
It seems like it...unless the Congressman went rogue and did it without their permission?
Old 06-30-2022, 11:22 PM
Addicted Fan

That Lino /Biological Mother subplot is totally a different show. That X-Men joke was right on the money. That's a comic book storyline. But none of these various plots will ever be solved given the swift cancellation. I don't see this airing anywhere else. It didn't make any kind of noise.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 07-01-2022 at 09:21 AM
Old 07-01-2022, 06:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Definitely X-Men! The show was just too all over the place. It tried to be an ensemble, when it should have been about Tom on the run from TRB.