Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2022, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
10000000%.

I feel like they just used Nancy Drew to get the show picked up, but it has no other real connection.

I feel like if they tried harder to make the shows more compatible...they would have put them on the same night.
Oh def. the shows are very different. I enjoy both for different reasons. I just felt like marketing it as a spin-off was very manipulative.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

I enjoy both shows for different reasons too. It took time for ND to find its way as well (and in some ways it's still finding it...but that's a whole other discussion ).

Quote:
I just felt like marketing it as a spin-off was very manipulative.
Exactly! I wish they wouldn't have done that at all. Because they spend most of their time trying to actively distance the shows.

I wish The Road Back would have been purely a Tom Swift thing. They could have used something else on ND for that storyline instead.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

I'm liking it so far too! But yeah it's not ND and is pretty far from it so I wish they'd separated them for from the start.
gold-steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

And I think in the end, it hurts TS because the ND fandom originally tuned in expecting some kind of crossover or easter eggs (which BTW...I'm still waiting on!)
Old 06-24-2022, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I've kind of just let it go. I also think at this point either the show stands on its own legs (which I think it can cause lbr ND has a miniscule audience) or it sinks on its own.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:49 PM
Addicted Fan

They're dead without good streaming numbers and they're not even trying to bait the ND fan base.
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
They're dead without good streaming numbers and they're not even trying to bait the ND fan base.
I agree. I really hope those streaming numbers are great...although there was that rumor they got a 2-year pick-up. So...
Old 06-25-2022, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I think it has potential to draw in non-nd fans. but it depends. The way streaming numbers are kept a deep dark secret for this network its hard to tell.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I think it has potential to draw in non-nd fans. but it depends. The way streaming numbers are kept a deep dark secret for this network its hard to tell.
That's true, but Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys are more popular. When it comes to spin offs. Executives usually bait fans by using the original series. I don't even think Tom Swift trends on social media? But we know what is truly important is does it stream well next day on the App and months later on HBO Max. But like you said. We're kept in the dark until something is cancelled because the Netflix deal is long dead.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
That's true, but Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys are more popular. When it comes to spin offs. Executives usually bait fans by using the original series. I don't even think Tom Swift trends on social media? But we know what is truly important is does it stream well next day on the App and months later on HBO Max. But like you said. We're kept in the dark until something is cancelled because the Netflix deal is long dead.
I'm not overly invested either way. I enjoy it. But, its not like something I can do without. It's not like how I feel about AA or ND.
Old 06-25-2022, 02:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'm not overly invested either way. I enjoy it. But, its not like something I can do without. It's not like how I feel about AA or ND.
I feel the same. It's not a series I'm emotionally attached to. The series isn't living up to its potential because of budget and writing. ND constantly makes terrible writing choices but I'm still attached to it.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

Quote:
I think it could draw in non-ND fans...but not enough to balance out the ND fans who were "supposed" to watch it.

Quote:
When it comes to spin offs. Executives usually bait fans by using the original series.
^^^^
Old 06-29-2022, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

It's so weird they haven't done so. oh well. I mean as an empire fan it just feels like a subpar rip off. So, I'm annoyed for different reasons
Old 06-29-2022, 09:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

They want this show to be part James Bond, part Empire.