Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2022, 09:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
I'm already thinking about it in my mind.

BTW, do you guys think they'll end up using (or at least attempting to use) a stolen artifact from the Etsy Couple storyline to break the curse? Or will it be something completely different?

I've seen SOOO many ways that the curse was broken in fanfic...and honestly I don't care how it's broken just as long as it's actually a Nace storyline, Ace gets his agency back, and it's not dragged out all season.
I was thinking about that in the general discussion thread but didn't post it. What if they connect the couple to the curse? They only have 13 episodes. Trim the fat.
Old 06-26-2022, 10:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
What if they connect the couple to the curse?
What if they transfer the curse to the Etsy Couple?!
Old 06-27-2022, 12:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Look, we're still having nightmares about that S3 arc.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
That's what Connor would say when his wife makes him go to therapy cause he won't leave "that nice couple alone"!
Quote:
A morgue is like very low on the list of romantic places.
This is Nancy and Ace. They bonded over dead-bodies and ghosts.
Old 06-27-2022, 08:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
This is Nancy and Ace. They bonded over dead-bodies and ghosts.
Sounds like something George would say!
Old 06-27-2022, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Sounds like something George would say!
My spirit animal
Old 06-27-2022, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I agree we need some couple-y moments next season just in case is the last one
Old 06-27-2022, 05:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
My spirit animal
Do you have a pet crowbar?

Quote:
I agree we need some couple-y moments next season just in case is the last one
100%! The whole point of a "slow burn" is for an AMAZING pay-off! Like that's the point! So...
Old 06-27-2022, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

I really hope their idea of payoff isn't just a kiss in the last couple minutes of the show .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 06-27-2022, 08:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
I really hope their idea of payoff isn't just a kiss in the last couple minutes of the show .
I hope not either.

Like I remember when I first started shipping Nace...it was all about how they would be SO GOOD TOGETHER! They balance each other so well and they're like this dream team.

They're basically a gift-wrapped power couple! So it's really, really weird that the writers don't prioritize actually SEEING them together a couple.

50+ episodes of build-up is crazy for a CW show!

Andrea: How are you doing tonight?
Old 06-27-2022, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I really hope they're not the type of writers who think it'd get too boring between the main couple once they're together. I'd like to think not since they had Nick and George together for a long time before breaking them up but who knows. I wonder how they're going to be handled going forward also.

I'm doing okay S. How about yourself?
Old 06-27-2022, 08:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I'm tired, but okay.

Quote:
Yeah I really hope they're not the type of writers who think it'd get too boring between the main couple once they're together. I'd like to think not since they had Nick and George together for a long time before breaking them up but who knows. I wonder how they're going to be handled going forward also.
You're asking some really great questions. I love how our board is always very critical of the writers and their judgement and just won't accept anything they come up with for any ~reason.

I don't think the writers are necessarily against couples being together...but the timing has to align with their agendas. They use Nancy's love life/sex life as a plot device, so it's always easier to cry "slow burn" when it's really just because the writers want to keep dragging it out for ~reasons. Unfortunately, this show is not going to have 10 seasons. So...they need to get a move on it already. Season 4 will only have 13 episodes and if it's the last one...there's not going to be much time to show Nace as a couple...because we all know...they're going to drag this curse thing out 8, 9, 10 episodes.

Regarding Fanson, I wonder if they will still have frequent scenes (and not just because of the Drew Crew) or if they'll share less screen time like they do it on other shows. *SIGH*
Old 06-27-2022, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm tired, but okay.

You're asking some really great questions. I love how our board is always very critical of the writers and their judgement and just won't accept anything they come up with for any ~reason.

I don't think the writers are necessarily against couples being together...but the timing has to align with their agendas. They use Nancy's love life/sex life as a plot device, so it's always easier to cry "slow burn" when it's really just because the writers want to keep dragging it out for ~reasons. Unfortunately, this show is not going to have 10 seasons. So...they need to get a move on it already. Season 4 will only have 13 episodes and if it's the last one...there's not going to be much time to show Nace as a couple...because we all know...they're going to drag this curse thing out 8, 9, 10 episodes.

Regarding Fanson, I wonder if they will still have frequent scenes (and not just because of the Drew Crew) or if they'll share less screen time like they do it on other shows. *SIGH*
Yeah I love that we have this place to truly deep dive and discuss every decision the show's made. Very different from stan Twitter, which is hard to grasp. I love my long form content too much .

Yeah that's a good way to put it, the timing has to align with their agendas and what they want and are ready to do. And sometimes it's done in an obvious way, where you just know they're keeping a couple from even uttering a word to each other because chemistry and feelings may come out before the show is ready to present them. An unfortunate aspect baked into CW shows. I hope they don't do this with either Nace or Fanson. Time isn't on their side. And the Drew Crew as a whole is too vital to the show.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
And sometimes it's done in an obvious way, where you just know they're keeping a couple from even uttering a word to each other because chemistry and feelings may come out before the show is ready to present them. An unfortunate aspect baked into CW shows.
I can't nod my head hard enough. But The CW in general usually does not take this long to put a couple together as a rule. Last season or not, the time is now for Nace.

Quote:
And the Drew Crew as a whole is too vital to the show.
They treated them like crap during Season 3 by shoving the goldfish in our faces.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Totally agree, and not more useless guest star love interests please