Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2022, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I remember thinking she was going to be a good villain based on how season 2 ended. I was disappointed.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Belated TFTNT! Been a busy last few days. Hope you all are doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
To sound like a broken record: Who does that?! A totally fake love scene between the main couple.
These writers apparently. It's not a new concept, other shows have done dream kisses or romantic moments. But they usually follow them up with something real and don't rely on the trope more than once. Nace's whole romantic story has revolved around this, save for the almost kiss at the end of the finale at Ace's place. I don't get it at all and I'm definitely more than a bit peeved by it. I really hope they turn things around next season.
Andrea ღ| Icon: Mine
Old 05-09-2022, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Andrea: How are you?

Quote:
These writers, apparently. It's not a new concept, other shows have done dream kisses or romantic moments. But they usually follow them up with something real and don't rely on the trope more than once. Nace's whole romantic story has revolved around this, save for the almost kiss at the end of the finale at Ace's place. I don't get it at all and I'm definitely more than a bit peeved by it. I really hope they turn things around next season.
It's definitely not a new concept, but it's usually something you see in a network procedural, not a CW show. Personally, I think they got bored/overwhelmed with the Tempe/Charity/Copperhead thing and decided to instead focus on this whole AU thing...again. They SHOULD have let them kiss for real before Tempe cursed them...but I guess that wasn't enough for them. Like...I appreciate a good slow burn...but enough's enough already. I actually want to see Nancy and Ace be a power couple already. IN REALITY. Not in another AU, dream sequence or sex nightmare. It's become annoying at this point...especially this last season with the goldfish.
"
___ACE ❤️NANCY___
Old 05-09-2022, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

S! I'm doing okay, how are you?

Yeah seriously, if they try to pull this again with Nancy and Ace next season, I'm not going to be happy. I'm already annoyed, but I'm going to give them another chance to turn it around. It's clear that they felt they went overboard with some of the supernatural stuff and decided in the finale to go back to a simpler format (wish another certain show would do that ). So hopefully that continues next season.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I'm doing okay. I'm pretty tired and will probably be going to bed soon.

I feel like Season 4 could be SUCH A GOOD SEASON if they actually write it and pace it well. There's no reason why Nancy and Ace cannot work together to break the curse by midseason.

I've seen other people criticize the pacing, but still think the writers write Nace well? Ummm okay. If that's true explain 3x10. Explain why they had to shove the goldfish in my face. Explain why Nancy acted OOC so she could go into the closet with a dude she barely knows. Explain why they had to have TWO MORE AU sequences with them instead of giving us something real?! Season 3 in general was incredibly disappointing. Way too disjointed and way too obsessed with a random older man for TEENAGE Nancy who was already in love with someone. I could go on and on, but I feel like a broken record these days.

Quote:
I'm already annoyed
I'll NEVER forgive them for the dumpster fire known as 3x10. Never.
"
___ACE ❤️NANCY___

Last edited by broken crown; 05-09-2022 at 09:25 PM
Old 05-09-2022, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
I've seen other people criticize the pacing, but still think the writers write Nace well? Ummm okay. If that's true explain 3x10. Explain why they had to shove the goldfish in my face. Explain why Nancy acted OOC so she could go into the closet with a dude she barely knows. Explain why they had to have TWO MORE AU sequences with them instead of giving us something real?! Season 3 in general was incredibly disappointing. Way too disjointed and way too obsessed with a random older man for TEENAGE Nancy who was already in love with someone. I could go on and on, but I feel like a broken record these days.
I'm still scratching my head over those that think 3x10 was a good Nace episode. In what way? Outside of a few good moments like the hug and when Ace finally got through to Nancy, it was a pile of OOC garbage. Easily the worst in the series for me.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Because some people just overlook everything else and are just like Nace!!!! (Or they were just obsessed with JHK OR they believed Nancy needed to sleep with someone else to make Ace suffer because he was recently with Amanda). Regardless if it makes sense or not. I mean I thought the Nace stuff was even kind of weak except the implications that they're soulmates and the hug at the end. But does that really make up for the OOC characterization of Nancy and Bess? Nancy REALLY thought that Ace stood her up when HE TEXTED HER???? She wasn't even worried that something happened to him when they LIVE in HB?!?!!? Or how she IMMEDIATELY tried to hook up with Park for reasons???!!? It just...doesn't make sense to me and I hate every single second of it. Two minutes of Nace-ness doesn't erase the rest of the crappy episode and it NEVER will!

It's like the writers NEEDED Nancy to have sex with someone because feminism??? Why not cut the BS and let Nancy actually BE with her soulmate?? It's ridiculous already! 3x10 was an insult to my intelligence. Heck 3x08-3x10 were! IDK how ANYONE can watch those three episodes multiple times.
"
___ACE ❤️NANCY___
Old 05-09-2022, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I don't get how nancy being with her soulmate isn't feminism.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Andrea: How are you?

It's definitely not a new concept, but it's usually something you see in a network procedural, not a CW show. Personally, I think they got bored/overwhelmed with the Tempe/Charity/Copperhead thing and decided to instead focus on this whole AU thing...again. They SHOULD have let them kiss for real before Tempe cursed them...but I guess that wasn't enough for them. Like...I appreciate a good slow burn...but enough's enough already. I actually want to see Nancy and Ace be a power couple already. IN REALITY. Not in another AU, dream sequence or sex nightmare. It's become annoying at this point...especially this last season with the goldfish.
I mean I know many shows have done sex dreams, but it's always a big part of the episode and it's no more than once. Even a procedural wouldn't do it that many times. I don't watch AA, but I know Olivia and Spencer had a WTWT situation for multiple seasons, but even they shared their first real kiss in 3x07. But that ship involved the typical prime time teen soap tropes. Hell, even Jack and Amanda kissed for the first time in S1 of "Revenge." Like you said. "Nancy Drew" isn't even that type of show.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 05-10-2022 at 12:37 PM
Old 05-10-2022, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I reserve the right to change my opinion after these last two episodes of AA...but Spencer and Olivia are actually written by writers who actually are about writing them as a couple. They set them up perfectly and are allowing them the time and space to figure things out together. They had their other LIs and then finally got together.

With Nace...it's like the writers NEED Nancy to sleep with multiple (older) men because of feminism? Because of the plot? I don't know why exactly to be honest. Why not just put her and Ace together already so they can handle PLOTS a couple?!? It's going to be Season 4. It's time for the slow burn...so actually burn.

It's time to give other characters like Nick and George random plot filler LIs. They're the only two characters on the show that have never had guest star LIs. Let someone else set up the plots.
"
___ACE ❤️NANCY___
Old 05-10-2022, 07:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes, the writers of AA followed the classic tropes. On this show. Ace and his girlfriend break up and he and Nancy don't even kiss and both are single. It's let's still hook Nancy up with an older dude. We have only 13 episodes and we're going to waste it on crap.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Ace and his girlfriend break up and he and Nancy don't even kiss and both are single.
This was such a weird, weird storyline choice. Plus, like Amanda was BARELY mentioned and it wasn't like something Nancy was really angsting particularly about?

But we all know why things didn't happen immediately after the break-up. Because the writers were OBSESSED with some lopsided love triangle with the goldfish. Like they basically just stuffed him into their storyline FOR NO REASON. *SIGH*
"
___ACE ❤️NANCY___
Old 05-10-2022, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah season 3 was kind of a huge mess. Nancy not climbing Ace like a tree the second she found out he was single was a major missed opportunity, not to mention her not even caring when he was missing.

I hope they turn it around for season 4.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Nancy not climbing Ace like a tree the second she found out he was singlewas a major missed opportunity, not to mention her not even caring when he was missing.
This is DEFINITELY a visual!

Season 3 in general just felt very plot driven. And when they couldn't get the characters exactly where they wanted them by a certain point in the season they brought out the truth serum and wrote Nancy (and Bess) incredibly OOC.
"
___ACE ❤️NANCY___
Old 05-10-2022, 09:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Like come on! You allow her to have a wet dream and she doesn't jump on him as soon as Amanda is gone for good? *Insert every classic blank stare gif*
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top