Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2022, 07:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

It's all apples to oranges anyway. We don't know what kind of streaming numbers ND brings in vs other shows. Linear ratings mean nothing. ND was ALSO on Friday nights. But there's so much more to renewals than overnight ratings on TV. Like which studio produces the show, the social media presence, ownership status (like Netflix VS The CW streaming/HBO Max), the fact that ND has a spin-off, etc.

Last edited by broken crown; 03-24-2022 at 08:50 PM
Old 03-24-2022, 10:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
I know...but if DC doesn't want them to use anything "Bat", they might not have a choice. Also, the show was kinda wrapped up with only a tiny cliffhanger at the end. I don't know much about Naomi other than it's been shedding viewers every week and the CW has pulled the plug on floundering one season shows. I'm just not sure anymore exactly what the CW is going to do.
My theory is if it gets cancelled. It's because WB wants to invest in Gotham Knights and two Batman related shows is overkill, especially since the new possible show is not a spin off. It takes place on a different earth. Plus, they're developing a Colin Farrell Penguin (from The Batman) spin off for HBO Max. So if Batwoman is cancelled. That's why. At least that's my theory at the moment. I wonder how serious they are about GK given they cast Misha Collins as Harvey Dent? Jared has Walker, Jensen is involved in that SPN prequel and now Misha on GK. If both of the last two are ordered to series. They have the men of SPN back on the CW. No truer words have ever been spoken.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I've been reading many, many comments all over social media and various websites and some people really are super clueless about the business of TV.
They are. There are so many unknowns in terms of bat woman.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Any word on when they go back to filming? And if we are getting more episodes this season?
Old 03-25-2022, 05:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiobhanJW (View Post)
Any word on when they go back to filming? And if we are getting more episodes this season?
They haven't officially revealed any of this info yet, but Larry Teng (one of the executive producers) said in an IG post "See you in the Fall" or something like that. So, I'm guessing it'll be back in Fall 2022. I'm guessing they will go back into production in July maybe? We should know more in the coming weeks.

ETA:

This is also a good article on the early renewals and stuff about the CW being sold.

Last edited by broken crown; 03-25-2022 at 06:08 PM
Old 03-25-2022, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah fall would be a pretty realistic timeline I think.

For Tom Swift news!
Old 03-25-2022, 08:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I'm very excited about Tom Swift and I'm super glad we got a release date even if it's still over two months away.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:50 PM
Addicted Fan

THR calls Kung Fu and Nancy Drew surprise early renewals. Us fans and even the cast and crew have talked about how the series fanbase has grown over the seasons. The fan base was definitely smaller when I watched S1 live. It makes you feel like you're the only one watching and you alone cannot save a show. Lol, I said please let more people discover the show and they did. I'm proud it was renewed along side shows like The Flash, Superman & Lois and All American. ETA: Speaking of Google feeds. Isn't it annoying when the same freaking articles keep popping up from various websites? Lol, I swear I've seen the renewal news a hundred times already! I click "Hide Story."

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 03-25-2022 at 11:43 PM
Old 03-26-2022, 08:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
THR calls Kung Fu and Nancy Drew surprise early renewals. Us fans and even the cast and crew have talked about how the series fanbase has grown over the seasons. The fan base was definitely smaller when I watched S1 live. It makes you feel like you're the only one watching and you alone cannot save a show. Lol, I said please let more people discover the show and they did. I'm proud it was renewed along side shows like The Flash, Superman & Lois and All American. ETA: Speaking of Google feeds. Isn't it annoying when the same freaking articles keep popping up from various websites? Lol, I swear I've seen the renewal news a hundred times already! I click "Hide Story."
I saw the surprise renewals comment and I'm like...maybe to you it was... I never doubted it would get renewed. It honestly felt like a bit of a dig because The CW caught them off guard by renewing ND and KF alongside the other five.

I'm excited for Kung Fu too because I had caught up with that show last summer right before S1 ended.

I actually do wonder if they are going to make everyone wait until May for the rest of the shows. I'm sure news will trickle out before that though. I still think Legends will get renewed...probably for a final season. The 4400 will probably be cancelled. The rest I'm not 100% sure about yet.

ETA:

I caught up at the very end of S1 right before 1x17 aired. I was desperate to find people to talk to about the show. That's why I bullied Shu and Andrea into watching. The fandom was DEAD. And then all of a sudden like towards the end of S2...it came ALIVE. It was definitely a slow burn though. But it's unbelievable how big and crazy it's become.

Last edited by broken crown; 03-26-2022 at 09:06 AM
Old 03-26-2022, 01:44 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm sure they now thank you. To be honest, I don't even remember a lot of promo leading up to the premiere. I know "Batwoman" of course was talked about a lot. It's always more fun to actually have a very active fanbase to discuss your favorite shows with. I should have visited the sub Reddit more during S1. But I bet it wasn't as popular as it is now either. My parents watch Kung Fu. What's hilarious about my mom is she once said she would never watch reboots of her favorite shows. She now watches Charmed, Walker, Kung Fu, Magnum P.I., and Bel Air.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I watched both the Batwoman and ND pilots when they aired. I loved the Batwoman pilot and decided to keep watching...but I wasn't that sold on the ND one especially since I thought Nancy/Nick lacked chemistry and didn't want to be subjected to their "epic love". So I decided to table the show until later to see if it got better. Good thing it did (although it has regressed a bit in S3 at times). It was my sister who told me to start watching again during Christmas, but I didn't actually start watching again until late March 2020. I watched it completely in a bubble and did not think Nace would be a thing when I picked up on it. I was soooo shocked and thrilled it was THE SHIP.
Old 03-27-2022, 01:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I watched both the Batwoman and ND pilots when they aired. I loved the Batwoman pilot and decided to keep watching...but I wasn't that sold on the ND one especially since I thought Nancy/Nick lacked chemistry and didn't want to be subjected to their "epic love". So I decided to table the show until later to see if it got better. Good thing it did (although it has regressed a bit in S3 at times). It was my sister who told me to start watching again during Christmas, but I didn't actually start watching again until late March 2020. I watched it completely in a bubble and did not think Nace would be a thing when I picked up on it. I was soooo shocked and thrilled it was THE SHIP.
Even though I wasn't feeling Nick and Nancy. I wanted to zone out on all of their scenes, but I decided to stick with it. Then Owen showed up and I said well at least she has chemistry with him. I enjoyed her flirting with Owen because at least it was better than Nancy and Nick. If Nace didn't show potential and never happened. I don't know. I already spent ten years with Smallville. Seven of those seasons were wasted on one of the worst ships known to man. I HATED Lana and Clana. I said I'm never doing that again and I meant it. I loved Clark and Lois, but too much film was wasted on hot garbage. Just terrible writing. And it's not like ND has brilliant writing to distract me from Nick and Nancy. So, I would have eventually dropped the show. I cannot get anyone in my family to watch the show, though.
Old 03-27-2022, 04:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Then Owen showed up and I said well at least she has chemistry with him. I enjoyed her flirting with Owen because at least it was better than Nancy and Nick.
This is exactly how I feel! In fact, Owen is the only other one of Nancy's LIs that I actually liked (even if it was for a little bit...and this was before I got Nace brain). And I only liked Laura for Ace and again that was before my Nace brain.

The only things I need going back into the show was Nancy had some other LI (because I saw on TVLine when he was cast) and that there was some huge twist after 1x16 because all these articles came out after that episode. I didn't spoil myself on purpose because I knew I was going to watch again soon. I'm so glad I didn't.

Quote:
And it's not like ND has brilliant writing to distract me from Nick and Nancy. So, I would have eventually dropped the show.
Old 03-27-2022, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Throwback to when I thought Owen and Nancy's age gap was bad
Old 03-27-2022, 09:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold-steps (View Post)
Throwback to when I thought Owen and Nancy's age gap was bad
I honestly thought he was like 30...so I kept saying how I thought it was weird...but at least he wasn't her boss or the police chief.