Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2022, 08:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Thanks for the transcript. I really appreciate it because I never would have watched it tbh.

A comment under the cut because it's a slight rant:

Spoiler:
Old 03-19-2022, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I didn't describe that very well, by unexpected pairing they meant like someone we don't see much of them with already so I think that's why she said Nick and not anything about Ace (though we haven't seen a ton of her with Ace so I get where you're coming from). And I'm guessing what she meant by "different places" was now that they're not into each other anymore and have had different romantic relationships since then, so I do think she meant platonically. People would flip if they go back to that after teasing Nace and the people who like Fanson wouldn't like it either. The DC's romantic overlap is already a bit much, so Nancy going back to Nick would make it too weird.

It is a little weird that Nace didn't come up at all since that is definitely what drives the fandom and I think they all know that. I kept waiting for it or something about Nancy's love story but....nada.
Old 03-19-2022, 09:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Okay that's a relief because yeah that wouldn't end well. Not for the show...not for the fandom...and not for the characters.

I mean sure Nancy could work with Nick for an episode or something...but 99% of the fanbase cares about Nancy and Ace. That's what drives the fandom. And what I was under the impression would be the driving force of Season 4. At least that's what they said in the post-finale interviews...that Season 4 would be framed around their curse.

Because let's face it. If the show gets renewed, it'll probably only be for 13 episodes. They're absolutely horrible at pacing, but Ace is going to figure it out pretty fast and maybe Nancy will deny it for a couple of episodes...but as soon as they're both on the same page wouldn't it make sense for them to work together to try to break it, so they can be together? That really doesn't leave a lot of room for other romantic entanglements. And messing with the sanctity of the Drew Crew? Especially since it's not going to take a rocket scientist to figure out something happened...would be DUMB. They'd have to make everyone really dumb to think that would be a good idea...even an ONS or something. Time just moves TOO slowly.

Honestly, I'd rather see Nick and Ace in a storyline together since we rarely ever seen them. Or Ace and George? Or even the three girls together?
Old 03-19-2022, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

It just felt like the whole thing was focused more on the burns. The nick comment was definitely about sharing scenes with someone you normally don’t. I don’t see that being revisited at all.
Old 03-20-2022, 01:13 AM
Addicted Fan

I seen some tweets mentioning Noga or Melinda killing the idea of a musical episode, which I totally understand and love! I have also seen tweets about Alex being a former ballet dancer. Unless those tweets were related to something else? Thanks for the transcripts. I'm just not in the mood to listen to it. We have no issues with Nancy having sex. It's who they choose for her to have sex with and the fact that the timeline is ridiculously slow. The pilot sex scene will remain one of the most ridiculous ones ever aired on television. I still don't remember her putting underwear back on after leaving Nick's place. Anyone ever read the full pilot script? I cannot find a free pdf no where online, but someone on eBay is selling both the first draft and the network revisited one for 35 dollars. It's 55 pages.
Old 03-20-2022, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Girls not burns.
Old 03-20-2022, 08:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Anyone ever read the full pilot script? I cannot find a free pdf no where online, but someone on eBay is selling both the first draft and the network revisited one for 35 dollars. It's 55 pages.
Yes. I've read it. We've talked about it at length last year when it first started surfacing. Some parts of it are completely different from what happened on screen...like Ace's character was WAY LESS important than the actual version that aired. In this draft, he wasn't even working for McGinnis. He had a much different ending scene.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken crown (View Post)
Yes. I've read it. We've talked about it at length last year when it first started surfacing. Some parts of it are completely different from what happened on screen...like Ace's character was WAY LESS important than the actual version that aired. In this draft, he wasn't even working for McGinnis. He had a much different ending scene.
Thanks for the link.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

You're welcome! Let me know what you think of the OG script.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I will, but it may not be this month, though. Remember we live on Earth 1. Time flies. Nancy Drew lives on Earth 666. One day is 100 hours.
Old 03-22-2022, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

The CW Renews All American, The Flash, King Fu, Nancy Drew, Riverdale, Superman & Lois and Walker

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 03-22-2022 at 04:19 PM
Old 03-22-2022, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Finally!
Old 03-22-2022, 03:57 PM
Addicted Fan

About freaking time! Y'all we can finally just focus on the fun again.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

So happy!
Old 03-22-2022, 06:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Thought this was important to highlight from the press release:

Quote:
Mark Pedowitz, Chairman and CEO of the CW Network, said: β€œAs we prepare for the 2022-23 season, these scripted series, along with the alternative series we renewed earlier, will serve as the start of a solid foundation utilizing some of our most-watched series for us to build on for next year and beyond. These dramas are also important to our overall digital strategy, as they are some of our most-streamed and socially engaged programming, and we look forward to adding more new and returning series to help strengthen and expand our multiplatform footprint.”