Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Post count thread - 50K here we come!

OK, the policy of counting posts has been changed. Here you got the new one (posted at the moderators board):

Quote:
We’re doing away with official post counts, and in time, we plan to install a program that will display the post counts for each message board every week right on a page here that will rank all the message boards by post count. I see doing something like this as being positive motivation, because you and your posters will be able to see how you’re doing and you can monitor your boards yourself along with us.

In the meantime, over the last few weeks, we checked the post counts on all of the message boards here to get an idea of how the boards are doing here.

Please find below the post counts that we took over the last three weeks for every message board here at Fan Forum, with the exception of the boards in the Help & Support category, which are permanently exempt from post counting requirements. Any board that didn’t meet a post count of at least 100 posts per board per week any time during this three week period have been identified in red.

We’ve come up with a list of boards that either didn’t meet the minimum post count requirement here, or that came close to not meeting the minimum post count requirement here, and we're posting this list to try and help these boards, and hopefully you can all try to come up with ideas to try and improve traffic on these boards. We’re going to continue to monitor the traffic on the boards on this list on a regular basis, and any board that has less than 100 posts per week four times in a given three month period will be closed, and we’ll be applying that same rule once you get to monitor your boards yourselves.

We won’t be doing post counts until early March to give you all the chance to “rally the troops” and do what you can to increase traffic on your boards. We will resume doing post counting on March 6, and we will post the counts for each board on the Message Boards That Will Be Monitored list every week until the software that will allow weekly post counts is installed.

Please don’t think of what we’re doing as any type of threat. We want all the message boards at Fan Forum to remain here, and we’re giving you all the opportunity to improve the traffic on your boards so they can remain here. We're very pleased that so many boards are doing well here, and we want to help the boards that aren't doing well. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them here. Thanks.
And this is our recount:

James Van Der Beek
Week 1: = 102
Week 2: = 93
Week 3: = 110

As you can see, we're almost there, we only failed one week and only for 7 posts. So I just wanted to let you know. Keep posting ppl!

Last edited by Chase.This.Light; 07-25-2008 at 03:06 PM Reason: title change
Old 02-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Total Fan

Thank you so much for letting us know about the post counts Beatriz

Even though our boy hasn't been on the stage since the show is gone it's great to see James's fans still don't give up on him. I believe we can keep this thread alive.Come on people i know we can do that.After all we're James Fans!!! Nothing can stop us!

Nagihan
Old 02-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

I agree Nagi, we can do it

I know I'v ebeen MIA the last couple of weeks, That is because I have been working on my carnival costumes. But now I'm back
Old 02-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Thank you so much for the update bea! I, as well will try my best. I will definally post every weekend and try to post everyday unless i am out of town or im not feeling very well, or school gets in the way, i really love this board and i want to keep it up.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Thank you Britney

Just a clarification though: I don't want anyone to feel obligated to post in here, and you know, to put themselve an schedule to come and post and calculate how many posts per week they have to write. I just want ppl to be aware of the situation, and that means that when you're feeling too lazy to pot, if you wanna keep this board running, you better move your lazy a$$ and actually POST instead of just thinking about it
Old 02-08-2005, 04:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I do anything to keep this thread alive
Old 02-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

thanx for the update i'll make sure this thread stays alive..

keep the faith always

regards
taubmas80 - djalways - Aussie DJer
Old 03-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll try my best, I don't hear much of James anymore apart from watching DC
Old 03-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Total Fan

Thanks to everyone
Old 03-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Total Fan

i just want you to know this.

Quote:
We will begin doing post counts for the following boards starting on March 6. We will post the weekly post counts here every Sunday starting on March 13, and any board that doesn’t meet the minimum post count requirement of 100 posts per week four times over a three month period will be closed

this is posted at the moderators board.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I see that you've been reminded that the post counts started last Sunday. Tomorrow will be the end of the first week. We don't like closing boards, but it's important to the Management Team that this website remain current and fresh. Active, thriving message boards are the best indication that we're providing an inviting place to people to come and discuss their interests.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

got it..

common guys lets keep this forum alive!!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 03:27 AM
Total Fan

I just want you to know how we did in the first and second post count weeks...and great relief to see these:

The First Week
James Van Der Beek - 11,840 - 12,085 Post Count = 245

The Second Week
James Van Der Beek: 12,085 - 12,314 Post Count = 229

Congrats to all the posters at the JVDB board,you've just been amazing!
Old 03-26-2005, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, thank you everybody! It's pretty dificult to keep a board alive when there is not much to talk about the actr, lol. But now that he has a new TV show in the works, hopefully we will be getting new material and info on him soon

And in the meantime, we just have fun playing around here
Old 03-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Aww, yea! We're good. lol. I was a little worried, but we made it. Thanks for the update Nag.