Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-31-2010, 10:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey Jen, welcome back

I watched the infamous scene between the two actresses in the movie online so that I'd see what the hype was about but it just felt blah to me...guess I won't be seeing the movie

As for tonight, I'll just be happy to stay in, it already feels like WWIII outside with all the loudfireworks...so much for a recession

Michael and I just returned from a lovely New Year's dinner and are equipped with enough DVDs and food so we should be fine

A friend of mine is on her honeymoon right now in Thailand. Kinda envy her, I wouldn't mind higher temperatures

What about everyone else?

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 01-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Sounds like you had a nice and relaxing nye dora!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Ugh, anyone else's 2011 already started being rubbish?

*is down with a cold* I'm starting to think this ain't gonna be a much better year pout:

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 01-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

That sucks Jen I was also a bit ill during the holidays, wasn't very pleasant, especially since I had to work for most days as well...

But I've decided to take one week off as January is always a bit less busy than other months. You might know the place Jen, it's called Bled, the town with the lake and a small island in the middle. It's really crowded and expensive during summer but now it's low season and prices are 30 % lower than usual. I've got a room facing the lake so I am sure I'll enjoy it

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
Old 01-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Sounds really nice Dora!!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Aww, I'd love to go see that place again so pretty!

Old 01-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

It is and the weather is lovely these days as well (too bad it's cold as well but if you walk you get warm fast ). According to the weather forecast it should rain tomorrow, hope that's not the case...if it is, the hotel has an indoor pool and a massage centre so I can hang inthere...

I am taking pictures which I'll upload when I get back so that you all get to see where I am...

Old 01-05-2011, 04:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Jen I was sick too all weekend I thought it was from getting all wet in the snow shower last Thursday when I was trying to get my car unstuck but it sounds like a lot of people are sick lately.

I spent my free time lately fixing the brakes on my truck that's why I wasn't here but it's fixed and I'm not sick anymore so life is good for now.

Dora it sounds cool have fun.

Kimberly
that's a cool James Icon you made there it really stands out nice job.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Luke

Dora, a massage sounds lovely
Old 01-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Katie got another magazine cover.

Katie Holmes: Suri’s Got an Eye for Fashion | Katie Holmes : Just Jared

Quote:
Katie Holmes: Suri's Got an Eye for Fashion

Katie Holmes strikes a pose in a top from her Holmes & Yang line and Hermes pants on the cover of Elle’s February issue, on newsstands January 17.

Here’s what the 32-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On filming The Kennedys: “I worked as hard as I could, because I loved [Jackie Kennedy]. On set there was this feeling that we had to create something very special, because these people were very special.”

On admiring Jackie’s strength:
“I didn’t realize that she had lost a child in August and then [Jack] was assassinated in November. I couldn’t believe it. She had so much strength….I loved her love of family, how important it was for her to be a good mother.”

On Suri’s shopping style:
“The other day we came out of a store, and she said, ‘I want to go there,’ pointing at another store quite a distance away. In that store was the dress that she wanted. I said, ‘Wow, Suri. You’re something. You picked that out from a football field away.’”

On getting fashion advice from Suri: “She’ll really tell me [what she thinks]. Like today I’m wearing brown suede pants, and she said, ‘I don’t like your pants.’ But then she’ll say, ‘You’ve got to wear these shoes.’ Or ‘That’s so pretty, Mom. Wear that.’ She’s got a great eye.”

On not letting the attention from the paparazzi get to her:
“I don’t worry so much. It is what it is, and it’s fine. I’ll go somewhere because I need to get something done.”

Katie looks cute on the cover and I like all the rest too she's vary SEXY.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Looking good

And I love the interview. A lot of people keep rolling their eyes at Suri and the fashion thing, but the thing is, kids are like that and it's so adorable.

Also, I didn't know that about Jackie and the baby they lost

Old 01-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Still extremely sexy!! Can't wait to buy the issue!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

LUUKE!!!!!! they've canceled the kennedys mini series on the history channel! We've been looking forward to that for like ever now and there was so much good media around it I'm really really upset. This couldve given Katie an Emmy win...or at least a nomination

History Channel cancels 'The Kennedys' miniseries - USATODAY.com
Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I seen that last night Kimberly but was down so i never posted it. This sucks I don't get it ether I mean didn't the history channel know what they were making?

Because this is the article I looked at last night.

Quote:
A&E shoots down 'The Kennedys' miniseries, starring Greg Kinnear, Katie Holmes; wasn't a good fit

Read more: A&E shoots down 'The Kennedys' miniseries, starring Greg Kinnear, Katie Holmes; wasn't a good fit

A&E Television Network pulled the plug on Camelot.

The controversial miniseries "The Kennedys" was shot down Friday after the network decided it wasn't a good fit for the History Channel, which was going to air it this spring, The Hollywood Reporter reported.

"Upon completion of the production of The Kennedys, History has decided not to air the 8-part miniseries on the network," a History Channel spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. "While the film is produced and acted with the highest quality, after viewing the final product in its totality, we have concluded this dramatic interpretation is not a fit for the History brand."

Developed by the conservative co-creator of "24" Joel Surnow, the multi-million dollar project boasted plenty of star power with Greg Kinnear as John F. Kennedy and Katie Holmes as Jackie Onassis. Barry Pepper and Tom Wilkinson rounded out the cast as Robert F. Kennedy and Joe Kennedy, respectively.

The actors were all informed of the cancelation Friday afternoon.

The project, which was the most expensive program ever in network history, was faced with controversy since its announcement in December 2009.

A former advisor to President Kennedy told the New York Times in February that an early script was "vindictive."

"Every single conversation with the president in the Oval Office or elsewhere in which I, according to the script, participated, never happened," Theodore C. Sorensen told The Times.

Filmmaker Robert Greenwald echoed Sorensen's comments in February, saying that the miniseries was "political character assassination."

At the time, The History Channel and A&E said the script had been revised and was more accurate than samples read by Sorensen and Greeenwald.

The miniseries is still set to air in Canada on March 6 and then internationally.
It sound like what they got as a finished product was not what they were expecting wouldn't you think they would make sure they know what's going on I mean the article says it was "the most expensive program ever in network history".

I feel bad for Katie she said in that Elle’s magazine interview the other day “I worked as hard as I could, because I loved [Jackie Kennedy]. On set there was this feeling that we had to create something very special, because these people were very special.” Katie was working all summer on this.

trailer

^^ I really think Katie could have had a really good chance at an award for this she really looks the part and we all know she is an amazing actor. but now we will never know?

It said "The miniseries is still set to air in Canada on March 6" so I'm just going to down load it then cuz I want to see it even my mom wanted to see it she's really into political history.

Oh I almost forgot I found 2 more Elle’s magazine photo-shoot pictures.

Katie Holmes’ Sexy Elle Photo Shoot | GossipCenter - Entertainment News Leaders
^^ This link has all of them the one's I posted before and these two.

^^ Look at her legs. She's Just SEXY as hell.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Love the new pics! I think I may work on a James and Katie manip with them later

I don't get it either...you'd think they would clear up the issues before they go and film it. Do u think we'll be able to download it somewhere? Road trip to canada may be in order...

I hope another network picks it up...a network that I get too. There's been too much hype and too much work put into this for it to die and Katie seemed really proud of this role too.