Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Hence the "or whatever it's called". I couldn't for he life of me remember

Gah, it's cold outside, I don't like this I like the snow, but does it have to be -2? *grumbles*

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 12-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

More snow, not too excited about the shoveling and icy roads part

I wanted to come over yesterday to post about The Romantics, but didn't work So if anyone would like to know more about the movie, let me know, and I'll post my comments on it. How do you make spoiler tags?

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Love snow, hate ice.

yes yes yes!!! i wanna know about the Romantics! But i wanna see it too, so try not to give too much away? maybe just what you thought about the storyline and the cast?? spoiler tags are [*sp*] [*/*sp] without the stars
Old 12-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
Old 12-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

ahh, Adam Brody Glad you liked it Dora I think we heard that the ending doesn't resolve anything...was this really the case (without giving too much away) and did that bother you?

such a stressful day today trying to recover.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't quite understand the point of his character, but he was funny nevertheless

I actually liked the ending, it didn't resolve the triangle as such, but I found it appropriate as things were only beginning to get resolved so I felt that if they had gone the route of the guy picking this or that, that it wouldn't have been realistic. The movie does depict merely one day and night, so I think any other ending would've been forced. And ultimately you understood where the story was taking you when you saw the characters that remained on the screen...

So to me the ending was okay, it gave food for thought so to speak, that you could try to come up with scenarios what happens next in your head...I like such challenging endings sometimes

Man, it's hard to talk in code

Old 12-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

you did a good job with it Dora. thanks!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Are ‘Vampire Diaries” Damon And Elena The New Pacey And Joey?

On last night's totally intense episode of "The Vampire Diaries," poor Stefan (Paul Wesley) got stuck in a tomb with Katherine (Nina Dobrev) and made Damon (Ian Somerhalder) promise to protect Elena. Damon, of course, didn't hesitate to accept, and as he walked away, Katherine hissed that Stefan had made pretty much the biggest mistake of his life.

I didn't make much of what Katherine said until this morning when I realized that I've seen this happen before. No, not in my life (if only it were that exciting), but on another show that I used to literally run home to watch every week: "Dawson's Creek." You see, today it's Stefan-Elena-Damon, but back then it was Dawson-Joey-Pacey. The latter triangle combined with Katherine's ominous words could provide some serious hints about what's to come for our favorite "TVD" threesome.

Now, on the surface "TVD" and "DC" could not be more different. "TVD" is all about vampires, action and crazy plot twists, while "DC" was firmly rooted in (human) teenage angst (although "Vampire Diaries" has no shortage of emotion!). But the two series, produced a decade apart, have one big thing in common: Kevin Williamson.

Kevin is the creator and a writer for both series, and if we learned anything from "DC" it's that no one does a triangle quite like he does. For those of you who didn't watch (you so missed out), "Dawson's Creek" started off with the relationship between Dawson (James Van Der Beek) and Joey (Katie Holmes), two best friends who fell in love. Of course, they weren't without their problems, and not long into their relationship they split up, prompting Dawson to turn to his best friend Pacey (Joshua Jackson) (who constantly bickered with Joey) to watch after his girl. Sound somewhat familiar? Yeah, that's what I thought too. Side note: If Stefan is Dawson, Elena is Joey and Damon is Pacey, does that mean Katherine is Jen (Michelle Williams)?!

So what ends up happening between Pacey and Joey as he's watching after her? Their love-hate relationship turns to...well, just love (even though they both try to resist, sort off). They go through their rough patches as well, and over the years Joey wavers between Dawson and Pacey (not to mention countless other boys), until the series finale, when she finally declares that it was Pacey all along.

Again, the entire Pacey-Joey story really took off once Dawson asked Pacey to watch after Joey, so has Stefan made the same mistake? The similarities are certainly pretty striking. That being said, Stefan is no Dawson Leery, and while he and Elena had the break-up talk a few episodes back, they seem to be headed back in the right direction. So we're not getting too comfortable with our theory. After all, this is Kevin Williamson we're talking about here, and we doubt the master of plot twists will play a story the same way twice.
What do you think? Was last night's "Vampire Diaries" episode the beginning of a relationship (or maybe just a renewed chemistry-filled friendship) between Damon and Elena? Do you see the similarities with "Dawson's Creek"?
DE's story has always reminded me of Pacey and Joey. Hence the reason I don't like them. And last week Stefan asked Damon to watch over Elena for him. I could slap Kevin in the head for that. It's Dawson's Creek but the only difference is that there's vampires and werewolves! Funny thing is, Kevin wasn't responcible for how PJ came together. It wasn't Kevin who wrote that scene where Dawson asks Pacey to make sure Joey is ok and to watch out for her. But Kevin, in a way, has to take responcibility for that scene because he was the creator of the show. Like the article said, he wouldn't play the same storyline twice......would he? He didn't write it the first time, does that make it OK for him to use the DC script for TVD? God, I hope not. Otherwise, I'm watching TVD for the same reasons that I watched DC - for the moments we do get when the couple is together. I just want this to end right this time... If it doesn't, then I really don't even need to watch the show. I know what happens. I've seen it already.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcluv (View Post)
DE's story has always reminded me of Pacey and Joey. Hence the reason I don't like them. And last week Stefan asked Damon to watch over Elena for him. I could slap Kevin in the head for that. It's Dawson's Creek but the only difference is that there's vampires and werewolves! Funny thing is, Kevin wasn't responcible for how PJ came together. It wasn't Kevin who wrote that scene where Dawson asks Pacey to make sure Joey is ok and to watch out for her. But Kevin, in a way, has to take responcibility for that scene because he was the creator of the show. Like the article said, he wouldn't play the same storyline twice......would he? He didn't write it the first time, does that make it OK for him to use the DC script for TVD? God, I hope not. Otherwise, I'm watching TVD for the same reasons that I watched DC - for the moments we do get when the couple is together. I just want this to end right this time... If it doesn't, then I really don't even need to watch the show. I know what happens. I've seen it already.
I can't believe Kevin would use the lame season three DC writing It just seems so forced and predictable to do the have the other guy watch over his girlfriend so they can fall in love storyline.

Dora The romantics sounds good I didn't realize the movie is only one day and night and Katie in only bra and panties sound like a must see.

Did anyone see One Tree Hill tonight ?

The Brooke and Julian storyline was really good it was vary sad I thought that Brooke was really going to die and when Julian was able to bring her back to life I teared up a little.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

Luuuuuuuuukeeeee!!!! You're ALIVE!!!! Where were you??? I was seriously very worried! I even tried to do some sort of telepathy to get you back by posting a sexy katie pic on the D/Jo thread

omggg one tree hill! it was like old school OTH! loved it! i knew sophia wasn't leaving the show, so i didn't get emotional...but i was worried for a little bit there if OTH knows how to do one thing, it's car crashes i wonder how many there's been on the show so far.....25??
Old 12-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Luke - she is fully dressed most of the time though

I haven't watched OTH in like forever, I felt it got really bad throughout the years. But I guess I should tune in again

Old 12-08-2010, 03:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_kitten (View Post)
Luke - she is fully dressed most of the time though
^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_kitten (View Post)
I haven't watched OTH in like forever, I felt it got really bad throughout the years. But I guess I should tune in again
I only watch once and a while but it seems like this season is pretty good.

Quote:
Luuuuuuuuukeeeee!!!! You're ALIVE!!!! Where were you??? I was seriously very worried! I even tried to do some sort of telepathy to get you back by posting a sexy katie pic on the D/Jo thread

Yup I'm alive I was Busy with family for Thanksgiving and then I had to take my 14 year old brother Wade to some court hearings one of his friends got him mixed in with steeling a bike a few months back Wade didn't steel it he wasn't even with when it was stolen but wade gave his friend a can of paint to paint the bike and afterwords he found out it was stolen but it somehow makes wade an accomplice. it's over now but Wade had to plead guilty because his lawyer said she seen cases like this before and he could never win. it would just wast time and money trying to fight it. So we had to pay 200 dollars and wade has to write an apology to the bike owner for a bike he didn't even steel. The whole thing is just dumb my brother gets in trouble all the time and he never lies about it because he just doesn't give a *beep* so I know he is telling the truth when he said he didn't know the bike was stolen.

but What kept me away the start of this month was I dropped my old internet plan cuz they kept raising the price and the guy that put in my new line/internet router was booked all week but now I have a plan that is cheaper and is also a better connection.

Quote:
omggg one tree hill! it was like old school OTH! loved it! i knew sophia wasn't leaving the show, so i didn't get emotional...but i was worried for a little bit there if OTH knows how to do one thing, it's car crashes i wonder how many there's been on the show so far.....25??
Yeah and they got the whole getting shot with a gun thing down too.

Kimberly What do you think of Brooke and Julian ?

I like them now I didn't at first because their moments seem to Syrupy Sweet and lame like PJ in season 4 DC.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

Sorry to hear about all of the craziness with your brother! ugh...internet plans. glad everything's settled and you came out of it with a higher speed

Brooke and Julian.....he's growing on me. I've just accepted him. He's a really nice guy so if they wanna say he's the one for Brooke then ok.

Dora - I wouldn't hold your breath. This last episode was really good cuz it was like the old OTH. First time we've seen that in a long time. I doubt it will stay.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Extreme Fan

^^ One good thing about One Tree Hill though is it seems like the writers are slowly giving all the main characters a happy ending with someone.

How much snow Dose everyone have so far ?

We got about 7 inches on the ground.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Ours is gone. All we have on the street is a layer of glass-looking ice that would be amazing for ice skating if it was flat. As is, it's only good for broken arms & legs

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ