Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

The JVDB OT Thread #17: Because we do talk about more than just James....sometimes.

Carry on.

Oh, and I'll change the thread title if anyone has a better suggestion. I just thought of it in a hurry.

avi: Beatriz
Old 07-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

lol: Who is this James?
Old 07-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

I personally have no clue. Some guy.

So does anyone have any plans for the weekend? I can't WAIT until tomorrow. The new Twilight series book comes out. Breaking Dawn. I will be there at midnight to get it.

avi: Beatriz
Old 07-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Oh that's great news for all you Twilight gals.

I have to keep the children entertained while daddy's away. I suspect many picnics.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Aw that's great about Twilight. Have fun!

I'll be working the whole weekend again. I barely get to see my friends anymore. I'm afraid of drifting away from them to be honest. They're having all kinds of fun these days and I'm just stuck at work all the time.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 07-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

So recently I've come across this amazing song that I think you all should hear. It's called "The Goodbye Song" and in this video it is being preformed by John Gallagher Jr. And just a little Trivia, John won a Tony Award for his preformance of Mortiz in the Broadway show Spring Awakening.

YouTube - John Gallagher Jr.- The Goodbye Song @ Joe's Pub 2/11/08
Old 08-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Elite Fan

Brit: thanks for the link, will check out when I'm home...

Nora: Aww, will you get any weekends off at all?

Deb: Do you have any new pics?

Maddie: I knooow... I'm just hoping I won't have to wait too long, since officially we're not getting the book until Monday. *hopes for shop to ignore the embargo*

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 08-01-2008, 03:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

All you Twilight girls, enjoy I am just reading a book titled Other losses about German war prisoners' fate after the war (I suppose not your cup of tea ), gives you the shivers really...just like the book about Fascism in Yugoslavia I'm currently translating...

Anyway, if anyone would like to watch it and it's on (apparently the total should be around 7am ET/1pm CET), you can see the total solar eclipse live on this link:

Exploratorium: Total Solar Eclipse 2008 Live from China

We have some special glasses so we just watched the partial that you can see here but it was so little, that you could hardly see anything missing from the Sun...I haven't seen a total solar eclipse yet with my own eyes, hopefully someday...I've seen a total lunar though, amazing stuff (although you can get funny glares from people if you're standing staring at the sky in the middle of the night for hours )

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 08-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

Dora: Yeah, people seem to be puzzled by that kind of behaviour
What's the times for Europe for the eclipse?

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 08-01-2008, 04:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Jen either way, hope you enjoy the Twilight book It'll probably catch up with me when I'm at least expecting it

The eclipse was about 20 minutes ago, it was 1.10pm here, it was very short though so you had to catch it on the computer that moment... it was really beautiful, even a bit reddish...there should be pictures and videos online already...the partial was here about an hour ago, not sure when it was everywhere else...the total one was more to the north, Scandinavia, Grenland, northern Canada and such...

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 08-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Maddie

Oh, great news for the Twilight fans. That's why I kept seeing icons with 8.2.08. Then I thought 'won't the movie be released in December?" Now I know why the date.

Not sure about the weekend. I'll probably go visit my parents or hang out with our friends.

Brit, thanks for the link. Will check later

Nora

Dora, I saw pics of the eclipse, but since I'm in the south couldn't see it.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to have to get around to reading the first 3 twilight books.

I'm going to the cinema tonight yo see The X Files movie and Tracey's having a baby shower tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Aw a baby shower! How's the pregnancy going, Karen? Does she have names in mind for the baby?

Old 08-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, not sure I mentioned but she was due on the 29th but they're taking her in for a C-section on the 22nd. She's doing okay, tired mainly. but her maternity leave kicked in today and she has pretty swollen feet. As for names, she thinking Holly for a girl and Kieran Matthew for a boy.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMixelle (View Post)
Nora: Aww, will you get any weekends off at all?
Sadly no. Everyone has to work on weekends.

Karen, I love your sig. The song is beautiful.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco