Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The JVDB OT thread #16: Summer is coming and we have nothing to watch.

Bea, it's our 5 year anniversary! This time 5 years ago we had dinner!! And 5 years ago tomorrow 100,000 Celtic supporters desended on Sevilla. I tried to find our pic so I could post it, but it's not on the pc, must be on a disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nora* (View Post)
Aw, old stadiums are great, though. They have that nostalgic charm to them and it's sad to see that they're all being replaced for new modern arenas. I know I'll bawl my eyes out at the last game in our old stadium, which has been there since 1922. It's one of my favorite places on earth.
Do you know what old stadium I wasn't impressed with and thought I would be, the Camp Nou (I may have said this before). I expected it to be amazing but I thought it seemed very antiquated, for some reason i thought it was very like how i imagine the colluseum to be.

Nora, love the ring. Looks very pretty even in a blur.

Dora, I normally watch Eurovision, but I'm not sure I will this week. Too much political voting, Greece always give Cyprus 12 points and Turkey 10. And vice versa. Spain give to Portugal and blah blah. It used to be about to song, and now it's just...I have no words, did you see it when Finland won (i think) some mad viking weirdness.

It was Tommy Burns funeral today.

The memorial outside Celtic Park Fans say goodbye to one of Celtic's favourite sons.

Last edited by Chase.This.Light; 05-20-2008 at 02:10 PM
Old 05-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen H. (View Post)
Do you know what old stadium I wasn't impressed with and thought I would be, the Camp Nou (I may have said this before). I expected it to be amazing but I thought it seemed very antiquated, for some reason i thought it was very like how i imagine the colluseum to be.
I remember you telling me about it. I've never been there, but it sure looks gigantic on TV. Speaking of stadiums: the Allianz Arena in Munich is very impressive, at least from the outside:

Granted it looks like an inflatable boat, but when it shines like that it really takes your breath away for a sec. If Celtic ever play in Munich again (and kick their butts ), you should definitely go there. You were at the old Olympia Stadium some time ago, right?

Well, footie season is over and it starts again in August. AUGUST. I hate summer breaks.

Karen, still waiting to see a pic of you with your new haircut.

And that's so cool that so many people came to the funeral. He must've been very loved indeed.

Btw, my Celtic strip arrived yesterday.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 05-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

Be back when I got more to say except for: Weee Are The Chaaampiooons!!! (ManU, Champions League, football <- explanation)

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ
Old 05-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nora, you have to wear it tomorrow night to support us in our final game. League will be decided tomorrow. Did you watch the Man U game? It was the same bloody referee from when we were robbed by Porto 5 years ago. Diving all over the shop. You could go to watch the game tomorrow night, there's a Veltic supporters club in Dusseldorf which is near you on the map it's only 84.5 km – about 56 mins from Aachen

Jen, so glad ManU won. I had a bad feeling Ronaldo was going to miss as he walked to the goal.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Master Fan

Aw, I felt bad for Chelsea. It was a really close call. Most of all I felt bad for Ballack. And I don't like Ronaldo for some reason. Never have. Drogba is an idiot.

Still, congrats Jen!

Karen, I love Düsseldorf. Maybe the club has a website.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 05-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jen, I know it probably pales in comparison, but we won the league. And to thik we were written off with no hope 7-8 weeks ago...and even I had written them off. Such an emotional night, considering these past few weeks.

I only wish I could have had a wee drink to celebrate but turns out I couldn't given to the throwing up 3 times since I got home from work. But much better now.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Oooh, the Chelsea and ManU game was switched on at 4am here and I tried to pay attention but fell asleep and promptly awoke to my husband screaming (joyously) as his team won.

So that is my contribution to the football discussion.

Hope everyone is well - it's my youngest's fourth today so we're off to a theme park! Wheee!
Old 05-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

I have no football contribution lately. I kinda gave up on soccer, well...except for World Cups, of course.

Deb, congrats! Hope you've all have a great time!

I don't know if I mentioned, but I got my wedding album and it's so beautiful
Now I'm anxious for the video.

So, have you guys watched some season finales? It's like every show is ending.
House was heartbreaking, yet amazing. GA disappointed me in some ways.
Now I'll only have Lost and another dark hiatus...

Old 05-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

Happy belated annyversary Karen

We def need to meet again

Ok, so... back to work, talk to you later
Old 05-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Karen I skipped most of it this year as well as it's gotten really boring with all this voting business and you don't even have to know how to sing anymore I watched the first semi-finals to see how our song would do but the rest I only turned it on for a very short while...this used to be so much more fun, now it's just show imo...

Deb congrats to your little one Have fun with the family

Jen congrats on the win I still remember when I visited you all those years ago in Slovakia with all the stuff you had of ManU and then later in Ireland already... I personally will try to avoid the Euro champs (my bf is one of the very few men not to watch football...in my case I glad found one of those ones) but you guys watching it have fun and enjoy

Cris glad you got your wedding album...I watched the GA finale on my computer yesterday and I had mixed feelings as well...I have heard stuff about the Bones finale that makes me go I have yet to watch the Boston Legal finale on my computer - considering I think that show is great I believe the finale won't disappoint...it'll be odd without all these shows for a while...although it'll give me the time to watch them all during the summer on my DVD player...

Nora, Bea

Anyway, back to work...I've got this really interesting book on WWII here in Yugoslavia and the Italian role in it...for someone like me who likes politics, the perfect one Even though now the weather is getting nice and am often stuck at home

Wishing everyone a great day...

Dora

"Freedom"is having the right to live as you choose. It's not the right to choose how everyone else lives - JVDB
I am fighting for you, Ziva - Tony & Ziva
Old 05-26-2008, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

Sorry, I was in such a hurry before that I forgot to say:

Deb, have fun with your baby

Cris, the wedding album! Great

And as for now: Dora, it seems like a good reading, enjoy it!

OK, back to work
Old 05-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Deb, your husband supports Man U? Tell him I have been to Old Trafford altho that was about 14 years ago, And I've seen them when they play Celtic. I still love ManU but not as much as I did when I was in my early teens.

Dora, I watched eurovision and well, I'm not surprised at the voting. Altho i did like the song that won, but it still surprises me how some countries do well and other don't. I wasn't a huge fan of the Uk entry but it wasn't the worst. i decided to write down the countries whose songs i actually liked and there were about 8. I thought Poland was good and I keep humming part of Germany's yet both came last with the UK. The guy that does commentary for the bbc and has done it since 1970 says it's time for Western Europe to just quit it. I agree with this, given that it's no longer fair.

Cris, I'm curious to know what disappointed you in grey's. And I need to know how up to date you are with Criminla Minds and I think Bones too.

I think the only finale I've still to see is Lost.

Bea, Nora, Paula, Jen
Old 05-27-2008, 02:42 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the birthday wishes - I've decided that my children's birthdays are all about me cause after all I did the hard work We had an awesome day - speaking of theme parks, I wish we'd gotten to see DJ at one.

Cris, how exciting is it getting your wedding album! I bet it's just gorgeous, you had so many amazing pics. Waiting for the video must be hard to do. Is your sister getting some ideas?

Dora, I'm glad you've got a really interesting project and hope you make it outside!

Yep Karen, Phill has been a ManU fan forever - I missed Eurovision.

Bea, a for being busy at work.

And I have yet to watch any finales apart from The Office - cause I'm still in the land of anti-PJ thread preparations. Which ones are worth hunting down?
Old 05-27-2008, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Karen, IMO, the problem with Eurovision is that it is all about politic. That's why I loved Chikiliquatre. It's like: 'OK guys, this festival is such a joke, that this is the kind of song it deserves' Blah.

OK, that's my contribution for the day

Later!

PS: thank you Deb Btw, what is that about the anti P/J preparations

Oh, and YSB is about to finish. But they're gonna make a spin off without Bea (and without Álvaro, of course). Imagine that
Old 05-27-2008, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

Karen, about Grey's:
Spoiler:

I'm totally behind on Bones, but watched Criminal Minds' finale last Sunday. The only one I have left is Lost too.

For the Office fans, we haven't discussed the finale yet

Deb, glad you had a great time! BTW, the slideshow is the sweetest.
The album is gorgeous and so heavy
We're anxious for the video, because we had the pics with us for awhile, but we haven't seen any footage. The photographer said they have great material and it's going to be really good. I truly hope so.
My sister is getting some ideas, now that we have more experience. For now she is concentrated in her apartment. They're making some changes there...

Bea, so YSB is ending? How things have been so far?