Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Any luck?
Old 12-18-2011, 04:57 AM
New Fan

No doubt that it turns out to be a crappy movie, but hey, it's James van der Beek so that always peeks my interest. Having not much luck finding it though. His movies are almost as obscure as he is nowadays.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Hey Sean Bateman! It was pretty good....I wouldn't clasify it as crappy at all. You probably can't find it because it is a Lifetime Original Movie (made for TV). James isn't obscure so much anymore! Given he's not on the cover of every tabloid, but I think that's a good thing! You'll be seeing him on your TV this January in a new comedy Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 airing on ABC if you live in the states!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Twitter

amandyLynnn amanda lynn

Quote:
@vanderjames on chelsea is a MUSTTT see! "Have u spoken to katie?" "*Beep* no. I hate that bitch" haha love himmmm
I seen this promo on E yesterday too it was during the commercials and it showed a tiny preview of the next "After Lately" and that tweet is what was said between Chelsea Handler and James. I know it's a joke but my god.

Hopefully Katie can take a joke.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

I hope it's a joke...I don't like the joke
Old 12-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

James tweeted that his appearance on the After Lately Show is on January 1st....so is he on both the regular show and the after show then? I've never watched the after show so idk how it works.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Kimberly! I your icon...so cute!!!

I'll have to watch this episode of Chelsea Lately and After Lately...I usually can't stand her, but for James I'll suffer.

avi: Beatriz
Old 12-31-2011, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

Bit more about James' appearance on After Lately:

Quote:
Cocky James Van Der Beek Pulls Celebrity Rank on After Lately

What, James Van Der Beek smug?!

"He comes off a little smug, doesn't he?" Chelsea Lately staffer Chris Fanjola asks his entirely unsympathetic boss, Chelsea Handler, when she's asked to settle which one of them gets to wear the plaid button-down shirt that both Van Der Beek and Fanjola showed up wearing on the same day.

"Don't you have one of your comedy vests you can slap on?" an exasperated Handler asks her longtime guy behind the scenes, who has a deliciously squirmy moment in this exclusive clip from After Lately.

"I would have if he was cooler—but did you know he's not cool?" Fanjola shot back.

When Handler asks Van Der Beek why he should get to wear the hipster shirt, the actor replies, "I'm a guest on this show and this is the shirt I want to wear. Oh, and I'm James Van Der Beek."

Game over, one might say, but then the former Dawson's Creek star gets personal.

"I kind of feel sorry for Chris a little bit," Van Der Beek says. "He's trying to enter this pissing contest and he's just not going to win it. When you replay this scene in your mind when you wake up at 4 in the morning, you're going to realize that there are many instances when you could have taken a different road."

And, burn. (But don't miss the final nail in the pissing-contest coffin, hammered in by—who else—James Van Der Beek.)
I can't watch the video Anyone tell me if it's as funny as it seems from the description?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ke$ha's Blow video with James made it into 10 Best Music Videos of 2011 at AllMediaNY:
Quote:
8. Ke$ha, “Blow”

James Van Der Beek, unicorns, laser guns and rainbows—what more do you need? This is a Ke$ha video to beat all Ke$sha videos—because to be honest, we’ve never watched any other Ke$ha video. The only reason this video is on this list is because of our beloved Dawson, who has been stripped away from his Creek and placed in the middle of a unicorn club lazer fight with one of the trashiest ladies in music. And it’s oddly sexy. Ke$ha, you are a secret genius, aren’t you?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Apt.23 has two mentions on: "the best to come to TV in 2012":

The Guardian UK:
Quote:
12. Don't Trust The Bitch in Apartment 23, ABC, date to be confirmed
The best comedy pilot of the TV up-fronts is also the only one yet to have a confirmed start date, which is a shame, because this darkly funny tale of New York flatmates starring Krysten Ritter and, brilliantly, James 'Dawson' Van Der Beek as himself, is much better than the sub-par trailer suggests.
& DigitalSpy:
Quote:
Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 - early 2012 on ABC (US) and E4 (UK)
One of the most promising new comedies emerging from the US in 2012, Apartment 23 stars Dreama Walker as June, a small-town girl who moves in with manipulative New York party girl Chloe, played by Breaking Bad's Krysten Ritter. And next door lives James Van Der Beek - yes, that's former Dawson's Creek star James Van Der Beek, exploiting his teen idol status to impress the ladies.

The central premise might sound a little cornball, but what we've seen of Apartment 23 suggests that the show has its tongue firmly in its cheek. Casting the clean-cut Van Der Beek as a seedy womaniser is a stroke of genius, while each new guest casting has us jumping for joy. Former Superman Dean Cain as Van Der Beek's nemesis? Ex-Hercules Kevin Sorbo - also playing himself - as Chloe's latest love interest? We are so up for this...

ღLeosღJeahღSterekღHobosღNewYorkersღPandasღSoulmatesღEverlarkღKlaineღ

Last edited by JenMixelle; 12-31-2011 at 06:30 AM
Old 01-01-2012, 06:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcluv (View Post)
I hope it's a joke...I don't like the joke
I Hope its just a joke..still wish to this day that J/K keep in touch
Old 01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

Great update Jen!! I'm even more excited for Apt 23!!

Counting down the hours until After Lately!!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Let me know how it was altogether? I'm gonna have to then eventually scour YouTube for it

Old 01-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Watching it now! Waiting for James to appear!

EDIT

I love seeing James on my tv not so much in love with this show. I'm really not a chelsea fan. I just don't find her humor funny.

Last edited by dcluv; 01-01-2012 at 09:10 PM
Old 01-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

She's harsh & cynical & sarcastic - I usually find her hilarious brb, looking to see if it made it online yet

Old 01-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Loyal Fan

i like her too

I saw a little bit of the show on perezhilton.com (he seems to like james more and more too bad his not as "cool" as he used to be)

but i didnt find it all that funny, some fight about a t-shirt. Ahh well...have to see the whole thing
Old 01-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Yeah it really wasn't very funny. That's gonna be the one and only time I watch After Lately not even James can make me like the show. That says something.