Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

James - OTH episode 612 discussion thread - please READ FIRST POST - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

I thought we shold have somewhere dedicated to posting about James up and coming role in OTH.

Please limit were possible discussion of James' OTH appearance to this thread. There is now no need for this to be discussed on the Dawson and Joey thread. If dialogue is made available on the spoiler board OTH thread, please don't post it here.

Please everyone take a minute to read the rules for this thread, and the :FF: spoiler policy including the use of pictures or avi's that are deemed to be spoilers. The parts in blue are those rule changes implimented on October 5th.

Spoiler rules

Spoilers are allowed on the Male and Female Celebrity Forums as long as the spoilers are limited to information about the character that the actor or actress is playing on the television show that they’re on, and they’re not about the overall show. Spoilers on these forums should only be posted to discuss the upcoming work of the actor or actress, and they must be posted in separate topics and be clearly identified with the word Spoiler in the title.

Pictures• Pictures from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie.

Avatars• Avatars made from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Avatars made from pictures of clips, episode stills from official websites, and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie should not be used until after the episode airs or until the movie is released, because avatars can be seen all over Fan Forum, and we want to respect the wishes of members that don’t want to see any spoilers for an upcoming episode.

Episode descriptions• Small snippets/blurbs from TV Guide/Entertainment Weekly etc. are fine.
• Longer episode descriptions (like for example the ones FOX provides), are considered to be spoilerish and should just be discussed on the episode discussion thread until the episode airs or they should be posted with spoiler tags in various threads on the television boards here.

Details of the episode:

Quote:
Welcome home, Dawson! James Van Der Beek will return to his old Dawson's Creek stomping grounds in Wilmington N.C. this month to shoot an episode of One Tree Hill that will air in late November. Van Der Beek -- who memorably depicted a serial killer on Criminal Minds in 2007 -- will play a director who's interested in making a movie out of Lucas' (Chad Michael Murray) novel. "The specter of Dawson's Creek is always around us," says Mark Schwahn, who exec produces Hill on the same production lot in Wilmington that was once used by Creek. "We're about to [complete] 128 episodes, which is what Dawson's did," says Schwahn. "So I thought it would be cool to get James."
Source

Kimberly posted that James name in the show would be Dixon.

Quote:
Van Der Beek to appear on 'One Tree Hill' in NC

RALEIGH, N.C. — The Creek is coming to Tree Hill.

Actor James Van Der Beek, who starred on "Dawson's Creek" as the movie-obsessed Dawson Leery, will return to Wilmington next week to appear on "One Tree Hill" as a director who's interested in adapting the novel written by Lucas Scott, played by Chad Michael Murray.

Shooting will begin next Wednesday or Thursday, said executive producer and director Greg Prange, who worked with Van Der Beek on "Dawson's Creek." The episode will air Nov. 24.

Although the new character is a director, the job to which Dawson aspired, the new character won't be named Dawson Leery, Prange told The Associated Press on Thursday.

"He's not Dawson Leery, but there are similarities in terms of the same business," Prange said. "It doesn't continue it on, but in a strange way, it does."
In addition, Murray appeared on the fifth season of "Dawson's Creek," playing a character named Charlie Todd.

"It's a weird little family reunion," Prange said.

The plan now calls for one episode with Van Der Beek's character, but Prange said he wasn't sure if that might be extended.

And "One Tree Hill" has no plans to try to bring the other "Dawson's Creek" stars, who included Katie Holmes, Michelle Williams and Joshua Jackson, Prange said. "This is just something that Mark brought up and it fits into our story line," he said, referring to "One Tree Hill" creator Mark Schawhn. "He'll do anything as long as it fits into the story line he sees in his head."

"Dawson's Creek" aired on the WB from 1998 to 2003. "One Tree Hill" airs Monday nights on the CW network. Both were filmed at the EUE/Screen Gems studio in Wilmington.

Van Der Beek seems to have struggled professionally since "Dawson's Creek," appearing most recently in episodes of television series including "Ugly Betty" and "Criminal Minds."

A publicist for Van Der Beek did not respond to an e-mail message from The Associated Press

link

Last edited by Chase.This.Light; 11-17-2008 at 01:05 PM
Old 10-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

thanks for opening the thread Karen

i'm hoping that the CW will have an interview with james. I think we'll get a lot of bts info and pics from other oth sites too!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does anyone recall the air date for this episode?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The air date is Nov 24. They should start shooting this week. Oh boy, i cant wait for more spoilers to come through. I hope we get some interviews with James and a good behind-the-scenes peek as well.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I would imagine the celeb news folks will latch onto this one..."Dawson comes BACK to the Creek"...that sorta thing. Can't wait for new info.

avi: Beatriz
Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

^^they already are i can't wait for some bts info too!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nothing we don't already know, but here's another article. Highlighted something new...ish?

MonstersandCritics.com
Quote:
James Van Der Beek is to guest star on hit US TV show 'One Tree Hill'.

The 31-year-old actor - who shot to fame starring as Dawson Leery in TV series 'Dawson's Creek', which ran from 1998 to 2003 - will play a director interested in making a movie from a book written by lead character Lucas Scott, played by Chad Michael Murray.

Executive producer Mark Schwann revealed he asked James to appear on the show because of the link between the two programmes.

'Dawson's Creek' was filmed on the same location that 'One Tree Hill' is currently housed, in Wilmington, North Carolina.

Mark said: "The spectre of 'Dawson's Creek' is always around us. 'One Tree Hill' is about to complete 128 episodes, which is what 'Dawson's Creek' did. So I thought it would be cool to get James."
Sponsored Links: DSL - Services and Information

Since 'Dawson's Creek' ended in 2003, James has starred in movies including 'Eye of the Beast' and 'Varsity Blues'. He has also appeared in US TV shows 'Ugly Betty' and 'Criminal Minds'.
They're totally off on the Varsity Blues thing, but whatever...

Old 10-22-2008, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Maddie! Hmmm i think its becoming clearer that there is going to be some DC referance. The two shows are too similar and Dawson as a director, i mean , C'mon!!
I cant wait. One month never seemed this long!!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

612 is supposed to start filming tomorrow (thursday)! i'll try to keep an eye on oth spoiler sites and stuff to see if anyone says anything about james being on set
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gosh im dying out here!! I hope we get some details tomorrow itself!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

i know i wonder if he's in wilmington yet.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It must be so weird for him to be back there, in a good way though!! like a time capsule took him back in time!!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

^ Exactly

Thank you for all the info
Old 10-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

yup do you guys remember christy (creative christy)? i'm not sure if she posted on this board, but she used to post on the DJ thread on the DC board. she lives in wilmington and i think she works at screen gems. i hope she'll stop by here and give us some info if she meets james
Old 10-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was thinking the same thing Veronica. It must be very surreal for him.

Can't wait to hear anything new!

Last edited by Madison; 10-23-2008 at 11:14 AM