Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dawson Leery Appreciation Thread #5: Because he'd never be Dixon...right?

.: QUOTES :.

> Dawson in love

"Joey, I am here. I've been here for two days, and only now are we finding a way to talk about stuff that really matters. Like why you left that message. All right? And you know, maybe that is the ending we are supposed to have. Maybe every other attraction that we feel each other is just, fear of moving on, fear of growing up". (502)

-

'I don't know, but I do know that if I get on this plane, I am never going to find out. All right, because, we're gonna, we're gonna move on, we're going to grow up, and four years from now we are going to wake up, and we are going to be complete strangers to each other. The only thing that I know for sure, it that I don't want that to happen. Do you?' (502)

> Cynic Dawson

'Cause part of me wishes I could still be that embarrassing, romantic kid. You know, the one who believed with such conviction in the gospel according to Spielberg. You know, I'm having trouble mustering anything resembling sentimentality or corn or... for lack of a better word, hope'. (514)

> Funny Dawson

'It's become obvious to me that in life you're either a Mac person or a pc person, and the choice defines you. Let me put it to you this way: Beatles or Elvis?' (423)

'Uh, Jen. Sweetheart, I don't want you to have an embolism'. (514)

> Fellow Creekers

Joey: Ok. Um... have you ever had the experience of meeting a guy who was really good-looking and, I don't know, kind of...
Jen: Charming?
Joey: Yes, charming. Very, very charming, and you almost get hypnotized by how charming and good-looking he is, but when you penetrate the surface, even just a little bit, you find that he’s...
Jen: A moron?
Joey: I was gonna say "loser."
Jen: Yeah. Pretty much every single guy that I've ever dated with the exception—
Joey: Dawson.
Jen: Yeah. [Sighs]

.: ICONS :.

.: Future Title Suggestions :.
Dawson Leery appreciation thread #?: He's the creek God, we are his loyal subjects.
Dawson Leery appreciation thread #?: "He can't keep it a secret forever, how incredible he is."
Dawson Leery appreciation thread #?: "He rules, he rocks, he's a golden god, now accept it."

Old 12-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Karen.

We need some Dawson art for the OP. Will try making some banners after Christmas.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know this was posted on the last thrad but I thought I'd bring it over here as well, to try and get some discussion going.

It's also where the thread title came from.

Quote:
I wasn't entirely sure whcih thread to put this on, The OTH/ Dixon or the Dawson thread and since the Dawson thread really needs the bump and it's mroe Dawson related, this is where it's put.

The other day my mind was wandering either when i was on the bus coming home from work, or else once I was walking from the bus stop home. Anyways, for some reason i was thinking about Dawson/Dixon and it kinda dawned on me, that Dixon could be Dawson. as in Dawson from DC.

Let's face it, Dawson had been put through the ringer one too many times by Joey. From early on in the finale we can reasonably assume Dawson may have feelings for Joey (if you include the cut scenes) but in the end she goes for Pacey and one of his closest friends/ex-girlfriends has died.

Going back to Hollywood, it'd be possible that Dawson could sink into a depression/dable with drugs and end up very cynical...leading him to become very Dixon-like if not Dixon.

I know this is a pretty depressing though from out eternal optimist, but what do people think?

it always amazes me how the mind wanders.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for opening the new thread, Karen.

I have an opinion about that discussion-starter there, but I have to go make dinner so I'll be make later to share my thoughts.

avi: Beatriz
Old 12-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Looking forward to it Maddie. Veronica thinks I am trying to make her believe that DJ didn't end up together but it's just a thought.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It just pains me to think of Dawson like that. He remained a romantic till the end, ven though he had to face so much disillusionment in love. His optimism never died inspite of all the setbacks and heartache. I would hate to think that after Joey left him, he broke down completely and turned into a nut like Dixon.

Plus the chances of that happening are very slim. DJo are married now, with 3 kids, why would Dawson be Dixon? I said it before, will say it again, that since Joey left Pacey, he lost it and started doing drugs, so he's the one who ended up like Dixon. It just sounds more convincing, doesnt it??
Old 12-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

^^ Yeah, I think I could see Pacey turning into more of a "Dixon" than Dawson.

I agree with you, Veronica. I'd like to think that Dawson was too much of an eternal optimist to ever spiral down that sort of path. Think about it - when Dawson was in one of the darkest places he had ever been...right after his father's death...he lost control for a little while, but it didn't last long. He was always able to pick himself back up and carry on with grace. I just don't see him allowing himself to sink that low...even over Joey. Even if they, for arguements sake, didn't end up together.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah.

Even when Joey left Dawson at the end of S3, he was shattered but he didnt lose his way completely. When Mitch died, he faltered again, but he picked himself up again and always found a way to be positive about things that didnt go his way. So i honestly dont believe that he would end up like Dixon.

Though i agree i love to see bad James. Its exciting.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I once wrote a fic post s3 finale were Joey left with pacey and Mitch and Gail died in a car accident and he ended up in a bad place. Granted he didn't use drugs, but I think sometimes there's only so much someone can take. I think it's possible that Dawson could go down that slippery slope.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Karen, why did you do that to our boy? Even in your imagination! Do you still have the fic? I would love to read it.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Addicted Fan

I think it's entirely possible Dawson could have ended that way if he'd lost a lot to him. If like Karen says, he lost Mitch AND Gale, then it could affect him in that way. Grief takes many forms and I think that would have been too much for Dawson. Thank god we never had to see that though. He was in a dark place after Mitch's death but not as dark as that and he slowly healed himself.

I still absolutely adore this character after years I am watching the early years of DC these days, don't tend to watch the later years cause I don't enjoy them as much.

We are all stories in the end
Old 12-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Liz, I have the odd notion the last week or so to watch some vintage Dawson's Creek which I've never felt since well, season 5 probably.

Veronica, all of my fic is at my fic site. The fic I mentioned was inspired by a lot of Darren's Tension CD and Damned by Bon Jovi. I've named 3 fics after Darren songs.

This fic was called "When Love Calls Your Name".
Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

I remember reading that fic, Karen...and I think I need to read it again to refresh my memory.

ETA: Just finished re-reading "When Love Calls Your Name". God in Heaven, why couldn't have DJ gotten an ending like that? I got all teary reading the end because I could so clearly picture that happening in my head. GAH!! *sniff*

Last edited by Madison; 12-23-2008 at 08:37 PM
Old 12-24-2008, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link Karen. Will read it tonight. It must be dark if its inspired by The Tension and The Spark and Damned.

ETA: Gosh, Karen, i loved it. I could almost hear DJo say those lines, it was all playing in my head. Gah! And i so agree with Maddie, I wouldve given anything to have gotten that ending for DJo! The conversation at the end was brilliant. And i just have to mention the lines i loved the most, i teared up when i was reading Part 1...

Quote:
At one point I see him out of the side of my eye, I turn and smile and there’s a look of recognition as he smiles back. It’s the simple things that I seem to miss the most and I feel my eyes start to water.
Quote:
I don’t mind, Joey.”

He said my name, the first time either of us has said the other’s name and I feel tears begin to form.
There are so many more, but im afraid my post will look like an essay if i mention all of them.

I loved your insights on PJ's relationship...

Quote:
Could we have been so in need of someone, anyone, that we’d forgotten to just share things with one another? Make memories.

There's a lot of profound stuff in it, and some great DJo action.

Last edited by Pure.Magic; 12-24-2008 at 03:10 PM
Old 12-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you ladies enjoyed it. I started re-reading it last night when i was posting the link.

Veronica, if you want to write an essay of feedback feel free. You can always PM it

Last edited by Chase.This.Light; 12-24-2008 at 04:18 PM