Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2018, 09:58 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Charmed - "Sweet Tooth" (1.03) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Oct 28th @ 9PM)

Charmed | 1.03 - "Sweet Tooth"
Original Airdate: October 28, 2018 @ 9PM

x

Episode Summary
With the instruction of Harry, the sisters are put through witch lessons, so they are able to
properly practice their magic. However, when Macy learns of a mysterious death in her lab
from Galvin, she informs her sisters and together, they devise a plan to suss out the demon.
Trying to speed the plan along, Mel uses her magic irresponsibly leaving Harry no choice but
to constrain her, which creates tension between them. Meanwhile, Maggie continues to
struggle at balancing her two worlds - her sorority one and her witch one - especially after
she volunteers to throw a Halloween party at her house.
Source
Old 10-28-2018, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Thanks for the thread.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-29-2018, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

enjoyed the episode, though I do feel like they're rushing it, again
Old 10-29-2018, 01:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Very good episode. I am enjoying this show.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Maggie is so cute in the pic in the OP.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-29-2018, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

she looked great
Old 10-29-2018, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

It was a slight increase in quality week to week but I feel like the sisters arent really allowed to grow that much as Charmed Ones. The only thing that seems to move ahead are their romances and Maggies pledging.

The quick training at the beginning of the episode was nice, would've preferred it be longer but whatever. Maggie being more interested in texting then defeating a fake demon....girl..not a good look. Are you interested in this witch thing or no? I do like that Mel is very into being a witch and knowing all that she can know but girl needs to take some baby steps instead of trying to master some big ass spell that can take out an entire room!

Mel having her girlfriend over for a sleepover and then going upstairs to do some witch reading...not the smartest idea, she probably needs to choose one or the another some nights. Its to big of a risk that she finds out your secret because you want to have your cake and eat it to. If and when the writers tone down Mel's extreme "you are a white male, I dont need your help, dont take my wins" she will be so much more enjoyable. I am glad that she learned that she needs to slow it down a little and listen to Harry when it comes to magic.

Maggie doesnt care about training but girl has got personal gain to do a T! She can make drinks out of thin air and sexy outfits out of thin air. Mels girlfriend is a cop and is fine with all of this what I assume is underage drinking? So Maggie glamoured everything around her and about her and as a consequence it seemed to give her cramps? Was that what it was? Of course the guy that Maggie is crushing on is her Kappa sisters boyfriend! I want this whole pledging thing to be done and over with. This show is so focused around campus that it kills me.

We got to find out more about Macy and Mel. Macy didnt have the greatest time in school and thus she is very reserved. She likes her personal space and isnt into being sexy. It seemed to be wrapped up rather quickly but I hope they still keep that aspect of her around a little bit longer. Macy is also a 28yr old virgin! That is certainly not common for tv dramas so I hope they do this storyline well, especially since she got her mack on with her boyfriend who is not her boyfriend at the end of the episode. Not sure why Macy was so excited to use her powers at the end of the episode when she used them perfectly at the beginning.

Stray thoughts:

The sisters dont even need to look through the book for what they need? It just reads their minds and flips to it automatically? Especially with personal gain?

A lot of people around the net have talked about the original Charmed Ones being all about their men well...these witches are already very much about their love interests. We are still very early into this series and we are spending to much time on trying to get these sisters hooked up with people.

Once again TCO do something that needs Harry to save them. Mel almost kills Macy and Harry has to save her. Though I guess this helps Mel get past her bitterness towards him.

So they cant vanquish this demon, they have to wait for The Elders to come down and do their thing? These sisters barely have any agency. LET THEM have to do things on their own, save some innocents without having to rely on Harry.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Maggie doesnt care about training but girl has got personal gain to do a T! She can make drinks out of thin air and sexy outfits out of thin air. Mels girlfriend is a cop and is fine with all of this what I assume is underage drinking? So Maggie glamoured everything around her and about her and as a consequence it seemed to give her cramps? Was that what it was? Of course the guy that Maggie is crushing on is her Kappa sisters boyfriend! I want this whole pledging thing to be done and over with. This show is so focused around campus that it kills me.
With a spell? Seems like a lot of stuff to do so it's not too quick. Unless she has more than telepathy now??

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-30-2018, 03:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh interesting that Elders are witches in this show...

Mel needs to be more careful with her magic. Sure Macy did use her powers in the kitchen & almost got caught but she didn't necessarily know Niko was there. Mel is reckless . Not sure how I feel about Harry being able to track when she uses her powers but if she's going to be reckless & risk exposure - & also so against him - she deserves someone trying to keep her from getting hurt by exposure

Again exposure - this time Harry answering Macy's call when they are outside the house where anyone could've seen. Odd he'd do that when he's just been on about exposure to Mel - unless no one else can see him?

I'm liking Macy more this ep

Interesting comparison to being in the closet about magic from Mel

I like that Maggie used her powers for personal gain & then seemed to suffer the consequences. Hopefully she'll learn from it. Seemed an easy fix for them though as all she had to do was reverse & she felt better?

Understandable why Harry is the way he is but he's also got to relax a bit too. Would be nice if they could live, stand on their own... also maybe go after a demon without his help & figure out things on their own?

why do we need to make a love triangle by making Parker the boyfriend of the Kappa leader chick?

of course things can't be easy & the Harbinger isn't dead. That was meant to be one of the most powerful spells that Mel used but still wasn't enough? How are they meant to go against the Source later on then? Seems like they're rushing into demons who are too strong for them to go up against too quickly

Quote:
Mels girlfriend is a cop and is fine with all of this what I assume is underage drinking?
I didn't even think about that (probably since they wouldn't be underage here) but of course. That makes no sense really as she should care as a cop but maybe she kept her mouth close because of her relationship with Mel?
Old 10-30-2018, 10:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I didn't even think about that (probably since they wouldn't be underage here) but of course. That makes no sense really as she should care as a cop but maybe she kept her mouth close because of her relationship with Mel?
However we do not know the drinking age in that state. In some states the drinking age is 21, and in other states it's 18. So it's possible that the drinking age is 18 where they are.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:43 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It is? I thought all of US is 21? That's silly if its different depending on state but yeah guess we've got to presume that their fictional town is set in a place where the legal drinking age is younger

ETA: I was curious & looked it up & looks like the law varies over consumption of alcohol but its buying which you must be 21? That makes more sense but still seems silly or at least confusing. But I looked up my own country & at least when it comes to consumption it varies between states too
Old 10-31-2018, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

that's so weird to me, people not being allowed to drink/buy alcohol till they're 21
Old 10-31-2018, 01:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I can understand that. It doesn't really register in my mind at all as I don't drink & I just know the US is later than Australia. But then thinking about how most people finish high school & go off to schoolies where they drink & party that wouldn't work so well in countries where you can't drink until you're 21
Old 10-31-2018, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

This was pretty decent. Nice blend of humour and character development. What Iโ€™d expect from a Halloween themed episode.

Macy and Maggie are definitely starting to grow on me. I liked seeing them bond.

Last edited by scififan2009; 11-09-2018 at 11:40 AM
Old 10-31-2018, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

According to my research, the only way for Maggie to drink without Miko caring as a cop would mean the show has to take place in either

1.) Connecticut where the drinking age is 21 unless (1) a person over age eighteen who is an employee or permit holder under section 30-90a and who possesses alcoholic liquor in the course of such person's employment or business, (2) a minor who possesses alcoholic liquor on the order of a practicing physician, or (3) a minor who possesses alcoholic liquor while accompanied by a parent, guardian or spouse of the minor, who has attained the age of twenty-one. Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to burden a person's exercise of religion under section 3 of article first of the Constitution of the state in violation of subsection (a) of section 52-571b.

2. Louisiana - 21 with the exception of when a person under twenty-one years of age is accompanied by a parent, spouse, or legal guardian twenty-one years of age or older OR In a private residence, which shall include a residential dwelling and up to twenty contiguous acres, on which the dwelling is located, owned by the same person who owns the dwelling.

3. Maryland - which is 21, however anyone can drink when parents, spouses, teachers are present.

4. Ohio - 21, however, anyone can drink with parents or legal-age spouse present.

And possibly Wisconsin being the same as Maryland/Ohio.

I guess Maggie would count as the guardian of age?

But illegally, they could live anywhere. Or like it was mentioned, we're just meant to believe they have their own rules in a fictional town.

{taek su mi sun}
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top