Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2019, 11:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Charmed - "Safe Space" (2.01) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Oct 11th @ 8PM)

Charmed | 2.01 - "Safe Space"
Original Airdate: Oct 11, 2019 @ 8PM

x

Episode Summary
Following the devastating loss of The Elders, Mel, Maggie, and Macy take over their
duties. Maggie takes time to celebrate her birthday with a big bash, but Mel finds
herself too preoccupied with their new responsibilities to join in the fun. As the girls
clean up the following morning, Macy shocks her sisters with an announcement. A
mysterious hooded foe attacks The Charmed Ones who escape through a portal
while Harry has an unnerving encounter with the villain. The girls land in a secret
location where they uncover more about the mystical world of The Elders... and
community workspaces. Macy nurses a serious wound and Maggie meets a
handsome stranger. The Charmed Ones quickly become aware of the gravity of
their new roles and must decide if they are truly prepared for the responsibility.
Source
Old 10-10-2019, 04:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks , wow such a big episode

its so funny old series took awhile to meet the elders , this one they meet them straight away and now have to take over their duties
Old 10-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

It makes me sad that Parker won't be there for Maggie's birthday.

Thanks for starting this.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-11-2019, 10:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Looks like Mel is driving her sisters crazy already & its only been 3 weeks

umm 7 minutes was right It actually starts about 6 minutes in & what are they doing

oh good, they've been dropped in crazyville...

Rat demon easter egg

ah I understand the need for new characters too now

Nice the house is still there

what does that ending mean though . No wonder no one could say anything

Sorry totally a cryptic response to the ep here, lets just say I am processing
Old 10-12-2019, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I haven't watched yet.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-12-2019, 03:15 PM
Graphics Team

This episode raises a lot of questions, like the first season was doing, but this time it is clear they are forging their own path from the original. When you look at how the first season ended, you may think that the magical community is coming to the Charmed Ones which was something the original also did. Mel sitting and hearing the concerns feels like something I am sure that we had with the original series. One moment I remember is Paige having them come to her when the Wicked Witch was cursing magical beings and they needed the spells reversed so they could return to their natural forms. But I feel like there was another time where one of the sisters really did sit and listen to problems.

Then there was the more obvious Rat Demon Easter Egg. They also reminded me of the demons which shot goo out of their mouths and were targeting Chris at some point (the episode with Phoebe's high school reunion). These Rat Demons appeared to be an amalgamation of the two demons. The Rat Demons from the original were more snitches, and I cannot remember them having much power? Just there being a lot of them.

I found this episode more interesting than the first season, and while I was working on graphics in photoshop while I was watching I found myself paying more attention to it.

For those who are yet to watch I would not recommend reading the rest of my post.

The episode started off predictably with there being some excitement over it being over and the possibility of returning to normal lives. Macy was taking a huge risk however even thinking about moving away from her sisters, let alone actually accepting a new job offer. Also slightly predictable, just as things seem quiet and normal, all hell breaks loose.

This is where everything completely turns on its head having everything from the original destroyed. Unlike the original, it appears this Book of Shadows cannot protect itself. And then straight up they are pushing Hacy together with her hesitation and him trying to save her. Fails of course, but then as Macy seemed to know would happen he was killed. My wife also reacted presuming it was a deadly choice unless he simply teleported away once the sisters were through.

The new world they have fallen into fits well with the 'Safe Space' episode title but also looks quite strange. It will be interesting to see how this place develops in future episodes. I am not overly impressed by the first aid guy. Just give them the first aid and leave them alone. The woman in the magic store seemed more interesting and I presume could become an ally for the sisters over time.

When they first enter the safe house of the Elders they are told to await further instructions from their whitelighter. However Harry seems to not know what the place is? Was this more failure of the Elders for not filling him in properly of what it was? A plot hole I am not meant to have noticed? It is an interesting place and I like the direction they are taking. But the removal of their powers? That seems a bit much and would make it harder for them. Macy's demon powers have changed or grown between the two seasons too and clearly aren't as easy to remove as the witch ones were. There must be a way for them to gain their powers back as otherwise it is a huge risk for them to be trying to save other witches while being powerless and only relying on spells. My other hope is that this 'no one can know we are alive' rubbish lasts as long as it did in season 8 of the original. Especially as there was good characters in season 1 who are now being thrown away. With the introduction of another child of Alastor however maybe there is some hope that Parker at least can return. They do make it seem like it is all a fresh slate and they are throwing away the first season and all that went with it though.

This new Assassin reminds me of the original - playing on fears that you could be evil and the reason your charges turn dark. It could be interesting if as each of the Whitelighters died they faced themselves and felt that they had failed their charges in this way. Either that or Harry has an evil twin. However I also want to question are we to believe that he simply cannot die? Or is this Harry really not the Harry they had before? Could death have changed him or is he someone else? His powers no longer work as they did before which makes me highly suspicious of who he is and his motives.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Amazing episode!
Old 10-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Have fun watching! I have posted about the shows premiere on our Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr pages. Feel free to share it on your social media channels.
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 10-13-2019, 06:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

i really enjoyed this episode

so good very dark and i like it , this whole new world is interesting . I kept trying to get clues to the original but this seems more in a new direction .

Macy getting a new job sounds cool , but of course the charmed ones come first .

No Parker at Maggie birthday was sad , not going to be happy until he is back.

Macy/Harry all their scenes were amazing !!! makes my shipper heart happy

Now a evil twin of harry that is interesting... Also now they live in a new state ??? so cool
Old 10-13-2019, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

The new season sounds interesting from what I'm reading in here.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 10-13-2019, 07:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by in love with you dummy (View Post)
The new season sounds interesting from what I'm reading in here.
It was , cant wait for you to see it
Old 10-13-2019, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Loved the episode!

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-14-2019, 12:07 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Ash you really need to watch & not read . The episode is amazing & full of twists & turns

I was sitting watching not knowing what to say & not wanting to spoil it all . They weren't lying at the comic con when they said it all changes after 7 minutes. Then even now I'm all wary of saying more than that because you need to watch it & I'd hate spoiling it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLily
Macy was taking a huge risk however even thinking about moving away from her sisters, let alone actually accepting a new job offer.
I know! I could understand it but I was the same as Petra - you can't do that, the Charmed Ones come first. Very risky & just because you've defeated the Source doesn't mean its all over. But then she wouldn't know that yet. But I was also sad because it was also saying she still didn't feel comfortable with her new family or a need to bond with them - even after them telling her that they'd never leave she was happy to just give that up?

Quote:
Unlike the original, it appears this Book of Shadows cannot protect itself.
I'm still so heartbroken about that . I had to watch it twice to check that I saw what I really saw. No protecting at all, everything is gone. Well I guess they were warned by the other whitelighter to have the book memorised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls
I kept trying to get clues to the original but this seems more in a new direction .
I think there's Easter Eggs but its now going to stand on its own feet. We may still get moments, but mostly its all in a new direction & completely new show which is wonderful for them to be doing

Quote:
But the removal of their powers? That seems a bit much and would make it harder for them. Macy's demon powers have changed or grown between the two seasons too and clearly aren't as easy to remove as the witch ones were. There must be a way for them to gain their powers back as otherwise it is a huge risk for them to be trying to save other witches while being powerless and only relying on spells. My other hope is that this 'no one can know we are alive' rubbish lasts as long as it did in season 8 of the original.
Yeah I hope they return their powers but won't be surprised if the 'no one can know we're alive' sticks around at least for a while (& longer than the original had it). But *sigh* we'll see how it all goes...
Macy's powers surprised me as she was never shown to have demonic powers really before - just the demonic sight. Now she can throw fire? Does losing her witch powers bring out demon ones?
The removal of the powers however does distance this show from the original. Now they're just sister witches saying spells & trying to save the world

I really don't know what to make of the Harry situation. Does leave lots of questions
Old 10-14-2019, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

When Macy saw the articles in the safe space, witches hanging in Vermont, and the demon saying "war", I wonder if we are getting a Salem Witch Trials type storyline.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-14-2019, 11:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

^ that's what I was wondering too. Or if somehow the building was blocking their power because of the history. I thought maybe someone had found a way to protect the place from witchcraft But looks like at least that theory is wrong But do wonder if we'll get the witch trials storyline still
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top