Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2022, 05:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I've only seen the things about Mads personally but if she left from toxicity I imagine there was still some around so wouldn't surprise me if others were happy to see it end. Still strange to say nothing at all though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-26-2022, 07:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
I've only seen the things about Mads personally but if she left from toxicity I imagine there was still some around so wouldn't surprise me if others were happy to see it end. Still strange to say nothing at all though
yeah i agree , so sad to even this that happen to them to
Old 05-27-2022, 11:56 AM
Graphics Team

I'm also wondering why the CW cancelled quite a few shows recently. Weren't some doing well?
I mean this one didn't have a whole lot of viewers and the ratings were just okay. Usually the CW continues with shows even if they don't do well.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 05-27-2022, 03:39 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I heard they sold the CW to someone else, that's why they cancelled most of their shows to save money.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:44 PM
Graphics Team

I thought they were just in talks about selling.. I didn't know it was official?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 05-27-2022, 04:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I haven't seen that it has officially been sold yet either. I've seen speculation that they cancelled the shows to make them more appealing to buyers.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-27-2022, 07:34 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I wonder if there are other reasons then, all I ever heard was that they sold the CW and that's the reason they cancelled almost all of their shows.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:38 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It appears to have a buyer, but it hasn't been sold yet or the sale hasn't gone through. It is a money thing & breaking away from CBS/WB most likely. Or at least Charmed it was probably the connection to CBS

Quote:
How The CW’s Sale Could Affect Its Future Schedule

The network’s sale comes as its business model no longer makes financial sense for its parent companies, Paramount Global and Warner Bros. Discovery. With the end of its $1 billion Netflix output deal, originals moved to Paramount+ and HBO Max as The CW’s ownership also retains lucrative foreign rights to programs like Walker and its new spinoff, Walker: Independence.

“I realize [the cancellation] pattern was different from years past and can see why it came as a bit of a shock to fans,” Pedowitz said. “None of these were easy decisions. We had long conversations with our studios and parent companies, and everyone recognized this was a time of transition for The CW. Difficult financial and strategic decisions were made at every level.”

After losing half of his roster of scripted originals, Pedowitz’s new fall schedule instead features additional unscripted fare (Magic With the Stars) and foreign acquisitions (Family Law, Professionals) in place of signature series like Supergirl (which concluded this past season). Despite the increased reliance on foreign series and unscripted, and with its sale to Nexstar pending, Pedowitz remains committed to scripted. “Shifting ownership doesn’t change our goals for our company for 2022-23,” he said, stressing that “content was never a factor” in the cancellation decisions.

While Pedowitz noted the pending sale will take time, he hopes that once a deal does close that its new ownership will help The CW expand into half-hour scripted originals and programs from studios beyond Warners and CBS. (The CW’s current model called for half its programming to come from each of its corporate parents.)

Read Full Article
The article mentions that all the shows in the bubble were warned to treat things like it might be a series finale, not just a season finale. So hopefully Charmed has done this

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-28-2022, 01:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ yeah I heard that bout cw to