Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2022, 08:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah the inside doesn't make sense. When they open the door from the inside we know there is no wall there on the OG. but both shows have shown a wall there. I presume the real house has a wall there

Quote:
The plan would have been to reach out and see if any of the OG cast was willing to do guest spots
I realise that however the OG cast have been vocal on their dislike for the show so it was a strange idea to put out there or hope to have when the answer is presumably already known without the need to ask.
Old 06-13-2022, 09:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
it was a strange idea to put out there or hope to have when the answer is presumably already known without the need to ask.
I disagree.

Just because certain people associated with the OG show have once again proven themselves to be petulant childish arsehats, it doesn't invalidate the new series' showrunners' love for the OG show or their creative desire to narratively link the two versions had they gotten the opportunity.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 06-14-2022, 01:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I disagree.

Just because certain people associated with the OG show have once again proven themselves to be petulant childish arsehats, it doesn't invalidate the new series' showrunners' love for the OG show or their creative desire to narratively link the two versions had they gotten the opportunity.
I never said that it did. I said that it seemed like a strange move to make or how they could have thought they could open things up without communicating first.

If idiots want to throw stones still & invalidate the passion the showrunners have for both shows that is on them. I NEVER was doing that. I think that it is amazing that they wanted to not just show appreciation for the other show but include it in their universe. However it seemed like a risky move to me to do it when they already knew that there was a lot of hate in both the OG fandom & with the OG cast. Especially if they were planning on not asking first but still showing this ending if they were picked up. That is setting themselves up & setting fans up for presumable failure. Of course not all the cast have thrown stones & been childish. It could've been Cole waiting on the other side for some reason as Julian has said he'd would've been happy to appear. Maybe Prue was there as I think Shannon has been more open over things. So maybe they had hope. But it was a HUGE risk & foolish to me to take that step before asking to check if they could get anyone. Once they have shown the house to not have one of the actual Charmed Ones there though is a huge risk & disappointment though. Of course the show was canceled so it is all immaterial. But in that case for me I still could've done without that ending. Now they opened themselves up for more unnecessary childish behaviour & teased on that shaky ground to encourage more stones to be thrown at what was a great show on its own. I think there is too much hate out there for them to be appreciated for what they were trying to do. Then for me I'd rather them stay apart or to see them explore it. I'm left with more questions than answers so I don't like that. I'm entitled to that opinion & it doesn't invalidate or throw stones at what the showrunners were doing.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:12 AM
Graphics Team

Well regardless what they did with not contacting anyone first, I still loved the ending. It's like two of my favorite shows coming together. It's exciting for me personally.
And I kind of understand why they didn't want to contact anyone first. Because they already had a feeling there was a chance they'd get cancelled, and I think they didn't want to ask anyone if they'd appear before knowing the fate of the show, whether it'd get renewed or cancelled. If you ask anyone beforehand and the show gets cancelled that's also a bit of a bummer to anyone that would've agreed to it.

But I also understand what you're saying too, Chelle.
Old 06-14-2022, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 06-14-2022, 08:12 PM
Graphics Team

^ What about it?
Old 06-14-2022, 11:59 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I completely understand why they didn't contact first. Especially when all the shows got told there was a chance this would be the end. I just also have the hesitation side of it too as personally I'd want to double check first because of the hate. But maybe they would've contacted before the episode aired had they been renewed

Quote:
It's like two of my favorite shows coming together. It's exciting for me personally.
It is pretty cool But I just hate the questions it left me with (& the hate it caused)