Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2022, 12:00 PM
Graphics Team

4x04 - "Ripples" Episode Discussion (April 1, 2022)

4x04 - "Ripples"
Episode Discussion

(Airdate: April 1, 2022 @8pm EST)

Episode Description:
When Maggie's demon-hunting leads her down a dangerous path, Mel decides it's time for them to take
a break - and books the sisters for a weekend getaway. Meanwhile the new Charmed One is left in charge
of the Command Center for the first time... which doesn't go as well as anyone hopes.
(source)
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 04-01-2022, 12:33 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the thread

I feel like it is way too soon to just be leaving Kaela alone & in charge so to speak. But both Maggie & Mel probably need this so much

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-01-2022, 11:01 AM
Graphics Team

I'm just wondering where Harry and Jordan are
Harry was already whisked away to who knows where.. and I forgot about Jordan? He should be there somewhere I think?? So I'm curious if we'll even see them in this ep.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Harry maybe on his own path/storyline for the episode? Jordan probably also with Kaela or has left to give Maggie space

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-02-2022, 01:51 PM
Graphics Team

Yeah Harry and Jordan weren't in the ep. Figured.

Things escalated pretty quickly with Kaela in charge of the command center.. but I mean yeah she's new to this witch stuff so I guess it's to be expected.

Wonder if anyone could crush that spider and that'd be the end of it? That thing is creepy.

I felt bad for that one guy (Robert?) who was trapped in the room. Was that a steam room or something? Since the temp was rising in there.

I'm surprised the Tally Man was there at the spa in person. I didn't think he'd be so direct, especially being in the same room with Maggie and just casually talking to her without her knowing it was him.

Umm I'm not sure what to think about Kaela and that guy (I forget his name) getting close. He seemed to help her though with her powers. And before they figured out the ripping the paper thing, I was wondering if that'd work, so apparently it did. But instead of her drawings disappearing after you rip the paper up, they just stop manifesting?

So is one of the Tally Man's goals to get everyone in the magical community to turn against the Charmed Ones? Cuz that ending just makes it seem that way. So I'm not sure.
But he definitely is manipulating things to make it seem like they're not good people. Whatshisname that helped Kaela saw it.. so wonder what he thought. Like if he didn't believe it at all or if it was surprised that's who they are (or who they appear to be from that perspective anyway).

On that note.. The next episode looks great! Interesting to see Mel's time kinda powers are becoming more different too.
But the next ep definitely looks like something I saw in the OG show. Don't ya think? Reminds me of that.. since they also went back in time to I think in that era?
Old 04-02-2022, 06:02 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Was commenting while watching but then I lost my post.

I still think it was reckless to leave Kaela alone, even if it was only for a few hours. They know the Tallyman is a threat & killing magical creatures. Kaela is inexperienced & can't even control her powers. Then you have Harry & Jordan both MIA. But sure, run off to go to a spa because Maggie beat someone up & got arrested...

Mel bugged me pushing so hard on Maggie. If you want someone to let you in, respect their boundaries. If you push too hard you'll push them out further.

Looks like the Tallyman is now turning everyone against them, yes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-02-2022, 06:14 PM
Graphics Team

I honestly think it was reckless too. But what choice did they have? Call Josefina? That's the only other option I can think of.

But I think Kaela can control her powers now? Or at least to some extent. She did okay at the spa when she manifested those bath bombs.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Not go? They didn't appear to even try contact the boys or anyone so I think that bugged me too. Mel just wanted to go take Maggie away & pester her to see what is going on, not thinking about how things could've been really bad just leaving Kaela alone there

She can control them now, because of Dev showing her how. But when she was left alone? No. Mel had no way of knowing that Kaela would meet him or that he'd support her in learning how to have some control over her power. In saying that, Mel also has no control over her powers, so it possibly doesn't seem like a big deal to her that Kaela also couldn't. But Mel at least has experience & knowledge. Kaela has barely anything

It just seemed like a reckless move to me but it turned out it wasn't as bad as it could've been. The greater issue was at the spa with Mel & Maggie - then the Tallyman collecting things to turn the magical community further against them

It was a good episode, just stupid moves by well Mel mostly

Chelle » join GTmy art