Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2021, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ginny and Georgia #1 - "We’re like The Gilmore Girls but with bigger boobs." - Georgia

Who else is watching or has watched?

I love it, I think its a good mix of dark and comedic stuff. Some scenes/moments are a bit awkward/cringey but its a fun watch.

I didnt want to like Marcus but i cant help it, i do. I like the actor and he and Ginny have good chemistry. Hunter was always so off to me somehow.

I am finishing the series tonight.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

I did watch this. I thought it was a good show.

I wasn't crazy about Hunter either. Plus, the actor looks too old to play a teen.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

I loved this show.

I agree hunter looked way to old to be in HS
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I enjoyed this show a lot, can't wait for season 2!
Old 07-30-2021, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I finished this today. Can finally write a real review!

Xion is good looking, and he seems nice. Its too bad he couldn't stick around. At least Ginny is there for her daughter, despite everything. They clearly are not right for each other since they couldnt make it work so many times already.

Paul is okay, but I just never ever like the actors characters. He always comes off smarmy, even if he's supposed to be the nice guy. Him wanting to marry Georgia after shes been married who knows how many times and after learning she slept with her ex was just odd to me. There is something not right about that relationship.

Joe is SO FREAKING CUTE. But I've liked the actor for a while. He and Georgia have such a sweet relationship, I am really shipping those too and sad that they didn't get more development this season but I think its a slow burn thing. I also like the little banter between Ginny and Joe lol.

Maxine is a hilarious character, she was a bit over the top but I loved her antics. I love that she does sign language too and that she is a lesbian. Her relationship was Sophie was so cute at first but it was very quick and I hated how Sophie just dumped her like that, like wtf. I hope Maxine can have fun and find another love interest with maybe more angst and development. I didnt like how she looked through Marcus' phone... that wasn't cool. And getting so upset about Marcus and Ginny was so weird to me.

Abbey was a good character imo because she had her own sort of issues and backstory that was kept to herself the whole season, so I want to see more there. Yes, she could be a bitch at times but I also felt she was a relatable character. Don't like her much right now but she has potential.

I hated so much how Ginny's friends just threw her under the bus and told Hunter everytihng like that. Like seriously, what crap. I do think she deserves better friends sometimes.

Don't really care about the younger brother all that much, hes just kinda there for me. Also about the other friend in the friend group because we dont know enough about her. I do like Marcus/Maxine's mom though, the actress is funny and relatable at times.

Marcus was such a jerk at first but finding out his backstory made me like him a bit more and he and Ginny do have good chemistry. I kinda hated both of their sex scenes though, they felt unrealistic and weird to me. Plus they are supposed to be 15??? icky..... I wish the show had done that much differently. And the way Ginny went about that whole relationship just wasn't right. From the getgo she was in the wrong sending photos to him and stuff. but I get it, when you really like somone you do dumb things sometimes. She should have been honest with Maxine about how she was feeling right away. I didnt like that Marcus said it was a mistake but I believe him when he said he was just trying to help her out with the friend group. Her just saying that Marcus was gonna hurt her and leaving him YET AGAIN was ridiculous, like come on girl. Hopefully they can fix that next season and take a shot at a real relationship. She needs someone in her corner and I do like their serious talks.

Marcus' rant to Maxine about her personality was so right! We do need to see more sibling moments though imo. I forget they are even related sometimes.

Hunter is just... idk, theres something about him I really dont like. And the fight with Ginny over race was just so icky. I though they both took that too far. But they def. needed to break up! Maybe Abbey/Hunter could be a thing instead.

Fun show, interesting characters and plot. Wonder what season 2 is going to tackle. I wasn't a huge fan of all the flashbacks because I just dont like flashbacks, but it was interesting to learn more about Georgia's life and understand how she got here. People say the show is like gilmore girls, and even they characters said it but its defintely not. lol. Its so much more dramatic and over the top haha. Personally I dont think that Georgia killed her husbands. Maybe that one guy, but maybe she had good reason because he was abusive. As for the other one, i think he just left somehwere.

Last edited by Alexa; 07-30-2021 at 07:51 PM
Old 07-31-2021, 10:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

its been so long since ive watched this show but I will try and comment some.

I do agree about the ginny/Marcus sex scenes they were icky and were done all wrong.

so many people compared this show to Gilmore Girls but I dont think its like it at all.

I really cant wait to see more of Georgia and Joe. I love them and I want them to be together. not a fan of Paul. (love the actor just not the character). I agree that is a weird relationship. he just wants power

cant wait to see what season 2 brings. and I hope ginny and the little bother are ok when they rode off on the bike. I assume they went to find Xion?
Old 07-31-2021, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thats what i thought to, to maybe tell him they want to live wth him. I wonder how that will go.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah they are driving off to a strange new city to find a house they never been before. all they have is an address that was coded in a book. I hope they find him ok.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I see some similarities to Gilmore girls but its definetly not the same show. It's a lot darker. Especially with Georgia past I still root for her though. I like Georgia and joe moments but like Paul she also likes power. I dont feel shes ready to be with Joe maybe if she changes and works on herself. I do agree it's a slow burn. I know Ginny gets a lot of hate but shes going through a lot

I dont really ship on this show I am just along for the ride

Yeah the fight about race was cringey. I agree they both took it to far

Last edited by fox24; 08-02-2021 at 04:29 AM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 08:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

Old 09-09-2021, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just started this, pretty good so far

Love the Gilmore girls reference
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

glad you're enjoying it
Old 09-15-2021, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've finished it, pretty good show... glad I found something else to wait for (Seems like allll of my shows have canceled!)

This show does remind me of Gilmore girls and Good Girls all tied in together
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah I know the feeling
Reply   Post New Thread