Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2019, 04:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Well titans has good writing, but it not the right thing for many teen titan comic fans. Too dark and brutal compared to the comics. Also not sure why cyborg is on doom patrol and not on titans.
well the original 80s TT was dark, but i don't like how they changed every character's backstory. and de-aging raven. that's what i disliked more than anything. that's why i haven't watched it. raven is my fave character from the comics, but from the clips i've seen they really destroyed her character.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-05-2019, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That sucks
Old 04-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Not really a DC fan but TT was always my fav series.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Spent it with visiting and spending time with some family.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 04-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Spier (View Post)

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Spent it with visiting and spending time with some family.
I generally prefer DC, I grew up with superman and supergirl in comics, so they will always remain my most favorite characters, but i got to know many other nice ones, lately also aquaman, as for marvel, well I only read some x-men comics. Apart of this the MCU is my only connection to marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
well the original 80s TT was dark, but i don't like how they changed every character's backstory. and de-aging raven. that's what i disliked more than anything. that's why i haven't watched it. raven is my fave character from the comics, but from the clips i've seen they really destroyed her character.
But they didn't kill random baddies in the streets. I just a read a few issues I got from a friend, so I'm no expert, but Raven seemed like a really cool character but totally obnoxious as portrayed in the show, her writing isn't bad after all, the actress isn't bad, but I agree the way her character is portrayed is really lame, too young and just wearing a hoodie, like even smallvile had better outfits, also starfire, she is too old then (like 30 maybe?) an they should paint the actress, also not a fan they made a literal female human torch burning and throwing flames on the show, instead of going with starfires comic powers. Plus get rid of the prostitute look please. I still have hopes for season two though.

But overal I'm looking forward much more to Swamp Thing and Star Girl. Especially Courtney Whitmore looks like she walked out of a comic book.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

The age of comics coming to life.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Spier (View Post)

Okay, nice
Old 04-08-2019, 06:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
But they didn't kill random baddies in the streets. I just a read a few issues I got from a friend, so I'm no expert, but Raven seemed like a really cool character but totally obnoxious as portrayed in the show, her writing isn't bad after all, the actress isn't bad, but I agree the way her character is portrayed is really lame, too young and just wearing a hoodie, like even smallvile had better outfits, also starfire, she is too old then (like 30 maybe?) an they should paint the actress, also not a fan they made a literal female human torch burning and throwing flames on the show, instead of going with starfires comic powers. Plus get rid of the prostitute look please. I still have hopes for season two though.
well yeah in 80s TT they weren't killing people (though they did end up killing deathstroke's son, IIRC), but there were definitely some mature themes. the cartoon definitely took 1-2 parts of raven and starfire's personalities and ramped them up to 11 (i mean it was a kid's show, so of course it wouldn't be as nuanced) but at least they felt like their original personalities. i don't like the changes they made in the live action show.

if other people enjoy it though, i don't begrudge them that. just wish they could have done some things differently.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-08-2019, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
well yeah in 80s TT they weren't killing people (though they did end up killing deathstroke's son, IIRC), but there were definitely some mature themes. the cartoon definitely took 1-2 parts of raven and starfire's personalities and ramped them up to 11 (i mean it was a kid's show, so of course it wouldn't be as nuanced) but at least they felt like their original personalities. i don't like the changes they made in the live action show.

if other people enjoy it though, i don't begrudge them that. just wish they could have done some things differently.
This is how starfire should've looked like with the same actress.

Btw did you watch captain marvel?
Old 04-09-2019, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 04-10-2019, 04:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Btw did you watch captain marvel?
no, i didn't. i honestly have watched maybe 3 total mcu movies. i was really pissed off at the time that marvel shelved runaways to make room for avengers, et al, so i boycotted them. but now i just don't care enough to watch them.

Quote:
How was everyone's weekend?
pretty good. how was yours, bb?
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-10-2019, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good thanks
Old 04-11-2019, 02:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

glad to hear it. i'm looking forward to the weekend, though i have to wake up at 3am on sunday to get to the airport.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Where are you going?
Old 04-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

going to washington state for work!
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-14-2019, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

How long for?