Old 06-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Addicted Fan

The trailer for The Spectacular Now is at the bottom of this link btw

AfterTheCut | First Trailer for Sundance Winner The Spectacular Now
user4091989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by user4091989 (View Post)
And THIS is one of the main reasons why she didn't want to do big blockbuster films in the first place
lol. Did you read her interview in EW yet? She said she also seriously considered not doing 'Divergent' because she was afraid of how successful it might be and what that might mean for her. She added that her agents basically told her she'd be crazy not to accept the role. I do feel like she genuinely enjoys doing indie films more but ITA with her agents in terms of turning down every blockbuster that comes her way. You really can't do that and have a long-term, successful career as an actor or actress. You've got to somehow find a nice balance. So far, she's doing a great job of that.

Btw anyone else finding it funny now that many of the Spidey fans are b!tching about this news of MJ being cut from 'ASM2' and possibly even recast? I sure do.

'The Spectacular Now' trailer is on youtube for those who live out of the country and couldn't see the other one.

Last edited by GRITS83; 06-19-2013 at 09:03 PM
GRITS83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw TSN trailer Is anyone reminded of the movie A Walk to Remember when thinking about this movie? It really seems a lot like it to me
Old 06-20-2013, 06:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinedByTheStars (View Post)
I take issue with the fact that Shai might be cut (if she hasn't been already) just because she's Tris in Divergent. I mean, really? They couldn't give her a better reason than that? It sounds like Shai was excited to be MJ and they already cast her in the first place. She even shot her scenes already. For her to be cut now doesn't quite sit well with me. I guess we'll see what happens...
She may get recasted because filming for TASM3 may clash with filming for the planned Insurgent. Maybe TASM3 peeps didn't want any other committment interrupting their schedule. They have been filming for 6 months so far with no end in sight.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
I saw TSN trailer Is anyone reminded of the movie A Walk to Remember when thinking about this movie? It really seems a lot like it to me
It reminds me of the 80's classic, 'Say Anything'. Miles Teller even reminds me a lot of a young John Cusack.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRITS83 (View Post)
It reminds me of the 80's classic, 'Say Anything'. Miles Teller even reminds me a lot of a young John Cusack.
Yes I agree.. he does looks like a young John Cusack I like John Cusack...he's a very good actor
maganda072005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

LOVE the trailer! It seems so surreal to finally have it...to think it is almost a year since we got those first photos of her on set. I hope we see a lot more leading up to the release

Disappointed by her being dropped from TASM2 - seems a pretty shady move on behalf of Marc Webb et al. But I think in many ways, it will help her career...not hinder it. I didn't care much for the first movie and if she is recast for future films, it gives her the opportunity to do smaller indie films like TSN, Fault in Our Stars, with real substance and room for her to grow as an actress. One blockbuster series is fine for Shai - perhaps dealing with two would have really been too much for her and meant she couldn't make the smaller movies she loves to do.
alexa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

There are some rumors the role has already been recast. If true, it's a very shady move on Sony's part. I don't think Marc Webb is to blame. I really believe he's probably a large reason why Shai was cast as MJ to begin with. There has been a lot of talk that he won't be returning to direct 'ASM3' and 'ASM4'. If true, that could be a major reason Shai was possibly dropped from the films. She may never have been Sony's choice to begin with. She may've been Marc Webb's choice, and if he is out for the final two films, that would explain why Shai may be out as well.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
There are some rumors the role has already been recast. If true, it's a very shady move on Sony's part. I don't think Marc Webb is to blame. I really believe he's probably a large reason why Shai was cast as MJ to begin with. There has been a lot of talk that he won't be returning to direct 'ASM3' and 'ASM4'. If true, that could be a major reason Shai was possibly dropped from the films. She may never have been Sony's choice to begin with. She may've been Marc Webb's choice, and if he is out for the final two films, that would explain why Shai may be out as well.
I can see that . . .well good luck to them cause the first one wasn't the hit they thought it would be, and now with characters being added every two seconds for this one .. . fans are already nervous it may be too crowded, but we will see.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait for TSN, and love the stills but is anyone as irritated as I am about the stills having text on them?! I know they wanted it that way but they should have released a textless version for each one
Old 06-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The TSN trailer link doesn't work in the UK? Hope it'll be on yt soon
Old 06-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlennie (View Post)
The TSN trailer link doesn't work in the UK? Hope it'll be on yt soon
It is on youtube.

The Spectacular Now - Trailer - YouTube
Old 06-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

tsn looks really good, i'm hoping for an international release so i can see it in the theaters too.

it would be really shady. there are rumors that sarah gadon was cast as the new mj. any truth to this? i haven't seen any of her work though so i can't say anything. it just seems really fast if they already cast her when it was only announced that shai's mj won't be shown in tas2 a couple days ago, i think? although this will give her an opportunity to do more films she would love to do, kinda feel bad for her because she's already filmed and worked for it, only for her scenes to be dropped.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thank you so much

ETA: OMGGGG it looks so good
Old 06-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm kind of meh about this movie. I think it's great that it's getting such good reviews, but it seems a little cliche to me. When I saw The Descendants trailer I felt like I had to see the movie. This one I'll probably wait until it's out on DVD.
user4091989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread