Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sandra Bullock Campaign: She's America's sweetheart we all love her

Sandra Annette Bullock born July 26, 1964, is an American actress who came to fame in the 1990s, after roles in successful films such as Speed and While You Were Sleeping. She has since established her career as a well-known leading Hollywood actress, with films such as Miss Congeniality and Crash, which received critical acclaim. In 2007, she was ranked as the 14th richest female celebrity with an estimated fortune of $85 million. In 2009, at the age of 45, Bullock starred in the most financially successful films of her career, The Proposal and The Blind Side—also earning her dual Golden Globe nominations; one for each performance, at the 67th Golden Globe Awards in January 2010. On Wednesday, January 6, 2010, Bullock won a People's Choice Awards for Favorite Movie Actress. Her film, The Proposal, won the People's Choice Award for Favorite Comedy Movie.

Sandra Annette Bullock was born in Arlington, Virginia, the daughter of Helga D. Meyer, a German opera singer and part-time vocal coach, and John W. Bullock, a voice coach and executive from Alabama. Bullock's maternal grandfather was a rocket scientist from Nuremberg, Germany. Bullock lived in Nuremberg until age twelve, where she sang in the opera's children's choir at the Staatstheater Nürnberg. She frequently traveled with her mother on her opera tours, and lived in Germany and other parts of Europe for much of her childhood. She is fluent in German. Bullock studied ballet and vocal arts as a child, taking small parts in her mother's opera productions.

Bullock attended Washington-Lee High School, where she was a cheerleader, participated in high school theater productions and dated a football player. She graduated in 1982 and enrolled in East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. She left East Carolina during her senior year in the spring of 1986, only three credits short of graduating, to pursue an acting career. She moved to Manhattan to pursue auditions and supported herself with a variety of odd jobs (bartender, cocktail waitress, coat checker, etc.

Bullock later completed her coursework at East Carolina University.

While in New York, Bullock took acting classes at the Neighborhood Playhouse. She appeared in several student films, and later landed a role in an Off-Broadway play No Time Flat. Director Alan J. Levi was impressed by Bullock's performance and offered her a part in the made-for-TV movie Bionic Showdown: The Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman (1989). After filming the TV movie, Bullock stayed in Los Angeles and was cast in a series of small roles in several independent films as well as in the lead role of the short-lived NBC television version of the film Working Girl (1990). She later appeared in several films, such as Love Potion No. 9 (1992), The Thing Called Love (1993) and Fire on the Amazon (in which she agreed to appear topless if the camera did not show that much; she covered herself with duct tape, which apparently was somewhat painful to remove).

One of Bullock's first notable movie appearances was in the science-fiction/action movie Demolition Man (1993), which starred Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes. This role then led to her break-through performance in Speed the following year. She became a high-level movie star in the late 1990s, carrying a string of successes, including While You Were Sleeping, replacing actress Demi Moore, who was originally scheduled to star, and Miss Congeniality. Bullock received $11 million dollars for Speed 2: Cruise Control and $17.5 million dollars for Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous.

Bullock was selected as one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in 1996 and 1999, and was also ranked #58 in Empire magazine's Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time list. She was presented with the 2002 Raúl Juliá Award for Excellence for her efforts, as the executive producer of the sitcom The George Lopez Show, in helping expand career openings for Hispanic talent in the media and entertainment industry. She also made several appearances on the show as Accident Amy, an accident-prone employee at the factory Lopez's character manages. In 2002, she starred opposite Hugh Grant in the global hit Two Weeks Notice.

In 2005, Bullock had a supporting role in the film Crash. She received positive reviews for her performance, with some critics suggesting that it was the best performance of her career. Bullock later appeared in The Lake House, a romantic drama also starring her Speed co-star, Keanu Reeves; it was released on June 16, 2006. Because their film characters are separated throughout the film (due to the plot revolving around time travel), Bullock and Reeves were only on set together for two weeks during filming. The same year, Bullock appeared in Infamous, playing author Harper Lee. Bullock also starred in Premonition with Julian McMahon, which was released in March 2007. 2009 has proved to be especially good for Bullock, giving the actress two record highs in her career as earlier in year she released The Proposal, a huge hit that has taken in more than $314 million at the box office worldwide making it her most successful picture to date. In November 2009, Bullock starred in The Blind Side, which opened at #2 behind New Moon with $34.2 million, making it her highest opening weekend ever. The Blind Side is unique in that it had a 17.6% increase at the box office its second weekend, and it took the top spot of the box office in its third weekend. The movie cost $29 million to make according the Box Office Mojo. It has grossed over $200 million to date, making it her highest grossing film and the first movie in history to pass the $200 million mark with only one top-billed female star.

Bullock runs her own production company, Fortis Films. Her sister, Gesine Bullock-Prado, was president of the company, but has since quit the business and moved to Montpelier, Vermont, where she opened a pastry shop and published a book. Her father, John Bullock, is the company's CEO. Bullock was an executive producer of The George Lopez Show, which garnered a lucrative syndication deal that banked her some $10 million (co-produced with Robert Borden). Bullock tried to produce a film based on F.X. Toole's short story, Million-Dollar Baby, but could not interest the studios in a female boxing drama. The story was eventually adapted and directed by Clint Eastwood as the Oscar-winning film, Million Dollar Baby (2004). Bullock's production company, Fortis Films, also produced All About Steve, which was released in September 2009.

Sandra has now been considered as the front runner for this years 2010 Oscars. Winning the Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Awards for best actress. She's now an Oscar winning Actress for the Blind Side 2010.[/CENTER]

a creative one
agiepagie07
agne
AI lover
Aimyy.Leigh
AisicsRule
alexis bledel the best
AmericanDirrty
antisocial
babygirl23
bellagrey13
BoneLady
BrightTerri
xbrittnoel21x
BrittyKay247
Californian
chasin' the wind
dallas girl
darensgirll
.dEpp.
Devoted Soul
EESO32
Evie
exmodel
Fairy*

forensicduck
ghostlovescore
Go Clo
Hamburgo1001
Imagine*
ina_am
IndyFan
irulan
Laurababora
Lauren_______Graham
*Lethe's Bramble*
Libra
lisagslack14
LukaAbbyLover
maja m&m
mattuf1
ღmaybe this time
Melanie Garcia
Metaphors_Are_Important
Miss Fate
Motoko Ayoama
MrღMrsStinsbatskys
NathieGomes
*Nora*
Pasadora
*PassionateJ*
perrygraham
~Phoenix~
PurplexMoon
Queen C
rebeccacullen
red wine stains
Scheming Star
Shamone
Sincerely, Me.
spuffy_rox
summer______17
*sunsetmemories
Talkitive One
tatibsblp
tought c0okie
vessy

Please ask to be added if you like Sandra and will vote for her in the future.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga

Last edited by MrღMrsStinsbatskys; 03-02-2014 at 07:24 AM
Old 01-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Add me for sure !

I love her , She's Amazing !!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Added, welcome!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Please add me! I totally adore Sandra Bullock!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for opening the thread

Add me, please!

Old 01-10-2010, 03:37 AM
Elite Fan

Add me

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added everyone!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

please add me.
i love sandra soo much!
she was soo funny at the critics choice awards and i loved her dress at the golden globes.

her performance in the blind side was amazing and it is now my favorite movie. she was soo funny in the proposal!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added you Emily, welcome!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Please add me
Sandra is so talented. I've seen a few of her movies and recently saw The Blind Side and she was great and really beautiful in it
Old 01-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just added you Brandon, welcome!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

thanks!

ahh im in such a mood to see the blind side AGAIN tonight haha
Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was an amazing movie, i'm very proud of her she has been doing such wonderful work lately. Can't wait to see her at the SAG awards tonight.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Add me? plz
Closed Thread   Post New Thread