Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2023, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yes, that was the plan: reopen the old board

Old 04-06-2023, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I won't be campaigning for the board further. Good luck and thank you.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:44 AM
Graphics Team

What? Why? You're not interested in LOTR anymore?
We're not guaranteed to get a board at any time, so for me I'd always be as patient as possible. I mean there's other shows and such I would like a board for and that seem like no one is interested in getting.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 04-06-2023, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so sorry to hear that.
Old 04-06-2023, 02:24 PM
Graphics Team

I suppose I will submit LOTR for the next polls then?
Old 04-06-2023, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

A poll that didn't end up as expected it's not the end of the world, come campaigns stay open for years or even decades (in that case I really admire the energy). If you still want the board, cK, then why stopping campaigning so abruptly? You were so excited!

Old 04-07-2023, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still want the board re-opened. It is not about the poll results, we don't know anything anyways. Because, it's not a transparent process unfortunately. But, I was still excited till I got an infraction just because I asked a question and didn't find the respond beneficial enough. I just didn't wanna post here, at least for sometime... I guess.
Old 04-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

You’re not the only one unhappy with the process. And if enough of us are unhappy with it, shouldn’t that be a reason to change it? It’d only be fair.
Old 04-08-2023, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice choco (View Post)
It would be great if enough submissions were made so we could have two votes.

The more eligible submissions, the better chance at having more votes so people won't just have to vote for one.

I would love to have a LOTR board, and wasn't around when the old was here so.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:51 PM
Website Manager

First off, this thread should be discussing the campaign for LOTR and stuff related to that, but since it's been brought up numerous times I'll take the time to respond to some of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
You’re not the only one unhappy with the process. And if enough of us are unhappy with it, shouldn’t that be a reason to change it? It’d only be fair.
I mean we could close the Requests board, due to a lack of overall interest in apparently getting boards added. Less and less people seem to want to vote for anything, whether it's for a lack of interest in any of the options on the poll, some other reason, or just not caring enough to check in on them consistently.

The rules have been there for years, we want people to vote for what they want added, and not be influenced by what happens to be winning on a particular month. (ie voting for a board simply for the board you really want to get added will have a better shot in a later month)

Numerous boards have been closing lately due to a lack of activity or interest in them. Our latest board to be added has significantly decreased in numbers on their latest week despite there being loads to talk about. Not saying the numbers are bad, but interest sometimes wanes on a subject matter over time.

We've been more than lenient with the polls for awhile now, if we weren't the polls would likely never run due to the number of votes being low. Most of the poll would be on the ineligible requests list. The person who mentioning knowing how many people voted? Well 10 or less used to get submissions on the ineligible requests list. If this happened to the one who was in first place... guess that would mean all Requests submitted would then be ineligible for 3 months if we weren't being lenient with them.

We gave Law & Order a shot due to it being consistently on top for a few months when the poll was running... despite the number of votes being much less than what we were looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Then, people who said they voted lied, I guess... :/
We can see who voted, and asking for friends (or another campaign) to vote for something they may not even post on doesn't really help anybody in the long run. Sure a board might open for a bit, but if the people aren't around to post on it, it'll just end up closing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B ē tt ⓨ (View Post)
It would be great if enough submissions were made so we could have two votes.

The more eligible submissions, the better chance at having more votes so people won't just have to vote for one.
We also got a bunch of campaigns for boards that never seem to get submitted for the poll despite some of them having been on the board for years and relatively active. Though 2 or more votes requires more checking after words as there is no way to prevent the option for someone to pick both moderate and post on the same board.

It would be great if there was more submitted, but we can't nor do we want to force people to submit things. Some campaigns might want to make sure they got a good amount of interest before submitting them. If there is nobody who ultimately wants to moderate a board, it won't be added, whether it wins the poll with a good number of people who want to post on it or not. If a board doesn't have someone to step up and want to moderate it, it'll close even if the traffic is good... so if a campaign doesn't have anyone who wants to moderate it, then it's kind of pointless to have them submit it. It's why we ask this on the poll now, there have been numerous times we've added a board and have struggled to find a moderator.
Old 04-09-2023, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice choco (View Post)
If you could that would be great.

Thanks for the feedback Johnnie. I know it has been hard to get enough votes on this board. For my part I don't vote often because I know I won't post on a particular board. Obviously with LOTR that would not be the case.

I think from our perspective we would just like to have feedback on polls just so we know how decisions are being made. From what you're saying we would need a decent (relatively speaking) vote for a number of different polls. It's worth knowing that, as I really didn't know that was how it worked.

I agree it can be hard for new boards to get decent traffic, and I absolutely would not want to open boards only to have to close them again.
Old 04-09-2023, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Did anyone watch the LOTR: Rings of Power series?

I couldn't get into it, but maybe I should try again.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:09 AM
Graphics Team

Thanks for all that Johnnie.

And no I haven’t got around to checking out The Rings of Power yet. A lot of people said it wasn’t that good? But then I might like it I dunno yet. I’ll have to wait and see.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

I don't know that it wasn't necessarily good per se, but when you're so used to a certain dynamic, aka Jackson's visuals and direction and actors in roles, it can be hard to see those characters you've come to love 'younger' and with not the same face.

Of course they can't be the same actor but Galadriel is hard to see in the younger actress.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't expect to enjoy Rings of Power at all from everything said about it, but I truly think it was fantastic. It does start slow, but it pays off so well. You should absolutely watch it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread