Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2021, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by love on the brain (View Post)
Add me please?
I was a fan of the original and I'm curious about this one. Can't wait to see it!
Added

I'm very very curious too! Few days left @fire for a heart it's great that's going to be streamed in Australia too!

Some press reviews are coming out, I think they watched only the first four episodes. They're not much impressed or excited (I read just three of them), I think the most positive one I read is the Variety one. All those I read though agree that Max is the most "complete" and best written character.

If you want to read them

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/07/go...ot-1234648632/
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...source=twitter
https://variety.com/2021/tv/reviews/...ax-1235010017/ (Safran retweeted this with the party emoji)

This twitter thread is particularily interesting, especially when she says that yes, they live in the same world of the OGs, but they don't really know much or care about them because why should they care about 30something people? Which has sense.
https://twitter.com/eiffeltyler/stat...87389619736586

Personally I don't buy press critics too much, usually if they say the show is meh or not completely convincing, I like it or love it, even I have to watch myself, to decide.

EDIT: A sneek peek

Last edited by airali_glo; 07-05-2021 at 12:22 PM
Old 07-06-2021, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love seeing all the add requests!
Old 07-06-2021, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Same! I hope also that all those who lurk this thread (I'm sure there are many, with all the views it got) are going to vote for the board, when it's time

Two days by the way this morning on IG I accidentally spoilered myself about who GG is, so because no, even if I see a WARNING, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW DON'T GO AHEAD I obviously keep reading

I basically found out two days in advance ahahah

Last edited by airali_glo; 07-06-2021 at 09:19 AM
Old 07-06-2021, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I can't find an official source, but it seems the show has already been renewed

https://twitter.com/gossipgirlfile/s...62533928271878

And a new sneek peek. I read that it's Julien that got Zoya into Constance (so she knows they're half-sisters). I like the way she look at her, here, too bad that I'm sure it's going to change completely when Zoya starts an affair with Otto...

https://twitter.com/lifeoffrbd/statu...89213560373249

Last edited by airali_glo; 07-06-2021 at 01:13 PM
Old 07-06-2021, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

thats awesome when it hasnt aired

{}
Old 07-07-2021, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love all the Twitter pics!
Old 07-07-2021, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire for a heart (View Post)
thats awesome when it hasnt aired
Yeah! Anyway let's wait for the official confirmation by HBO, that's just a tweet.

Interesting interview. I like the reply when Safran says that if you're looking for the original, that's where your problem is. You know I kinda hated all that chatting on Twitter about all the reasons why this is going to suck for sure. I'm talking about the OG fans (critics are critics and honestly most of them aren't even the right age target for this show).
Of course it's possible this isn't going to be good, but why don't just wait for the episodes to air and then decide? It happened to me also when the Nikita reboot was announced, like fans of the OG canadian show were all like oh this is going to suck for sure, nothing can compare to the OG, there's only one Nikita and it's not the CW one. I don't know, sometimes I feel like these people think they're cooler of better than the otrhers just because they like the OG show. I've seen them quoting stuff from reviews as "proof" that it's clearly bad, being like see? I told you so! But you can like the OG and this one too - or don't.

I'd say let's just wait and watch first, then if it's not your cup of tea then au revoir.

I wonder why with the GG fandom everything has always to be so complicated and dramatic

https://www.looper.com/453864/gossip...mpaign=twitter

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifesty...a4a6f88d19a7bb

Spoiler about Max and what's said in the link above!
[sp]Max and the teacher, oh well. It's a man we also see in the official trailer for a tiny second. I think he's the one who refuses Max several times, as a review says, but I remember an interview with Safran a few weeks ago where he said they had just filmed a sex scene between two men, with one being older than the other (and the older man being the most reluctant of the two). OH WELL. Max is a minor, right? Even though nobody goes to jail in this show...[sp]

Old 07-07-2021, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Just wanted to say that the episode will be available at midnight (Pacific Time) on HBO Max. On the CW it airs tomorrow, I don't know the time (I guess it will be edited, anyway).

It will probably be the same every week.

Don't forget to comment here, after you watched it this applies to everybody, of course, not just for those who campaign

At 9 PM there will be an online fsshion show or something, I don't know.

Last edited by airali_glo; 07-07-2021 at 01:17 PM
Old 07-07-2021, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

hope it's good!
Old 07-07-2021, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Yeah, let's hope! I'm optimistic

Old 07-07-2021, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Well since I hated the meanness in the original, I am looking forward to that being toned down.
Old 07-07-2021, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Same! I feel Monet is going to be Very Mean, though.

More about Julien/Zoya

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/goss...erena-vs-blair

And also short "portraits" of the characters. Interesting that Max is also loving and kind!

https://t.co/w7laYptqxn

Old 07-08-2021, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the links and videos!
Old 07-08-2021, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just watched it definitely more related to new generation

im curious to see more of it

just surprised the teachers are behind

{}
Old 07-08-2021, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Sooooooooooooo here we are!

I have to say that I'm intrigued and I like it. A LOT. You can totally see it's the first episode because it starts a little slow, but hey I'm hooked!

My favorite is Max, Thomas is so damn good that really how can you not love his character? I also feel he's going to show some deep hurt or something, as we go on, because when drugs are involved there's always something, inside.

As I said I ship him with Aki - only Aki. This throuple starts more with Audrey wanting to spice things up, because her relationship with Aki is clearly not like before. We see only her point of view in this first episode, Aki one is way less evident, but I'm sure it will develop into something more. After all he is the one really experimenting and discovering himself, Audrey is straight and Max is pan, they already know who they are. Also since this is tv and not real life, I feel (and hope) this menage à trois is going to change at some point, because otherwise...how boring! Sure in real life there are happy poliamory throuples, but on tv it works less, I think.
I hope Max and Aki are going to fall in love, at some point! And Aki and Audrey becoming friends like Blair and Nate ended up being.

The wardrobe scene killed me, I was like THE TENSIONNNNNNNNNN.

Wow, Monet and Luna are mean it's not necessarily a bad thing, for now I prefer Monet over Luna, though.

Julien and Zoya. Okay, that conflict was inevitable, it started slow and toned down (LOL at Luna taking pictures of Max you know what for her scheme, with him being like READY!). I'm sure it's going to get worse when Zoya and Obie are getting their affair, I'm curious to see.
Julien is a very interesting character, because she hides herself and doesn't want to show her true self to the world. She seems strong, but I think she's not.

Okay the teachers. I like them so much I don't know, maybe because they're 30-something people like me and they say things that I would say too, somehow, but I just loved that they're absolutely uncool, but focused on the mission of being the new GG (I feel the hot teacher isn't going to be so okay with it, when Max comes into the picture. We'll see).
By the way I can't already with all those saying that's immoral for adults to spying on teens - IT'S A TV SHOW, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO TEACH ANYTHING. Or be "moral". Sorry, I just can't with such talking when it's a work of fiction.

I don't like Obie. He seems sneaky, I don't know. Also he has literally zero chemistry with Julien.

SO I really look forward to the other episodes!

Have you noticed this parallel?

https://twitter.com/deebabyx0x/statu...59679190716419

And all the Nate and Chair mentions at the beginning!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread