Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fever Series (Special Requests) Campaign Thread ~ Feel the heat

Welcome to the Fever Series Campaign Thread

Lane’s life is good. She has great friends, a decent job, and a car that breaks down only every other week or so. In other words, she’s your perfectly ordinary twenty-first-century woman. Or so she thinks…until something extraordinary happens.

When her sister is murdered, leaving a single clue to her death–a cryptic message on Mac’s cell phone–Mac journeys to Ireland in search of answers. The quest to find her sister’s killer draws her into a shadowy realm where nothing is as it seems, where good and evil wear the same treacherously seductive mask. She is soon faced with an even greater challenge: staying alive long enough to learn how to handle a power she had no idea she possessed–a gift that allows her to see beyond the world of man, into the dangerous realm of the Fae….

As Mac delves deeper into the mystery of her sister’s death, her every move is shadowed by the dark, mysterious Jericho, a man with no past and only mockery for a future. As she begins to close in on the truth, the ruthless Vlane–an alpha Fae who makes sex an addiction for human women–closes in on her. And as the boundary between worlds begins to crumble, Mac’s true mission becomes clear: find the elusive Sinsar Dubh before someone else claims the all-powerful Dark Book–because whoever gets to it first holds nothing less than complete control of the very fabric of both worlds in their hands. . . .

Mackayla Lane's ordinary life underwent a complete makeover when she landed on Ireland's shores and was plunged into a dark, deadly realm unlike any she ever imagined. In her fight to stay alive, Mac must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year old book of the blackest magic imaginable that holds the key to power over both the worlds of Fae and Man. Pursued by Fae assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she cannot trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and irresistible men: V'lane, the insatiable Fae, who can turn sensual arousal into an obsession for any woman; and the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as alluring as he is mysterious.

For centuries, the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them...

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I'd die for him. I'd kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister's journal, she is stunned by Alina's desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister's killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac's quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V'lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

As All Hallows Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds with devastating consequences.

MacKayla Lane lies naked on the cold stone floor of a church, at the mercy of the erotic Fae master she once swore to kill. Far from home, unable to control her sexual hungers, MacKayla is now fully under the Lord Master's spell. In the New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning's stunning new novel, the walls between human and Fae worlds have come crashing down. And as Mac fights for survival on Dublin's battle-scarred streets, she will embark on the darkest-and most erotically charged-adventure of her life.

He has stolen her past, but MacKayla will never allow her sister's murderer to take her future. Yet even the uniquely gifted sidhe-seer is no match for the Lord Master, who has unleashed an insatiable sexual craving that consumes Mac's every thought-and thrusts her into the seductive realm of two very dangerous men, both of whom she desires but dares not trust.

As the enigmatic Jericho Barrons and the sensual Fae prince V'lane vie for her body and soul, as she rallies the sidhe-seers to fight an impossible battle, and the power of the Dark Book weaves its annihilating path through the city, Mac's greatest enemy delivers a final challenge...

It's an invitation Mac cannot refuse, one that sends her racing home to Georgia, where an even darker threat awaits. With her parents missing and the lives of her loved ones under siege, Mac is about to come face-to-face with a soul-shattering truth-about herself, and about the world she thought she knew.

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals that have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief, while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh--a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King that contains the power to create and destroy worlds.

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.

Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman that haunts her dreams? More importantly, who is Mac and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

From the luxury of the Lord Master's penthouse, to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover, to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world...or destroy it.

Supporters
  1. **Alex**
  2. **Eternal**125
  3. *DaretoDream*
  4. *hazel*
  5. ACE732
  6. a creative one
  7. Alessia20
  8. anna0000
  9. Andie
  10. Andra
  11. Angelcakes_UK
  12. Arriana
  13. ashleyt
  14. attract your dreams ♥
  15. autumn_hope
  16. babygirl23
  17. BA4eva
  18. blueschild007
  19. Burning Up A Sun
  20. Burn Our History
  21. BrathanSupporter
  22. britbritfan82
  23. Cappuccino
  24. carraboo
  25. Cathangel
  26. Chophia4life
  27. Chris
  28. Chrissalaugha
  29. chrissy1302
  30. Christian'sKimberDoll
  31. colorblind
  32. Comfortably Numb
  33. Cookie
  34. courtney921
  35. courtneybangelcakes
  36. CrashandBurn9
  37. crazy-shipper
  38. lost in you
  39. Daph
  40. defyprobability
  41. Endless Fighter
  42. ElizaSparrow
  43. Endless Obsession ♥
  44. Enigma
  45. Eviekins15
  46. Fading Letters
  47. Falling.For.You
  48. Fearlessღ
  49. FeatherBlossoms
  50. fictitious ways
  51. Floveleyton
  52. FreedomsBullets
  53. Honey-Girl
  54. I_Mean_These_Word
  55. infallible love
  56. JZBlover
  57. KC and LP Fan
  58. Kervy
  59. kfrancis08
  60. K'Vruck
  61. ladybug70981
  62. Laurababora
  63. LauzG
  64. Leyton4ever!
  65. LG rocks my socks
  66. Liam = Hot&Bad
  67. lisagslack14
  68. lisztomania
  69. living destiny
  70. IluvChad18
  71. LostCandy
  72. love fades
  73. lynaem
  74. maja_m&m
  75. michelleackles
  76. miSStakentriSh
  77. missy7280
  78. montana_rosalie
  79. MsDelusional
  80. MTG11687
  81. Moonless Night
  82. NessaBruin
  83. Never Harm You
  84. never think
  85. nonie
  86. oneflyCHICK
  87. only dreaming
  88. Pasadora
  89. Pickle-weasel!
  90. Pinkalicious
  91. Priya
  92. Queen of Babble
  93. RachaelAM
  94. rebeccacullen
  95. s e r e n i t y
  96. sethamgal
  97. Shadow kissed
  98. Shadowhunter
  99. she.is.not.you
  100. sidhe-seer
  101. snatches of sunshine
  102. speak slow
  103. ssbailey
  104. Ssamaltha
  105. Stacie18
  106. stargate_barbie
  107. Stay to the Lights
  108. stellalovesLP
  109. Stefigus
  110. stormyweather2
  111. SXCis22
  112. Talkative One
  113. TessShipper
  114. timtyra
  115. True Daisy lover
  116. truroswellian
  117. violet wings
  118. weena
  119. XXREESE1XX
  120. yodawannabe
  121. YoursToHold
  122. ~lipstick
  123. ~*Nikki*~
  124. ღBeautifulDisaster
Links:
Fever Series Discussion Thread @ the Books board
Fever Series Discussion Thread @ SciFi / Fantasy board
Mac&JZB Thread @ the Couples Board
Official Website of Bestselling Author Karen Marie Moning

Last edited by sidhe-seer; 01-15-2011 at 04:32 AM
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add Me Add Me!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

nevermind
Old 01-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Added you Welcome
Old 01-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks Andie

loves the OP, maybe we could also add links to KMM's site and blog, she talks about the books there and any news about the possible movies might be found there once/if they are up
Old 01-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Great idea!

Please ad mee.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Andie

The opening looks awesome
Old 01-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy1302 (View Post)
Please ad mee.
Adding you now

Kasia, I added a link to her homepage and links to the threads at

Glad you like it, Nad
Old 01-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

How do we want to tackle the campaign?

Adding links to the campaign thread to our signatures is one thing, how about icons and using some quotes in our sigs draw attention?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

Add me pleeeeeease?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The Fever series rights have been optioned by Twentieth Century Fox/New Regency Productions.
can they just move their Petunias and do the movie already ? that would help us as well
Old 01-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912 (View Post)
How do we want to tackle the campaign?
Good question. First of all I think we need to make more posters aware of the Fever series, get them to read them all.. basically get addicted like we are

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe2912 (View Post)
Adding links to the campaign thread to our signatures is one thing, how about icons and using some quotes in our sigs draw attention?
That sounds like a good idea. Adding the campaign thread in our sigs accompanied with a quote that makes them wanna check it out. Icons are always great. We could maybe get some from the covers, quote icons and maybe some with a 'fictional cast'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Fighter (View Post)
Add me pleeeeeease?
Adding you now Jule Welcome

It's great to see more posters join the campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by let me sign (View Post)
can they just move their Petunias and do the movie already ? that would help us as well
That option totally gets my vote

Just imagine seeing a trailer at the movies...
Old 01-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Just imagine seeing a trailer at the movies...
Barrons this is all I need to die happy..
Old 01-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
Good question. First of all I think we need to make more posters aware of the Fever series, get them to read them all.. basically get addicted like we are

That sounds like a good idea. Adding the campaign thread in our sigs accompanied with a quote that makes them wanna check it out. Icons are always great. We could maybe get some from the covers, quote icons and maybe some with a 'fictional cast'.
I agree that making more posters aware is key - I found out about the series through the book board at FF and i feel like anyone who has become aware of the books and read them has loved them

I am totally up for graphics (as you can tell by my avie and signature!) but unfortunately I can't make them Is there anyone who is gifted in this area and would be willing to make some campaign avatars/art?

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i can help making graphics, since this is like one thing I'm quite not bad at
maybe we could put significant quotes in the signatures or so, but once that wouldn't spoil the story