Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Anything new to share?
Old 11-28-2023, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

HOLIDAYS 2023 CELEBS STOCK UP ON GRUB ...'TIS THE SEASON TO EAT!!!

Quote:
Some other stars who picked up groceries over the past several days or so ... Shay Mitchell, Chace Crawford and Stella Maxwell, all of whom walked out with a bag or two in hand.

It's that time of the year for everybody, famous or otherwise ... time to loosen those belts.
“Try The TurKracken”: The Boys Has Perfect Response To Unhinged Thanksgiving Suggestion

The Biggest Problem With That 'Gossip Girl' Reveal Isn't Dan
Old 11-29-2023, 09:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for sharing
Old 11-30-2023, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome.

Old 12-02-2023, 03:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

Glad that the whole video interview was released on YT

Loved that one
Old 12-04-2023, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too.

Thanks for submitting Chace.

'The Boys Season 4' Teaser Trailer Absorbs Us In Its Chaotic, Disastrous World
Old 12-05-2023, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 12-06-2023, 01:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

You’re welcome

Thanks for sharing
Old 12-06-2023, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

You're most welcome.
Old 12-08-2023, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Boys – Cast and Character Guide (Seasons 1-4)

Quote:
5. The Deep (played by Chace Crawford):

Chace Crawford – An American actor and former model, Chace Crawford takes on the role of The Deep, a member of “The Seven” with a need for validation and personal redemption. Prior to “The Boys,” Crawford gained prominence for his role as Nate Archibald in the popular television series “Gossip Girl.” Crawford’s physical presence and expressive facial expressions bring The Deep to life, allowing audiences to witness his journey from a self-absorbed, misogynistic superhero to a character slowly striving for introspection and personal growth. Crawford infuses both empathy and occasional humor into The Deep, presenting a character that evolves beyond initial expectations.

Chace Crawford’s background in television, particularly his breakout role in “Gossip Girl,” showcased his ability to portray complex characters with depth. In “The Boys,” Crawford’s charismatic presence and comedic timing add layers of complexity to The Deep. He effectively portrays the character’s narcissism and insecurities, while also offering glimpses of remorse and a desire for personal redemption. Crawford’s performance highlights The Deep’s journey of self-discovery and growth, making him a captivating character within the show’s morally ambiguous world.
Richest 'Gossip Girl' Cast Members Ranked From Lowest to Highest (& the Wealthiest Has a Net Worth of $30 Million!

Quote:
4. Chace Crawford (Nate Archibald)

$6 million
Old 12-10-2023, 02:01 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for sharing
Old 12-11-2023, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome.

Which Gossip Girl Character Was Modeled After Jared Kushner?

Quote:
The original iteration of "Gossip Girl" — not the disastrous Max reboot that ultimately got canceled after two seasons — focused on "the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite," so it stands to reason that they occasionally took inspiration from real-life figures. Serena van der Woodsen, played by Blake Lively, seems like she could be based on famous New York City socialites like Brooke Astor and Cornelia Guest, and she might be directly based on Hadley Nagel. On the male side, high society is teeming with spoiled, haughty boys and men like Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick). According to creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, another prominent male character, Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford), was directly based on one Manhattan figure: Jared Kushner.

While speaking to Rolling Stone about their other beloved teen soap "The O.C.," Schwartz and Savage confirmed that Kushner, son of now-disgraced real estate mogul Charles Kushner, inspired Nate's trajectory. "It was for sure an inspiration," Savage said. "It's literally like, his dad went to jail for financial crimes, and he bought an Upper East Side newspaper to try to do positive stories about his family. We were like, 'Let's do that!'"

As Savage noted, Kushner and his wife, Ivanka Trump, also appeared on "Gossip Girl," bringing everything full circle. "Jared and Ivanka were also on the show when they were just normal New York City socialites, and the crazy thing is the life that they had after that," she continued, referencing the fact that Ivanka's father, Donald Trump, would later become U.S. President.

What happens to Nate Archibald throughout Gossip Girl?

It does make perfect sense that Nate Archibald is a re-imagining of Jared Kushner, whose father famously faced over a dozen criminal charges in 2005. As "Gossip Girl" begins, Nate is a normal teenager, insofar as he's a part of the presumably powerful Archibald family and is the recipient of an enormous amount of privilege. He and his parents disagree about where he should go to college and he's not sure if he wants to stay with his high-school sweetheart Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) long-term. This all falls apart, though, when his father Howard's (Sam Robards) issues with addiction are revealed. He's also committed various financial offenses like embezzlement and fraud.

The major difference between Nate and Kushner, besides that the former is fictional and the latter is all too real, is that the shadow cast over Nate in the aftermath of his father's improprieties basically stops mattering after a while. Nate simply exists within "Gossip Girl" past a certain point, dating Blair, Serena, Vanessa (Jessica Szohr), and various other beautiful women throughout the series. He does get involved with publishing, though, joining the ranks of The Spectator — a send-up of The New York Observer, the outlet formerly owned by Kushner.

Here's how Nate Archibald fares at the very end of Gossip Girl

Ultimately, his work at The Spectator under his boss-turned-lover Diana Payne (Elizabeth Hurley, permanently clad in animal-print bandage dresses) is what helps Nate Archibald rise above his family's reputation. By Season 5, he's running the entire paper, and after booting Diana from the company by using blackmail and general intrigue, he's fully in control of The Spectator by the time "Gossip Girl" hurtles toward its finale in Season 6.

In the series finale, "The Goodbye Gossip Girl," the show flashes forward to show us where some of its major characters ended up, including Nate. Not only is he swanning about on a private jet bearing The Spectator's logo — quite a feat for a newspaper whose financial troubles served as plot fodder multiple times — but he's asked if it's true that he might be running for mayor. (He doesn't answer, leaving the answer a mystery.) This is a particularly funny twist knowing that Jared Kushner ended up in the United States government under his father-in-law, Donald Trump, although clearly, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage didn't see that whole thing coming.

"Gossip Girl" is available to stream on Max now.
Old 12-12-2023, 02:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Love your icon by the way

Toothless is so cute

If I could have it my way Serena and Nate would’ve ended up together

I’m still bitter

They really did love each other
Old 12-16-2023, 11:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Keeping this alive

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 12-17-2023 at 11:22 AM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, I just changed my avatar to Snoopy.

Thank you for keeping the thread going.

10 Teen Drama TV Series Where Best Friends Become Lovers

Quote:
8. Nate and Serena - Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl is centered around the lives of privileged teens residing on Manhattan's Upper East Side. The series unfolds through the eyes of an anonymous blogger, Gossip Girl, who dishes out scandalous information about the characters. The primary focus is on a group of friends, including Serena, Blair, Nate, and Chuck, as they navigate the challenges of wealth, love, power, and friendship.

Their Compassion Made Way for Their Future

While Nate and Serena's romance was short-lived, it was one of the best friend-to-lover relationships to see. They started as close friends during their childhoods and were always woven together given the surrounding drama. In season three, they have an adorable moment where Nate confesses he has been crazy about her all this time, finally getting them into a relationship. While they dated, they were titled the golden couple by The Gossip Girl, which is right given their compassion and happiness together.
Who’s New and Who’s Returning in ‘The Boys’ Season 4?

Quote:
Chace Crawford as The Deep