Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2021, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Penn Badgley says he had an 'out-of-body experience' while filming his final line for 'Gossip Girl'

Quote:
Penn Badgley said that the most challenging scene to film from "Gossip Girl" was one from the series finale, in which his character, Dan Humphrey, said that the titular blogger was "dead."

"I could not keep it together," Badgley said in a new interview as part of Esquire's "Explain This" video series. "Something came over me and I just couldn't say it. I kept laughing. I couldn't stop. I was sweating. I was having an out-of-body experience."

The "You" star was referring to a line uttered by Dan toward the end of the episode, shortly after everyone learned that he was the mysterious blogger who meddled in their lives for years.

Badgley and costar Chace Crawford (Nate Archibald) have both agreed that the identity of Gossip Girl made no sense. However, the finale tried to justify Dan as the blogger by reasoning that the character wanted to be part of the elite group but knew he wouldn't fit in because he wasn't born into wealth. So, "Lonely Boy" inserted himself into that world via GG.

The revelation caused confusion among the main characters, many of whom suspected that others seemed like more plausible choices for GG. Dan admitted to his father that he "screwed up, plenty of times" but "always tried to do the right thing."

Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) was less forgiving, saying that "Gossip Girl ruined our lives." Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively), in defense of Dan, said that his actions benefited the whole group.

"He made me realize that I don't want to run away, that you guys are my family and I belong here," Serena said. "And so does Dan."

"So I guess that means it's all over now, that we can all grow up and move on?" Blair said, coming to terms with the big reveal.

In response, Dan said: "Yeah. Gossip Girl's dead."

That was Dan's last line on the show. Then, the finale jumped ahead five years to his and Serena's wedding.

Donna
Old 10-22-2021, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

that was such a good blooper with Penn
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

I like it.

Donna
Old 10-24-2021, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Chace Crawford Heads Out for a Walk Around Los Feliz With His Dog Shiner

Donna
Old 10-26-2021, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting those.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

The Boys Hilariously Spoofed Marvel's What If, And Now It Needs To Exist

Quote:
With its first two seasons, Amazon's The Boys proved itself to be as unique a superhero adventure as Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson's comic book source material. Being unique doesn't mean the show can't take inspiration from other projects, of course, and the R-rated streaming series had a bit of fun with a spoof of Disney+'s animated anthology series What If...? that makes me wish this were a real plotline happening in The Boys Season 3 next year.

As good as The Boys already is, it would certainly be interesting to see how showrunner Eric Kripe could turn these characters on their heads with some personality swaps. Check out the intriguing imagery below that mashes together The Boys and Marvel's alt-universe approach for its What If...? quasi adaptation.

I'm pretty sure Jeffrey Wright's character The Watcher did not and would not use an F-bomb when introducing himself at any point, but then The Watcher is certainly not a proper one-to-one comparison point for Karl Urban's Billy Butcher. I'm pretty sure nothing perfectly compares to Butcher, except for maybe like a helicopter with chainsaws and alligators duct-taped to the rotors. In any case, it's the rest of the crew that really sparks the ol' imagination.

What kind of a twisted ass world would it be if Jack Quaid's Hughie was suddenly in the role of Homelander? Hughie is more often than not The Boys' most empathetic character, as well as its least nihilistically destructive protagonist. Would he even actually use any of Homelander's powers? Well, probably as an actual superhero, as opposed to what The Seven gets into within the show's world. Of course, if anyone could bring Homelander's declining public appeal back to its former heights, it'd be the bumbling Hughie.

Given how quietly powerful Dominique McElligott's Queen Maeve can be, it makes enough since that Karen Fukuhara's Kimiko would take over that role. (Not just because she's the only female member of The Boys, but partially.) I'd also be interested to see how Laz Alonso's Mother's Milk would bring more legitimacy to the superhero role of A-Train, since Jesse T. Usher's character is a bit of an egotistical douche. And while I can't exactly find the clearest line of similarity or disparity with Tomer Kapon's Frenchie serving as The Deep, I'd be intrigued to hear the kinds of bonkers conversations he'd have with aquatic life.

Since it seems like a good time for it, can we agree that The Boys' universe would be a perfect place for Howard the Duck to pop by? Maybe portrayed by Chace Crawford, since ducks are water fowl.

Marvel's What If...? is already locked in to deliver Season 2, likely next year, and though I can't imagine the animated series will introduce Homelander or any of the other Boys characters, my eyes will be scouring the backgrounds to look for anything that comes close to resembling a callback reference. Maybe we'll get our first look at the MCU's Sub-Mariner and he'll have singing gills.

Without any clear sign yet just when The Boys will drop Season 3 on Amazon Prime Video, or when we'll see the confirmed spinoff, we'll just have to wait for more updates from the streaming platform. Luckily, there are lots of other 2021 Fall TV premieres yet to arrive, so be sure to keep track of those while waiting!

Donna
Old 10-27-2021, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Donna
Old 10-30-2021, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

The cast of ‘The Boys’ before ‘The Boys’

Quote:
Chace Crawford - Deep

The American actor Chace Crawford rose to fame for his role as Nate Archibald in the series ‘Gossip Girl’, between 2007 and 2012. In ‘The Boys’ he plays the role of The Deep, a stalker and troubled superhero.

It will always be Nate Archibald

We have seen him in other series such as ‘Glee’ (2014) and in ‘Blood and Oil’ (2015). In cinema, he has worked on films such as ‘What to Expect When You’re Expecting (2012) where he appeared with Jennifer López and Cameron Díaz.

Donna
Old 11-01-2021, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for sharing
Old 11-01-2021, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

You're welcome.

Could someone submit Chace please?

Donna
Old 11-02-2021, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

done

that’s a nice picture

thanks for sharing
Old 11-03-2021, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Thanks for submitting Chace.

You're welcome.

Penn Badgley turns 35 — Where are the original ‘Gossip Girl’ cast members now?

Quote:
Chаce Crаwford plаyed hunky lаcrosse plаyer Nаte Archibаld on “Gossip Girl,” who wаs the object of Serenа vаn der Woodsen аnd Blаir Wаldorf’s аffections.

Chаce Crаwford stаrred in the ABC primetime soаp operа “Blood аnd Oil” in 2015, but the show wаs cаnceled аfter only 10 episodes. He then discovered а hit Amаzon Prime show, “The Boys,” which he hаs been stаrring in since 2019. Chаce, who will next be seen in the аction thriller “Riptide,” mаde fаns lаugh when he аppeаred in а “The Bаchelorette”-inspired skit on Kim Kаrdаshiаn West’s episode of “Sаturdаy Night Live” in October 2021. After severаl yeаrs of dаting, he аnd his “Blood аnd Oil” co-stаr Rebeccа Rittenhouse divorced in 2019.

Donna
Old 11-05-2021, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Zachary Levi

Tony Romo’s Kids Aren’t Allowed to Watch Uncle Chace Crawford on ‘Gossip Girl’: ‘That Is Somebody Else!’

Donna
Old 11-06-2021, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

awww

well I just looked up how old they are and they're definitely too young to be watching their uncle on that show
Reply   Post New Thread