S2x16 -Monsters
Tuesday February 26th 2019

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
Reeva prepares to carry out her plan for the Inner Circle,
but not everyone is on the same page.

PROMO

Old 02-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Season finale, not series right? Was the show not renewed?
Old 02-26-2019, 07:36 PM
Graphics Team

I don't think there's really been any info on if there is going to be a season 3?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 02-26-2019, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, as long as no announcement that it's officially canceled, I will keep on being hopeful.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:01 PM
Graphics Team

OMG THAT EPISODE ENDING!

I'm happy and sad at the same time! Like.. I didn't think Reed would die. But damn he had some massive powers.

CLARICE OMG. I knew she wasn't dead!! I hope and pray there will be a season 3. I need continuation of this!
Old 02-26-2019, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry pretty (View Post)
Season finale, not series right? Was the show not renewed?
Disney's merger with FOX affects everything. Even with Netflix, Jessica Jones and The Punished got canceled. Marvel has their own streaming service and between that and a joined universe, everything has to be reset. I hope Sophie Turner doesn't have to lose Jean Grey, but I won't be surprised if she does. So this show and Legion probably won't have any information.

I think this is one of those classic alternate reality tropes. This isn't the Clarice that died. She has different powers and looks different, too. She's another Clarice from another reality. The Clarice they knew did die, this is just a Clarice from another version.

It doesn't matter, though. She is alive and I wom't give up on the show. I'm really sad that Reed is gone, but he was both important enough for us to care about his fate and expendable enough because he's not in the mythology. I only care about Sage being dead because she's canon and 3 deaths is too much. If it's just her and Reed, then it's okay. I am still judging Lorna for doing something stupid that got her friends killed and led to this b.s.

Reva got the gloriously painful death I wanted her to have. Ryan going public was everything.

I'm curious who they'll bring in next season. I hope the new mutants will be less obscure. The verse is gigantic and there are tons of characters they can use, they just have to make sure they haven't been in MCU or the FOX movies.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like the Clarice we saw at the end is from an alternate reality too.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

She was a bad-ass and I am finding the best quality gif of it that I can.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:29 PM
Total Fan

Agree about Blink. X-Men comics seem to be full of characters from alternate futures.

Any chance Reed comes back as some kind of energy being, Dark Phoenix style?

Hope Sophie and Phoebe aren't dead, I love their creepy triplets shtick. Happy Esme took down Ryan and joined the Underground.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
Agree about Blink. X-Men comics seem to be full of characters from alternate futures.

Any chance Reed comes back as some kind of energy being, Dark Phoenix style?

Hope Sophie and Phoebe aren't dead, I love their creepy triplets shtick. Happy Esme took down Ryan and joined the Underground.
I that Cloak and Dagger icon.

I would love for Reed to be like the Dark Phoenix,but I doubt it. He was meant to be a tragic, noble hero whose deaths broke everyone's hearts.

I doubt the triplets are dead. They are too bats**t to die. They'll see reason eventually and their mother wasn't black and white. She was affliliated with the X-Men, the Hellfire Club and the Inner Circle. At the end of the day, she's in love with Cyclops and picked the good guys. If their mother can do it, so they can they. I want them to be those good guys you have to keep yelling at to take it down a notch, get asked what's wrong with them and reply with snark and scowling.

Like I said in the Strucker thread, they need to focus on Sentinel Services. Reva was a mess and this Inner Circle thing was a disappointment. No, it's against the rules to show Emma Frost and Sebastien Shaw because they're in the movie verse. There are god knows how many lesser mutants who could be the next generation. If they did exist, some random mutant with a creepy, god-like ability is the one leading the charge. She was a ripoff of the one from heroes and they didn't give her a family, kids or anything to soften her or give her depth. I think she did care about that guy she was dating otherwise she wouldn't have been so irate with Rebecca. He's still not enough of a reason because she was cruel, she used him and feelings weren't enough. The woman had a god complex and it was .
Old 02-26-2019, 10:31 PM
Total Fan

Thanks.

I'd love to see the Cuckoos develop into fun antiheroes.

It was weird how irrelevant Sentinel Services was this season. They may not have gone as far as Jace wanted, but they were still a big enough threat to mutants to be the primary antagonists of the first season. Reeva wasn't fleshed out enough to be an interesting main villain. That relationship with the bank guy was introduced out of nowhere then promptly thrown away within the same episode. Jace was more compelling, even if I absolutely hate that guy's guts. I also find it hard to believe the police would just let the Purifiers handle a mutant situation.

Last edited by Mori; 02-26-2019 at 10:36 PM
Old 02-27-2019, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
Thanks.

I'd love to see the Cuckoos develop into fun antiheroes.

It was weird how irrelevant Sentinel Services was this season. They may not have gone as far as Jace wanted, but they were still a big enough threat to mutants to be the primary antagonists of the first season. Reeva wasn't fleshed out enough to be an interesting main villain. That relationship with the bank guy was introduced out of nowhere then promptly thrown away within the same episode. Jace was more compelling, even if I absolutely hate that guy's guts. I also find it hard to believe the police would just let the Purifiers handle a mutant situation.
Exactly. It made no sense and I don't know what they were thinking. The Purifiers were more than enough as villains. I think the police let them because of Wilson. I despise Jace,but as far as villains go, he's a good one. He has his moments and he's not stupid, He believed John until Lorna and Andy showed up. He felt awful about possibly harmed children. He did question Ryan, he was just easily manipulated. I hope the is dead.

On Amino, they were voting unlikely scene pairs and someone seriously suggested Lauren and Jace. She would not be able to convince him of anything and he wouldn't go easier on her at all. Why Ryan allied himself with a mutant fundamentalist is beyond me. He's full of crap and he keeps letting humans die to promote his agenda.

For the love of god show, focus already. I know S2 of any show is tough,but this was just dumb. They introduced all these people who were throwaways or uninteresting. Why didn't they show any ACTUAL Morlocks? No, you can't use Caliban or the one who negates everyone's powers. No, you can't use Callisto. They could have still used Marrow or an obscure Morlock. I wish they'd understand that when they start casting. Dreamer was a Morlock and I don't get why she was above ground. I always look up the ones I don't recognize except for the Cuckoos.

Disney is going to make major overhauls and The Gifted and Legion should be worried.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:20 AM
Graphics Team

Looking back at it, yeah that Clarice may be from an alternate reality. Well, even if she is, I'm glad Jamie is still in the show.
Did anyone see the image on the other side of her portal?? It was all firey. I wonder what happened.

And did I miss something? How can she open her portals like that?

I was hoping that Reed wasn't really dead and that he'd come back somehow. Although I'm glad he brought down Reeva. She was an interesting character, but she needed to go. She was just pure evil.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

that was an awesome finale. i really hope we get a season 3 cuz i need more on what happened after that crazy ending.

im glad Reeva is gone, just a shame that reed had to go with her.

but im so happy to see Clarice again. but i agree she isnt from this reality. i hope we get to learn more about this more.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

What a final wow just wow .. clarice not being from this world makes sense people are saying it have th3 x men back to the future feel w nd I see that to .

Reed I'm happy to see what he did but wow I will miss him

I wrote series final . Should I change to season final z I just feel we won't g3t a season 3 looks like some of the actors are saying goodbye in a way ... I hope I'm wrong

Jac love your new icon