Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm hoping so as well.. that would be a nice difference from the book (where I've read other things about her character )

She's in this vid! Some of the people in the vid did a shoot, I hope alexis did as well!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 06-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I love how they used Alexis's beautiful blue eyes to full effect in the series with the muzzle and then her absolute horror at what those bastards did to her. She really impressed me in this, and I found Rory unbelievably annoying, even though I still really liked Gilmore Girls. But she did good work here. And her and Elisabeth Moss were a good duo.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good to see you in this thread!
She worked well off Elisabeth yes! I wonder if it helps that they were on Mad Men's set together?

I even read that Elisabeth went to her wedding.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

She looks like a doll in that bts pic. And thanks for the video!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank for the vid and pic.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
Good to see you in this thread!
Aw, thanks. It's a great show. This and Big Little Lies were such good TV for women this year. I studied The Handmaid's Tale in my Women's Literature module in college, I read some of the best books in that one. The Bell Jar is also a forever favourite. I don't think I realised the stories women could tell before that, if you know what I mean. I always loved reading, I guess I just never thought about what it means to be a woman and how to navigate the world as a woman.

I thought The Handmaid's Tale was just stunning, Atwood is a fantastic writer. I also adore dystopian fiction since I read that one. I love thinking about the world as it could be with just a few tweaks.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hope to get round to watching Big Little Lies eventually. I've seen a lot of praise for it.

That Women's Lit module must have been fun. It would be nice to have more female-authored female-centric stories in pre-college curriculum too. Maybe other countries are better in that regard, but here is really male-dominated. I remember my elementary and middle school readings basically as stories about a boy or group of boys who do things and girls are secondary characters or non-existent.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I definitely recommend Big Little Lies. Great show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconut5 (View Post)
Aw, thanks. It's a great show. This and Big Little Lies were such good TV for women this year. I studied The Handmaid's Tale in my Women's Literature module in college, I read some of the best books in that one. The Bell Jar is also a forever favourite. I don't think I realised the stories women could tell before that, if you know what I mean. I always loved reading, I guess I just never thought about what it means to be a woman and how to navigate the world as a woman.

I thought The Handmaid's Tale was just stunning, Atwood is a fantastic writer. I also adore dystopian fiction since I read that one. I love thinking about the world as it could be with just a few tweaks.
That's good! I have yet to read the book but I'm thinking about ordering it....Will be a different book from what I usually read since I love (crime) thrillers

Old 06-22-2017, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Old 06-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 06-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome news!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Great news, thanks for sharing.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Super exciting news!

I am so curious where they'll take her storyline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntzmore (View Post)
Fingers crossed

Emmy experts predict Drama Guest Actress: Alexis Bledel (‘Handmaid’s’) - Goldderby

Quote:
According to Gold Derby’s Emmy experts, Bledel is the frontrunner to win Best Drama Guest Actress for her role as Ofglen, one of the titular handmaids who endures countless amounts of pain, both emotional and physical. She has a standout storyline in four of the first five episodes of the hit drama, so even if Emmy voters only watch a few hours, they’ll see Bledel’s impressive performance.

Quote:
Alexis Bledel is joining us THIS SATURDAY, June 24th for an evening of conversation and readings from #ChelseaClinton's SHE PERSISTED! We hope you'll join us, too. 💪🙎📚
Maybe we get some pics from this?

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 06-24-2017 at 08:33 AM
Old 06-24-2017, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Excellent news. Thanks for that
Old 06-26-2017, 01:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Awesome