Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x13: "Tape 7, Side A - Mr. Porter" Episode Discussion Thread

1x13: tape 7, side a
episode discussion thread

"Hey, it’s Hannah. Hannah Baker. That’s right. Don’t adjust your… whatever device you’re hearing this on. It’s me, live and in stereo.
No return engagements, no encore, and this time, absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I’m about to tell you the story of my life.
More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to this tape you’re one of the reasons why.
I’m not saying which tape brings you into the story. But fear not, if you received this lovely little box, your name will pop up. I promise."

x

Tape subject: Mr. Porter, for not believing Hannah was suicidal and for not giving her proper help.

Clay gives Tony the confession tape to copy. Hannah visits Mr. Porter, and tells him about her rape. Hannah secretly records the conversation, hoping Porter will help her. When he does not, she heads home and commits suicide by cutting her wrists and arms lengthwise while in a bathtub filled with water. In the present, Clay confronts Mr. Porter about meeting with Hannah on her last day. He also hands over the tapes including an additional tape with Bryce's confession. Clay tells Porter that he is the subject of the final tape. The depositions continue, with all of those named confessing their faults except for Alex who attempts suicide and is in critical condition. Justin leaves his home and town out of guilt, but not before telling Bryce about the tapes. Jessica tells her father about her rape. Before his deposition, Tyler hides ammunition and guns in his room. At school, Clay reaches out to Skye, a classmate he previously noticed with scars on her wrists.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the thread!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

113:

Mr. Porter really pissed me off when he wasn’t listening to Hannah and taking her seriously. When he said maybe Hannah didn’t say no and didn’t regret something, that was just so uncalled for.

The cutting scene was so disgusting. And her parents finding her how horrible. But in a way that scene seemed a bit sudden to me, like she didnt even have a last good scene with her parents or clay. I was expecting more of a goodbye in a way.

Clay giving the tapes to the dumbass counselor and telling him to do what he thinks necessary? So stupid! Come on Clay. I dont trust that counselor will do the right thing.

It was sweet that Clay asked Skye to hang out.

So many questions about what happened to the characters. I really hope this is a season 2 but without Hannah I do think it would be a little strange.

Thank God Tony gave the tapes to Hannah’s mom!
Old 06-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

tftnt
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 06-07-2017, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.

I really don't get why Mr. Porter didn't do anything! It was clear that Hannah was struggling and he didn't offer her help or anything. I am not saying it is his fault that Hannah killed herself but if he had helped her or warned her parents so anybody could have helped her then maybe this wouldn't have happened. I wonder what Porter is going to do with the tapes.

The scene where she cut herself really shocked me because I didn't think they were going to show it in such an explicit way. It broke my heart and then her parent finding her. I cried so hard.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

that was definitely the saddest scene on the show. Not something Id want to watch again.

Mr. Porter is horrible!