Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x08: "Tape 4, Side B - Ryan Shaver" Episode Discussion Thread

1x08: tape 4, side b
episode discussion thread

"Hey, it’s Hannah. Hannah Baker. That’s right. Don’t adjust your… whatever device you’re hearing this on. It’s me, live and in stereo.
No return engagements, no encore, and this time, absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I’m about to tell you the story of my life.
More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to this tape you’re one of the reasons why.
I’m not saying which tape brings you into the story. But fear not, if you received this lovely little box, your name will pop up. I promise."

x

Tape subject: Ryan Shaver, for stealing a poem she wrote noting her personal problems and publishing it in the school newspaper without her consent.

Hannah is touched by poetry recited by fellow student Ryan Shaver and pours her heart out after encouragement from his side. Ryan betrays her by publishing the poem against her will in his school magazine. In the present day, Tony confides to Clay about the night of Hannah's death.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the thread!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

108:

Wow did Justin seriously just suggest they kill Clay and make it look like a suicide? Okay, I take it back, he’s the worst.

You can tell in these later episodes that Hannah is starting to lose her spunk/attitude. You can tell all this crap is getting to her.

The Hannah/Tony friendship was sweet. I wonder what Tony has to do with Hannah. (other than witnessing the crime scene)

Tony/Clay are so cute, lol @ clay not realizing he was gay. And when Tony said his bf was jealous because he's spending all his time with Clay and Clay was like "not in a romantic way" and then Tony said "sure" that moment felt so charged!

It just seems unrealistic to me that everyone is so mean to Hannah, like for no reason at all? I’ve never seen a whole bunch of students do that to one person. Its sickening and sad.

Clay’s parents are way too lenient! He leaves school for an entire day and doesn’t tell them, comes home late… and then just strolls in and they are fine with it? And this isn’t the first time that they did this.