Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

1x05: "Tape 3, Side A - Courtney Crimsen" Episode Discussion Thread

1x05: tape 3, side a
episode discussion thread

"Hey, it’s Hannah. Hannah Baker. That’s right. Don’t adjust your… whatever device you’re hearing this on. It’s me, live and in stereo.
No return engagements, no encore, and this time, absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I’m about to tell you the story of my life.
More specifically, why my life ended. And if you’re listening to this tape you’re one of the reasons why.
I’m not saying which tape brings you into the story. But fear not, if you received this lovely little box, your name will pop up. I promise."

x

Tape subject: Courtney Crimsen, for throwing Hannah under the bus to avoid being discovered as one of the people on the kiss photo.

Courtney, afraid of her classmates finding out about her sexuality, spreads the rumour that the girls in the leaked photos are Hannah and Laura, an openly lesbian classmate. Courtney also adds to the rumor about Hannah and Justin, furthering Hannah's poor reputation. Meanwhile, in the present, Clay takes Courtney to visit Hannah's grave. She leaves quickly, not ready to face the loss of her classmate and her involvement. Tony arrives with Clay's bike and gives him a tape with the song he and Hannah danced to at the Winter Formal. Later the boys force Clay into the car with them and scare him into silence about the tapes by driving over the speed limit. They are pulled over by the police but get away with it as the officer is revealed to be Alex's father.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the thread!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

105:

The dream at the beginning was so awful. I felt like that maybe was a bit much for them to throw in there.

The Clay/Justin scene was hawtttt. (the actors okay, not the characters...) Too bad Justin is such a jerk! I liked when he stood up to the Montgomery guy for calling Hannah a lesbian but that was really the only decent moment he had. When the guys threatened Clay in the car, ugh I hate them. And I hate that Alex is acting this way because I had higher hopes for his character in the beginning....

I agree that the picture of Courtney/Hannah was very obviously them, so its weird that they tried to write it that people couldn’t tell… and that almost makes it worse, that most people didnt even know.... because then why did Courtney care so much? I dont see why she had to cut Hannah out. And spread all those lies. And her dads are gay so it feels weird to me that she would be so scared to come out, usually the parents are the ones you care most about finding out? I was with clay on that. She just took things too far so its hard to have a lot of sympathy for her, even if she was scared of coming out.

My heart hurts for Hannah. Why does she get all this **** piled on honestly, its hard to watch. These kids are so awful to her. I'm starting to understand and sympathize more with why she felt she had to end her life.

Tyler is a perv, that is true, but what I’ve heard about the rapes and stuff coming up, surely he can’t be the worst kid of the bunch?

Tony is so adorable. I love Jeff too he’s so cute. It was interesting Hannah got the mix tape idea from Tony. And see, there was someone else she could have talked to.

The show just makes me sad because Hannah and Clay are so cute and their scenes are so great and knowing she’s dead just… It hurts. I mean wasn’t it obvious to her that he was like the only genuine person that actually cared about her and wanted to be around her? How did she not see that? At the same time I just desperately wanted him to stand up for her a bit more. Damn that dance scene I wanted him to kiss her so bad. UGH AND THE ENDING SCENE WHEN HE LISTENED TO THE SONG AND THEN FINALLY TOOK A SHOWER AND CRIED. My heart. I feel so awful for Clay because he's really taking this hard and blaming himself for not making his feelings more obvious, and now its too late.

I’m interested to hear Clay’s freaking tape. And why the heck he’s even on it. because right now hes just so pure.