Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Board Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Catia or Chelle a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Catia and Chelle
Old 08-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh yay i look forward to seeing this board customized. i think you should go for some blue colors since that is what their theme/logo is example
Old 08-13-2017, 05:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know anything about Westworld but I did see these two colour schemes which could fit with that colouring if you wanted to go with it. Of course we could also make a colour scheme based on that picture if you wanted those exact colours but I think these are pretty close

Summer Sky / Colour Sea

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-13-2017, 08:13 PM
Graphics Team

Those are nice Chelle
I didn't see any promo shots for the show with the characters. Are there some, by any chance?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 08-14-2017, 03:35 AM
Graphics Team Manager

^ I don't think there was a photoshoot but there's usable episode stills for at least some of the characters from what I found

Looking at Wikipedia there's a lot of characters who are classed as mains. Which characters would you like included in the banner? I see in your board guide you've only got 9 listed so I'm presuming those ones? Not sure if there are better ones but there's a number of pictures here which can be used for some characters (Bernard, Angela, & Peter I think are the ones who aren't there from your list of characters in the board guide) There's possible other pictures here including some of them though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-14-2017, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for this. I'm going to have a look for stuff I'm just busy at work right now
Old 08-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i'll leave that to em to decide on what photos she wants to use. im sure you guys will come up with something great for the board though
Old 08-14-2017, 03:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
yeah i'll leave that to em to decide on what photos she wants to use. im sure you guys will come up with something great for the board though
Leave it to who? If you're a poster on the board its as much your choice as it is the mods . Then I think knowing which characters are wanted is more important than the pictures as it gives us a starting point & depending on the characters we may then be able to just use the pictures from that first link I posted

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-16-2017, 07:05 AM
Graphics Team

So I looked through the albums and I think I found some usable pictures for most of the characters... Do you like these?

Dolores
Maeve, 2
Robert, 2
Teddy
Bernard
Hector
The Man in Black, (2) Young
Lawrence
Logan
Ashley
Charlotte
Lee
Clementine

I couldn't find good pictures for Elsie, Theresa and Angela.

Obviously the more characters are included, the less visible they'll be...

Last edited by chaos blues; 08-16-2017 at 07:18 AM
Old 08-16-2017, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The only thing is some of the characters I'm not sure if they're main
Old 08-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for doing that Soph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Five Alpha (View Post)
The only thing is some of the characters I'm not sure if they're main
Soph was just trying to help by linking to pictures of a number of the characters. Which characters would you see as the mains & that you'd like included in the banner?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-16-2017, 06:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Lee, Logan, Lawrence, Charlotte, Ashley, Elsie on your list are not main characters
Old 08-16-2017, 07:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

So that would leave the following characters as the ones you feel should be included in the graphic:

Dolores
Maeve
Robert
Teddy
Bernard
Hector
The Man in Black
Clementine
Theresa (no pic)
Ashley (no pic)

The last two won't be possible unless someone can find usable pictures of them

Since Wikipedia lists the characters Soph listed as mains I'll say we could technically include them all but they'd be small (see Twilight for an example). That'd be our max but we'd prefer a max of 8-10 (which is what's listed above) to keep them clearly visible so I'd say if you wanted to go with around about that amount or less it'd be good

I'm still going by Wikipedia as I know nothing about the show but it lists eight characters as mains for both S1 & S2 (while the rest are TBA): Dolores, Maeve, Bernard, Teddy, Ashley, Lee, William, & Man in Black. I don't know if that is correct or influences your opinion? Also should both William & Man in Black be included as two separate characters?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-17-2017, 08:39 AM
Graphics Team

I personally would include the first 7 on my list, since they are the most present on the show. But as Chelle said, we can do more if you guys feel anyone else should be included.

Last edited by chaos blues; 08-17-2017 at 08:54 AM
Old 08-17-2017, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
Thanks for doing that Soph Soph was just trying to help by linking to pictures of a number of the characters. Which characters would you see as the mains & that you'd like included in the banner?
No, I appreciate that I meant in terms of they're not main, so would we be able to get a good photo shoot of them